• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kid Icarus: Uprising Composers Revealed. You will say, "Wow."

Codeblue

I said, "I've never heard of any of those motherfuckers."

Were you expecting to have heard of them when you clicked the thread?

The only people I would consider more recognizable than Mitsuda are people like Kondo and Uematsu.

Also, so excited to hear Takada's work. Pleather for Breakfast remains one of my favorite tracks of this generation.

SteeloDMZ

Banned
I expected to see either Uematsu or one of the prominent western composers. I would have said "Wow" to that. These guys I've never heard of, nothing Wow-worthy about them.

Maybe you should start listening to some good music then. Go to youtube and look for the Chrono Cross OST.

GCX

I expected to see either Uematsu or one of the prominent western composers. I would have said "Wow" to that. These guys I've never heard of, nothing Wow-worthy about them.
Why would you expect western composers in a game made in Japan by Nintendo?

Those are some of the most recognized Japanese vg composers after Kondo and Uematsu.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
It's definitely not "clusterfuck like Brawl" if that's what your asking.

I'm not asking anything. I don't like the approach Sakurai has taken with this franchise, and having more content within the mechanics he's established doesn't change that original dislike.

The artstyle is perfect given the nature of the subject matter.

Artstyle is the one of the most subjective things there is. It's perfect to you, not to me. Not really anything to discuss unless you would like me to delve into my personal tastes.

Control options give you more ways to play if you feel default is janky.

I'm in the Miyamoto school when it comes to controls. One intuitive set that's good for all. I don't like to fiddle when I'm trying to enjoy a game.

And so what if you're not nostalgic about the old games? The old games never played like this anyways (and I don't think many are nostalgic about how they played, either).
OK?
Sorry, but there's no argument here. You're just biased.

You are right. This ISN'T an argument. Of course I am biased. We are all biased. You are biased towards liking it, I'm biased towards not. The game's not even out yet. I replied because I liked the soundtrack and wanted the music CD. I'm scratching my head as to why you're so passionate in trying to prove me wrong for a personal opinion.

Tom_Cody

even more, what you will say now?
http://club.nintendo.jp/present/itempop_p138.html

pop_itemimg_p138.jpg

Club Nintendo JP special - Kid Icarus: Uprising Soundtrack Selection
(25 tracks, 400 points)
and us Euros didn't even get the free cards (yet)

kYjMm.gif
dramabomb8or.gif

I'm in the Miyamoto school when it comes to controls. One intuitive set that's good for all. I don't like to fiddle when I'm trying to enjoy a game.

you cant fiddle with anything. The game has different control options, not customizations.
You just pick stylus, or circle pad option
if you want the miyamoto style option then pick the option the game was built on.

Alex

Sakuraba is very hit or miss, his standard work has grown a bit tired, like Star Ocean and Tales, but every now and then he hits a major home run. Dark Souls had an utterly fantastic soundtrack for my tastes. Best shit he's done since the original VP.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Nice body of work. My only apprehension is Sakuraba and most of that is because I still stand by the fact that the last good work he has done was Golden Sun; truth be told a large contributing factor is due to not touching a Tales game after Symphonia and I have not trudged deep enough in to Abyss.

Most of it comes from the fact that he works like crazy and you're bound to find tracks which sound too similar to something he did a year ago, or it may feel that there is not enough substance to the a lot of tracks themselves.

Uh..... Baten Kaitos and Baten Kaitos Origins.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Wow, impressive.

For those who don't know the names of these famous composers:

Motoi Sakuraba: Tales of, Star Ocean, Valkyrie Profile, Baten Kaitos, Dark Souls, Golden Sun
Yuzo Koshiro: Streets of Rage, ActRaiser, Shinobi, Etrian Odyssey
Masafumi Takada: Killer7, No More Heroes, God Hand
Noriyuki Iwadare: Lunar, Grandia, Radiata Stories
Yasunori Mitsuda: Chrono Trigger/Cross, Xenogears, Shadow Hearts
Holy shit.

linko9

That's an incredible roster! Did they all contribute tracks to Brawl? Perhaps that's how Sakurai got to know most of them.

What's wrong with Sakuraba's music? I really haven't been exposed to that many games beyond the Golden Sun and Mario Sports games. I also couldn't believe he was the composer for Tales of Phantasia, since it really didn't sound like Sakuraba. At least not like how the Mario Sports games sound like it came from Golden Sun.

Firemind

All of his music is based around 5/4 or 7/8 time signatures or some shit. Therefore he is a hack for using complex rhythms in what is basically the same arrangement over and over again. Uematsu 4 lyfe

flowsnake

Sakuraba is very hit or miss, his standard work has grown a bit tired, like Star Ocean and Tales, but every now and then he hits a major home run. Dark Souls had an utterly fantastic soundtrack for my tastes. Best shit he's done since the original VP.

I just realized he did Dark Souls, what the hell that is weird.

Noriyuki Iwadare! YES! Freakin' legend right there.

Noriyuki Iwadare
-Grandia
-Growlanser
-Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
-Radiata Stories
-Super Smash Bros: Brawl
-Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
- YS III

And the Lunar series, his supreme masterpiece.

All of his music is based around 5/4 or 7/8 time signatures or some shit. Therefore he is a hack for using complex rhythms in what is basically the same arrangement over and over again. Uematsu 4 lyfe

Um... could you repeat that for those of us that know nothing about music?

Top Bottom