• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - Helghan TRAILER (Must See)

Cerberus

Beautiful screens and amazing gifs. This game always impresses me more and more when a new trailer is revealed. The beginning of 2009 is gonna be sweet with Killzone 2 and Resident Evil 5 coming out. :D

DrPirate

Banned
stuburns said:
Even if you're not, I don't care, I'd still take it off the sticks. I accidently press them, and I don't ever want to accidently do anything. Blame me, blame the controller design, it doesn't matter. Maybe for you it's not an issue, but for me it is.

You can change it...

But as Hoffman states, it really isn't a problem. Maybe it happened to you because of the circumstance (playing standing up, etc).

StuBurns

Banned
DrPirate said:
You can change it...

But as Hoffman states, it really isn't a problem. Maybe it happened to you because of the circumstance (playing standing up, etc).
I was sitting. But KZ2 isn't even the issue, I accidently do this with every game that use those buttons. Hence my distaste towards it.

And I know it has different settings, but I don't think any of them remove R3/L3 command attachment altogether.

DrPirate

Banned
stuburns said:
I was sitting. But KZ2 isn't even the issue, I accidently do this with every game that use those buttons. Hence my distaste towards it.

And I know it has different settings, but I don't think any of them remove R3/L3 command attachment altogether.

I can definitely empathize (I always used to accidentally reload or switch fire rates on Socom 1-2). You're right now that I think of it. There definitely should be an alternative to using the sticks.

But as a player who also always accidentally clicks the sticks in, I made the error a couple of times on the first round I played, and it never happened after that. I suppose I got used to it, but as you put: We're not all the same. So you're definitely right.

Raistlin

Almost done downloading the torrent. I'm going to leave my PC on overnight, so my seed (lol) will be available to all

Raistlin

DrPirate said:
Maybe it happened to you because of the circumstance (playing standing up, etc).

As I stated, it happens to me quite often in the Resistance series. Nothing like being 20 feet away from an enemy in a deathmatch, and randomly attacking the air with the butt of your rifle before getting killed.

I'm sure its plenty funny for my opponents though. Must look like my character's having some kind of seizure before they shoot me.

Schrade

Yes, the torrent is the same. And since it's a few pages back, here's my repeat:

BitTorrent for 720p MP4 here: http://www.btghost.com/link/18897863/

Speeds should be REALLY good right now. Lots of seeders.

And for people trying to play mp4s using QuickTime, please don't. QuickTime for Windows is a massively slow hunk of chunky peanut ridden shit. Do not use it.

Use Media Player Classic Home Cinema instead:

x86 Version: http://www.xvidvideo.ru/content/category/1/1/2/
x64 Version: http://www.xvidvideo.ru/content/category/1/2/3/

Or, if you want to use your choice of a DirectShow compatible video player, install CoreAVC, the fastest software h.264 decoder out there (usually beats hardware decoders by a lot):

http://finalbuilds.edskes.net/coreavc.htm

Clinton514

Interesting info:
  • It is all in-game or in-game cutscene footage. No trickery. No cheating. Nothing is pre-rendered. That is what the game will look like when you play it. (but of course with in first person with a gun)
  • Q1 - ATAC has a good amount of new paint on it lol very nice but what about the machine at the end? Could you give a name of the thing? (Guessing since you told me the ATAC's name before this isn't too out of line).
    Q2 -The new General, well, is he a General? What is his rank? A Feild Marshall would be cooler if you ask me (above general).
    A1 - Exo Skeleton.
    A2 - Colonal
  • Voice acting for Sev: Demetri Goritsas -
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0330983/

Taken from: link

McLovin

stuburns said:
I want Zoom off R3 and Sprint off L3. In fact, I don't want devs even using those shitty buttons.
I completely disagree, I love using those buttons for running/zooming/melee attacks(I loved COD4 controls). In fact I think every game should use them. It frees up the other buttons for more useful things. If you keep hitting them try relaxing more.. maybe your gripping the controller too tightly.

Schrade

LiquidMetal14 said:
Gametrailers has the trailer streaming right now. No DL for me though since it wont let me
Don't bother with that. Just get the MP4 version. Much better quality.

FUCK L3 TO SPRINT ....FUUUUCK IT!!!!

..I'm so sick of devs thinking, "Hey lets copy the COD4 control scheme...the kids love it!"
For the love of all that is holy, at least give us the option to customize *bows to Insomniac*

Dante

skulpt said:
Here's a gif I just pulled. Sorry if someone has done this already:

35bxf05.jpg

The level of filters and effects like heat blur and that sort of thing are just off the charts with this game. Check out the sparks flying out of that thing at the same time. The lighting is just miles above anything else right now.

Uhhhh. HOLY FUKKIN SHIT :O

Goddamn what a 1-2 punch Sony has between this and R2...Love it :D

looks amaaaazing

kind of disappointed that we havent seen more weather effects yet though...i was hoping to see some dynamic rain that would take everyone back to the MGS2 trailer days.

WinFonda

Cerberus said:
Beautiful screens and amazing gifs. This game always impresses me more and more when a new trailer is revealed. The beginning of 2009 is gonna be sweet with Killzone 2 and Resident Evil 5 coming out. :D
Yep. Those two games will dominate my existence.

Ceb

AgentOtaku said:

..I'm so sick of devs thinking, "Hey lets copy the COD4 control scheme...the kids love it!"
For the love of all that is holy, at least give us the option to customize *bows to Insomniac*

If anything, CoD4 was the one who "copied" L3 sprint.

McLovin

AgentOtaku said:

Well.. I think we can both agree that devs should give us the option to put it on or take it off.

Ceb said:
If anything, CoD4 was the one who "copied" R3 sprint.

you mean L3/LS to sprint

...yeah they copied it, but CoD4 is also the most successful console shooter in awhile and everyone, devs included, take notes

see R2

DrPirate

Banned
AgentOtaku said:
you mean L3/LS to sprint

...yeah they copied it, but CoD4 is also the most successful console shooter in awhile and everyone, devs included, take notes

see R2

I think he might be referring to the fact that Killzone 1 used Left Stick to sprint.

But I think I'm also being a nosy asshole for inferring such a thing and presuming I know what you're both thinking.

In which case, excuse me, and I'm sorry

JB1981

AgentOtaku said:
you mean L3/LS to sprint

see R2

What button would you rather use for sprint?

StuBurns

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
crouching is useless in Resistance they should just scrap it
It's essential in KZ2.

I'd have gone for something more like this:

L1 - Sprint
L2 - Crouch
R1 - Fire Weapon
R2 - Zoom
Tri - Reload/Pickup Weapon
[] - Grenade
O - Use/Action Button
X - Jump

Firewire

Banned
Ryder said:
killzone.com seems to be down...

It looked as though they started tweaking stuff yesterday. I take it as a sign, personally I think they are preparing the boards for more volume, due to a more open beta coming soon. :/

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
stuburns said:
It's essential in KZ2.

I'd have gone for something more like this:

L1 - Sprint
L2 - Crouch
R1 - Fire Weapon
R2 - Zoom
Tri - Reload/Pickup Weapon
[] - Grenade
O - Use/Action Button
X - Jump
doesn't weapons have alt fire too?

But I agree, I'm not a fan of L3/R3. And fully customizable controls are a must in any real game.

AndyD

aka andydumi
-viper- said:
No it isn't. Useful to hide behind cover, especially co-op.
This. A spec ops can do a great deal of damage by crouching behind a rock and headshoting the lesser guys. Then just pop out throw ammo, and pop back behind cover...

StuBurns

Banned
Brobzoid said:
doesn't weapons have alt fire too?

But I agree, I'm not a fan of L3/R3. And fully customizable controls are a must in any real game.
No alt fire as far as I know, none in the weapons I used, and no button mapped for it.

LegoDad

This game looks amazing. and the crouch is good in resistance if you are a soldier with the shield, you can crouch have a spec ops behind you shooting over the shield, yet still protected, and able to feed you ammo, so your shield is always up.

Az

I didn't have the time to read all comments, so is it possible to completely copy the COD4 controls? I am really comfortable with them and this would just make the game perfect.

Can someone who can run the super hd trailer screengrab where the 2 helghasts are looking over the city? looks like it could be a great wallpaper.

Top Bottom