• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.
recklessmind said:
:D I was thinking this before I ever saw that. A primary reasons I think GG would do a great OTS is because they make an attempt at giving the player realistic weight and momentum (even if it's mostly faked through gunsway). I think they'd come up with some pretty sick player animation. I think it would push the genre forward instead of just treading in place like we've seen the last decade.

I don't know... I just think they're a smart developer and they'd do it right.

Don't get me wrong, I actually prefer third person games to first person games and I think GG could pull it off if they wanted to. I guess if they did do it then the comparisons would shift from CoD to GoW.

GAZERK said:
Haha, totally forgot about the guy on the left.

Hopefully they include him in the game somehow. Even it's just a small cutscene where he's in the background with that exact same facial expression.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Reading through the original thread is funny. Large quantity of "it looks ok, i guess" people being destroyed as the trailer came out

RavenFox

Banned
Y2Kev said:
Reading through the original thread is funny. Large quantity of "it looks ok, i guess" people being destroyed as the trailer came out
lol yup after the trailer the meltdown is hilarious. I have to admit I was one of them:lol

jett said:
Thing I disliked the most about the original KZ1 is that your guns had a deliberate tendency to miss the target...by several feet.
Actually, I have to agree with that comment. The bullet spread was so large that I often wondered why they even bothered with a reticule. I guess it was to indicate 'this is the centre of the screen', rather than 'this is where your bullets will go'. :D

Ploid 3.0

Y2Kev said:

And so began the start of the KZ2 gifs to silence the beasts.
53gh06a.gif

Y2Kev said:

I remember arguing with one guy (this retard) who said that 1.) the 360 could produce better graphics than KZ2's and 2.) GoW had better graphics. I mostly got upset at him because he got a 1up article done on him because he broke 12 xboxs. What a tard.

I tried looking for it in the old thread, but there's way too many posts. I did notice that a lot of people have gotten banned since then though: Altogether Andrews, Borys, etc

BPK

Do we know yet how many maps there are in the multiplayer portion of the game? I seem to recall that Killzone 1 had a rather small number.

As well, it seems that Australia IGN is a little lukewarm on the game. I guess that's the problem when there are such lofty expectations on a game like this.

CHRP718

Banned
BPK said:
Do we know yet how many maps there are in the multiplayer portion of the game? I seem to recall that Killzone 1 had a rather small number.

As well, it seems that Australia IGN is a little lukewarm on the game. I guess that's the problem when there are such lofty expectations on a game like this.
8 Mutiplayer Maps for Killzone 2.

Edit: Beaten:lol

Mrbob

Took about two and a half years, but it looks like the PS3 is starting to flex its graphical superiority over the 360.

Killzone 1 should be up for download on the Playstation store right now. Missed opportunity by Sony.

Kyoufu

Mrbob said:
Killzone 1 should be up for download on the Playstation store right now. Missed opportunity by Sony.

Well theres this thing called backwards compatibility. You know, the lack of.

Mrbob

Haha, true.

Well, I have a 60GB unit, but I would rather spend 10 dollars and download the PS2 version and play it off the hdd than try to hunt down a disc version. Sony could get games emulated on a game by game basis.

Mrbob said:

That's a very bad idea. They definitely don't want to draw anymore attention to KZ1 than they have to.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Spoo said:
I'm replaying KZ1 on my PS3 in preperation for KZ2 :D

It's totally awesome.

Wait until the snow level.

At least it was hard for me 3-4 years ago, or longer than that?

I need to grab a save.

Foil

SolidSnakex said:
That's a very bad idea. They definitely don't want to draw anymore attention to KZ1 than they have to.

So true. It'd be a big mistake to ever release Killzone on PSN. It would hurt Killzone 2 more than help it. I'd rather a full on PS3 remake/revamp of the original anyways.

Guled

the beta is so fucking awesome, I just played for like 3 hours but it felt like 10 mins :lol By far the best online game on the ps3, too bad it ends tomorrow :(

Spoo

Hazaro said:

I need to grab a save.

lol man, the game is kind of a mess -- always has been, and it doesn't exactly get *better* with age. Regardless, it's fun to play, as the core mechanics of it are actually quite good (its just a technical problem shitstorm running the show, lol Killzone 1 has weather in gameplay amirite?!)

It's solid for people who can look past all of that (or who are so blinded with KZ2 pre-cum love that they can't see anything but awesome).

Mrbob said:
Haha, true.

Well, I have a 60GB unit, but I would rather spend 10 dollars and download the PS2 version and play it off the hdd than try to hunt down a disc version. Sony could get games emulated on a game by game basis.

you can find KIllzone pretty easily. Ive seen it everywhere since its greatest hits.

Mrbob said:
Damn is killzone really that bad? :lol

I guess I won't pick it up then!

I don't think it's bad. It just has some flaws that would give people a bad impression of KZ2, and Sony doesn't want that. The AI is very questionable, the framerate can bog down very hard at times and it's really linear.

Have you ever played ZOE and ZOE 2? Notice the difference between those 2? Now if you were wanting someone to be interested in the series, would you suggest that they check out the original or just go straight to the sequel?

Guled

Another thing, I like how this game is taking after GoW2 and RE5 by making the release date on a Friday, more games need to adopt this

Dirtbag

so my roommate just picked up a ps3.
Is the killzone beta still going?
Anyone have a key?

Hopefully this isn't bannable.. I know asking for keys is usually frowned upon but since the early rush has died down.

Y2Kev

KZ1 is really long and has some impressive things about it. The same things people look at KZ2 and go "wow" about started with KZ1-- incredible attention to detail, animation, visual design, etc-- but it was hampered by framerate and the camera stuff made me nauseous.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Guled said:
Another thing, I like how this game is taking after GoW2 and RE5 by making the release date on a Friday, more games need to adopt this
Yeah, Fridays are really nice. I never have to worry about getting work done in advance for a release I'm looking forward to when it's on a Friday. I can just soak it all in.

Foil

Kyoufu said:
They should (if they haven't already) put KZ Liberation on PSN.

Great idea. I never played it since I don't really like handhelds, but it would be perfect for PSN in full 1080p 60FPS.

Guled said:
the beta is so fucking awesome, I just played for like 3 hours but it felt like 10 mins :lol By far the best online game on the ps3, too bad it ends tomorrow :(

I can't believe I haven't played much in the past two weeks. Guess I'll have to jump online tonight for the final hurrah.

roMonster

Y2Kev said:
KZ1 is really long and has some impressive things about it. The same things people look at KZ2 and go "wow" about started with KZ1-- incredible attention to detail, animation, visual design, etc-- but it was hampered by framerate and the camera stuff made me nauseous.

Yea, I remember there were even KZ1 gifs that floated around.

The similarities are amazing.

CHRP718

Banned
Hazaro said:

I need to grab a save.
You could unlock all the levels by starting a new game and profile name Shooterman

J-Rzez

Mrbob said:
Damn is killzone really that bad? :lol

I guess I won't pick it up then!

The first one was horrible. It's gameplay was mediocre at best, and not worth picking up even if it's to become acquainted with the KZ universe. Just read up on it. Or if you want to see the incredible night-and-day difference this game turned from the first to the second. It's unbelievable how far the feel and controls came, just from playing the 1st and now the beta.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
CHRP718 said:
You could unlock all the levels by starting a new game and profile name Shooterman

Nifty, I grabbed a full EU save anyway, but I'll do that first.

I wouldn't sway everyone from playing it, I certainly liked it when I played it back when.

Now instead of enjoying the gameplay I can take in everything else and have my mind boggled at the crummy framerate :lol

Schrade

This thread needs some more GIFs:

14l7e2o.gif

Sev saying "Aw Shit!":
2nbrmol.gif

I figured that one could be used for something in other threads.

DoomGyver

Schrade said:
This thread needs some more GIFs:

Sev saying "Aw Shit!":
2nbrmol.gif

I figured that one could be used for something in other threads.

edit: also, this gif would make a great "DO NOT WANT" gif, cause you can't really tell he's saying "ahhh shit"

You should make a gif about 10 seconds after this, it would be a great bailout.gif

Foil

If there's no snow in the single player I really hope GG offer a winter themed multiplayer map. Complete with arctic gear for the Helghast and ISA. Maybe it's just the fact it's snowing here right now, but I want to see this engine pull off a blizzard and volumetric snow.

Y2Kev

^^ That IS awesome! There are so many animations in this game.

what i meant is the AI is bad and those are boring enemies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom