• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

KZObsessed

You likey?

KillzoneGamereactr.jpg

Killzone2Gamereactor2.jpg

Killzone2Gamereactor3.jpg

Killzone2Gamereactor6.jpg

Killzone2Gamereactor7.jpg

Killzone2Gamereactor5.jpg

Killzone2Gamereactor4.jpg

More PICS, I been playing COD WAW and I can't believe I'll be playing this game in 2 months. looks like a generation ahead.

I forgot how good looking this game was.

fps fanatic said:
This is kind of a stupid article/piece. It's from Gamedaily and it's called reviews from the future: http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/g...from-the-future/?icid=aimDBDL3_link1-a&page=4 Their final verdict on an unfinished Killzone 2 product? 8/10.

:lol I thought the also ran an e3 one last year that said Killzone 2 would be a 6/10. The concept of the article itself is a bit silly.

Its fun watching sites slowly having to undo their criticism of the game, they realize it is not a 5/6 game anymore (not that it ever looked that way once we saw gameplay IMO) and they want it to make sense when they give the game a 8-10 in February.

Karma.

I go to Gamestop to preorder Killzone 2.

Behind the register is a big Killzone 2 poster and lots of those empty coming soon cases with Killzone 2 written on them. I tell the guy I want to pre-order Killzone 2 and he looks up at me and asks "Which system is that for 360 or the Wii?" I sort of half way laugh and grin and he is still staring at me waiting for an answer with this serious look on his face. So I'm like "um.. PS3" I pay for the stuff "Have a nice night" and walk out the door only to hear some guy ask the clerk "Do you guys have any Wii Fits?"

I just wanted to cook a grenade and toss it behind my back and pray one of them says "Scatta... Grenade".

Darkpen

Banned
MidgarBlowedUp said:

Behind the register is a big Killzone 2 poster and lots of those empty coming soon cases with Killzone 2 written on them. I tell the guy I want to pre-order Killzone 2 and he looks up at me and asks "Which system is that for 360 or the Wii?" I sort of half way laugh and grin and he is still staring at me waiting for an answer with this serious look on his face. So I'm like "um.. PS3" I pay for the stuff "Have a nice night" and walk out the door only to hear some guy ask the clerk "Do you guys have any Wii Fits?"

I just wanted to cook a grenade and toss it behind my back and pray one of them says "Scatta... Grenade".
facepalm.jpg

*sigh*

Well, I'm not terribly surprised, seeing as how your average gamestop employee is a 360 fanboy, or not terribly savvy to begin with.

I love how we always get a lurker or two that comes in this topic to say something like this:

Pimpbaa said:
This game looks good, but it looks so generic. Are people forgetting Killzone 1?

Can you tell me what exactly looks generic about it?

The artstyle is unmatched.

What does KZ1's quality have to do with KZ2?

Rikyfree

MidgarBlowedUp said:

At that point, when leaving, I would have said, "I can do your job better than you, have a happy uninformed life."
This game looks good, but it looks so generic. Are people forgetting Killzone 1?

That's cute. Now would you kindly GTFO? Thanks, kiddo.

Pimpbaa

kenta said:
Are you forgetting Killzone Liberation? Or the KZ2 beta?

How can I forget something I never played? I've only payed KZ1. And it was also hyped way too much. I think people are setting themselves up for a disappointment.

Pimpbaa said:
How can I forget something I never played? I've only payed KZ1. And it was also hyped way too much. I think people are setting themselves up for a disappointment.

Yeah....setting myself up for disappointment of a phenomenal game I've already played.

Nice try, bud.

Pimpbaa

Private Hoffman said:
Yeah....setting myself up for disappointment of a phenomenal game I've already played.

Nice try, bud.

Nice try? What am I trying to do? If i buy this game and it sucks like the first game, i'm gonna hunt all you hypers down!

Pimpbaa said:
Nice try? What am I trying to do? If i buy this game and it sucks like the first game, i'm gonna hunt all you hypers down!

I never played the first Killzone.

But, KZ2 is the best multiplayer shooter this gen...by a long shot. I don't care if it doesn't live up to your expectations as being the best shooter you've played, but it certainly will be of MUCH higher quality than the original KZ apparently is.

Private Hoffman said:
I never played the first Killzone.

But, KZ2 is the best multiplayer shooter this gen...by a long shot. I don't care if it doesn't live up to your expectations as being the best shooter you've played, but it certainly will be of MUCH higher quality than the original KZ apparently is.
I got to play the Beta as well and I think u might be overhyping it a bit. While the multiplayer is absolutely amazing and the game is leagues beyond the original KZ, it's not really that far ahead of other recent shooters like Resistance 2 and COD.

DevilWillcry said:
I got to play the Beta as well and I think u might be overhyping it a bit. While the multiplayer is absolutely amazing and the game is leagues beyond the original KZ, it's not really that far ahead of other recent shooters like Resistance 2 and COD.

I can't take you seriously with the inclusion of Resistance 2. That game has horrible competitive online play.

CoD's mp is good, but there's not enough depth. The class system in KZ2 provides the depth that is desperately needed in CoD.

rexor0717

Private Hoffman said:
I can't take you seriously with the inclusion of Resistance 2. That game has horrible competitive online play.

CoD's mp is good, but there's not enough depth. The class system in KZ2 provides the depth that is desperately needed in CoD.
Resistance 2 competitive=horrible?
What game have you been playing?

Private Hoffman said:

I mentioned Resistance 2 because it mops the floor with every other game on the market in terms of net code.

DevilWillcry said:
I mentioned Resistance 2 because it mops the floor with every other game on the market in terms of net code.

well, netcode doesn't automatically make a game fun to play. it's definitely awesome, but that's about the only redeeming quality I can think of for R2's competitive mode.

horrible map designs, boring gameplay modes, chaotic matches, bad gunplay....list goes on.

Private Hoffman said:
well, netcode doesn't automatically make a game fun to play. it's definitely awesome, but that's about the only redeeming quality I can think of for R2's competitive mode.

horrible map designs, boring gameplay modes, chaotic matches, bad gunplay....list goes on.
I'm trying to figure out if you played the same R2 as me.

rexor0717

Private Hoffman said:
Oh wow. The map design is pretty good. I wouldn't say great, but each map has so big, and the different areas in each map has a lot of variety.
And bad gunplay? The weapons work so well in this game. Each one is so unique, how can you say that its bad. Go from playing with the auger to playing with the bullseye, and you have to totally change up your tactics.
Oh wait, this thread is about Killzone 2.

rexor0717 said:
Oh wow. The map design is pretty good. I wouldn't say great, but each map has so big, and the different areas in each map has a lot of variety.
And bad gunplay? The weapons work so well in this game. Each one is so unique, how can you say that its bad. Go from playing with the auger to playing with the bullseye, and you have to totally change up your tactics.

Map design is basically one gigantic plot of land with tons of random crap thrown about. It is very poor map design. KZ2, in comparison, has easily memorizable maps with choke points based upon the different gameplay scenarios. It also features excellent verticality and the ability to run/jump over obstacles you would expect to be able to run or jump over.

The gunplay is poor. The weapons aren't balanced right. They don't feel right. And they certainly don't look or animate properly.

rexor0717

Private Hoffman said:
Map design is basically one gigantic plot of land with tons of random crap thrown about. It is very poor map design. KZ2, in comparison, has easily memorizable maps with choke points based upon the different gameplay scenarios. It also features excellent verticality and the ability to run/jump over obstacles you would expect to be able to run or jump over.

The gunplay is poor. The weapons aren't balanced right. They don't feel right. And they certainly don't look or animate properly.
Oh what, you cant lead shots with the auger? You can't tag with the bullseye? There are no power weapons in R2. For a system where you can spawn with any weapon, that is perfect balance.

Shurs

I agree with Private Hoffman, to a point. I own Resistance 2 and was a part of the Killzone 2 beta. After playing Killzone 2's competitive multiplayer it is kind of hard for me to go back to Resistance 2's competitive multiplayer.

kenta

Has no PEINS
Pimpbaa said:
That was the kind of response I expected, honestly. Liberation was amazing (N'Gai said it best when he called it an isometric Gears of War), and the KZ2 beta was outstanding. I didn't like KZ1 at all for what it's worth

nib95

Banned
kenta said:
That was the kind of response I expected, honestly. Liberation was amazing (N'Gai said it best when he called it an isometric Gears of War), and the KZ2 beta was outstanding. I didn't like KZ1 at all for what it's worth

Same here. I didn't particularly enjoy Killzone 1, but couldn't get enough of the BETA and loved Liberation.

SSM25

eastside49er said:
Hopefully this game leaves up to the hype that the fanboys are spewing.

Knowing how GAF behaves as of late, If you don't trust the "fanboys" with their perspective of the game, you can't trust the inevitable flood of haters who never have touched a PS3 controller.

kenta

Has no PEINS
eastside49er said:
Hopefully this game leaves up to the hype that the fanboys are spewing.
Crystal ball says: Don't worry you'll be able to find fuel to support your preconceived notion when the reviews come in, you can relax

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom