• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

icechai

DevilWillcry said:
I got to play the Beta as well and I think u might be overhyping it a bit. While the multiplayer is absolutely amazing and the game is leagues beyond the original KZ, it's not really that far ahead of other recent shooters like Resistance 2 and COD.

Don't know, it certainly feels quite ahead of the curve compared to other shooters out right now. Part of it is the mixing/matching of the class and secondary abilities, part of it is environmental destruction + depth of field + gfx, and part of it is just the feel of moving about, peppering a guy with bullets and hearing that beep. I haven't been so satisfied in a multiplayer game since CS. I'm trying to keep my hype meter down too but its just so hard to with this game, also the beta was awesome in that there was always a few gaffers playing (only LBP can match the number of people on my friend list in a game) :)

Jaroof

eastside49er said:
Nope. Gears of War 2, Resistance 2, Left 4 Dead, etc all got a lot of hype and I'm enjoying them.

Well people in here have played the beta of Killzone 2 and stated their opinion, and you immediately call them fanboys? How is that any different?

Jaroof said:
Well people in here have played the beta of Killzone 2 and stated their opinion, and you immediately call them fanboys? How is that any different?

I didn't name names.

I also didn't say anything bad about the game, yet some in here are coming to their own conclusion of what I meant.

Think on it for a while. :D

rexor0717 said:
Oh what, you cant lead shots with the auger? You can't tag with the bullseye? There are no power weapons in R2. For a system where you can spawn with any weapon, that is perfect balance.

we understand that you love r2.. but most people don't. I play it fairly often, and I can't really put a finger on what I like about it... but I do find myself nodding my head to all of hoffman's grievances with it.

Jaroof

eastside49er said:
I didn't name names.

I also didn't say anything bad about the game, yet some in here are coming to their own conclusion of what I meant.

Thought about it. And I knew what you meant. The problem that I found was that you came in here calling people fanboys, period. Guess I'm just tired of people throwing that word around.

Esch

Banned
eastside49er said:
I didn't name names.

What you "meant" was a thinly veiled insult at the frequent posters of this thread. What the fuck kind of response were you expecting?

ChryZ

Pimpbaa said:
This game looks good, but it looks so generic. Are people forgetting Killzone 1?
35hpvkg.gif

Jaroof said:
Thought about it. And I knew what you meant. The problem that I found was that you came in here calling people fanboys, period. Guess I'm just tired of people throwing that word around.

Well the people who respond in a hateful way weed themselves out as the fanboys I was talking about. ;-)

Not saying you are one of them by the way.

Thrakier

Private Hoffman said:
I can't take you seriously with the inclusion of Resistance 2. That game has horrible competitive online play.

No, it's not horrible, it's fun. Even if it's not fun to you, calling it "horrible" is hyperbole. Do you apply the same hyperbole to the KZ2 Beta?

I'm really looking forward to KZ2 and I think it's great, but all this trash talking about R2 really is annoying at this point.

Jaroof

Thrakier said:
No, it's not horrible, it's fun. Even if it's not fun to you, calling it "horrible" is hyperbole. Do you apply the same hyperbole to the KZ2 Beta?

I'm really looking forward to KZ2 and I think it's great, but all this trash talking about R2 really is annoying at this point.

It was annoying from the beginning -_-

icechai said:
Don't know, it certainly feels quite ahead of the curve compared to other shooters out right now. Part of it is the mixing/matching of the class and secondary abilities, part of it is environmental destruction + depth of field + gfx, and part of it is just the feel of moving about, peppering a guy with bullets and hearing that beep. I haven't been so satisfied in a multiplayer game since CS. I'm trying to keep my hype meter down too but its just so hard to with this game, also the beta was awesome in that there was always a few gaffers playing (only LBP can match the number of people on my friend list in a game) :)
This.

Honestly, I think I played the Killzone 2 beta more than R1, R2, and Warhawk combined, and I bought each of those games when they first came out.

Thrakier

makingmusic476 said:
This.

Honestly, I think I played the Killzone 2 beta more than R1, R2, and Warhawk combined, and I bought each of those games when they first came out.

Which says a lot about how much you played R1, R2 and Warhawk. ;)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
eastside49er said:
:lol

Just the reaction was I expecting. Kind of kills your case to be civil, even after I said nothing bad about the game. Typical fanboy garbage.
Not very bright, are we?

---

I've been on a media blackout regarding KZ2, so tell me, is there going to be an open-beta? Or has there already been one and I've missed it? Any word on a single-player demo?

I really would like to get a feel for the game before I buy it. But I guess, in a worst case scenario, that's what renting is for.

Wollan

There was only a closed public beta (30k invited I believe). Nothing remains now but the actual game launch.

My impression from beta: Best playing multiplayer shooter so far this gen. The feel is absolutely spot on.

ChryZ

[random Killzone play through thought]So I met Rico for the first time today. Man, he is bad ass. Luger needs to get laid asap.[/random Killzone play through thought]

Wollan said:
My impression from beta: Best playing multiplayer shooter so far this gen. The feel is absolutely spot on.
Second.

slider

Wollan said:

*Drool*.

Having only just discovered mp shooters this gen (i.e. Warhawk, UT3 and CoD4) I'm really excited.

-viper-

Banned
FFObsessed said:
To fps fanatic:

COD by Infinity Ward will always get scored more leniently. Things like AI issues get nitpicked with KZ2 but given a free pass in COD. I don't care tho, I'll be buying both no matter what. :lol COD4 was awesome imo.

Here have another picture:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb241/FFObsessed/Killzone2Gamereactor2.jpg
It is sad that gaming sites have very little to near zero credibility these days.

Those screenshots are simply phenomenal though. Killzone 2 really does push the graphical boundaries for consoles. Looks better than anything I've seen.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Wollan said:
There was only a closed public beta (30k invited I believe). Nothing remains now but the actual game launch.

Sounds like I'm in for a treat, awesome.

Timbuktu

Wollan said:

I haven't followed the game closely enough, but is it confirmed that there will be no splitscreen or bots in this game? There isn't enough local multiplayer this gen.

Gibb

Rikyfree said:
Man, I need to get a surround sound system for this game. Any recommendations for a cheap system?
Logitech Z-5500.. digital and THX certified 5.1 surround.. I'm even using this in my living room.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Wollan said:

Agreed.

Wholeheartedly.

slider

54 days? Crikey. That's not long at all. I'll stop paying attention again and before I know it the launch will be upon us.

Quick question for those in the beta... how gud are da gfx?? Only kidding. What I want to know is can you quantify how much of an advantage you guys will have over us mere mortals when it comes to launch week/month MP?

Gibb

slider said:
54 days? Crikey. That's not long at all. I'll stop paying attention again and before I know it the launch will be upon us.

Quick question for those in the beta... how gud are da gfx?? Only kidding. What I want to know is can you quantify how much of an advantage you guys will have over us mere mortals when it comes to launch week/month MP?

only significant advantage in the beta maps I guess.. but that won't last.

alba

Little is the new Big
Wollan said:

Yep, same here really enjoyed the beta too, the game was/is so addictive :)

nib95

Banned
Wollan said:

I was apprehensive to admit as much to begin with, but after nearly 3 solid months in the BETA, I can safely concur without knowing it wasn't 'new game' syndrome talking. The MP BETA was indeed the best console fps online experience I've had yet, just managing to edge out COD4. I was having a discussion about it with my cousin yesterday, and it's crazy how diverse and flexible it is to most shooters. What with the skill/badge system that lets you enjoy various different tactics and abilities for the fun of it, and not just because you're trying to up your kd ratio.

In any case, as I've said before...

This is a game that will sort out the proper journalists with true integrity and/or consistency from many of the lackluster one's without. Because of some of the extreme double standards and nit picks the game is being subjected to.

Clinton514

eastside49er said:
Well the people who respond in a hateful way weed themselves out as the fanboys I was talking about. ;-)

Not saying you are one of them by the way.
off topic...but I know I remember you from GS...SW. Suspicious enough.:lol

hulot

Timbuktu said:
I haven't followed the game closely enough, but is it confirmed that there will be no splitscreen or bots in this game? There isn't enough local multiplayer this gen.
I don't believe there is splitscreen but you can play offline with up to 15 bots, whose difficulty can be set.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
nib95 said:
I was apprehensive to admit as much to begin with, but after nearly 3 solid months in the BETA, I can safely concur without knowing it wasn't 'new game' syndrome talking. The MP BETA was indeed the best console fps online experience I've had yet, just managing to edge out COD4. I was having a discussion about it with my cousin yesterday, and it's crazy how diverse and flexible it is to most shooters. What with the skill/badge system that lets you enjoy various different tactics and abilities for the fun of it, and not just because you're trying to up your kd ratio.

In any case, as I've said before...

This is a game that will sort out the proper journalists with true integrity and/or consistency from many of the lackluster one's without. Because of some of the extreme double standards and nit picks the game is being subjected to.
I can't wait for the game, but that paragraph is utter bullshit. You can't be serious.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong. You don't mean if a reviewer doesn't like KZ2 then they are without integrity, right?

Paracelsus

You don't mean if a reviewer doesn't like KZ2 then they are without integrity, right?

He probably means that we will be able to distinguish who's gonna give an unbiased judgement of the game (good or bad does not matter) from who will resort to whatever it takes to take down and belittle the game.

nib95

Banned
Rez>You said:
I can't wait for the game, but that paragraph is utter bullshit. You can't be serious.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong. You don't mean if a reviewer doesn't like KZ2 then they are without integrity, right?

Not at all. I mean in regards to specific complaints. Enemy variety complaints (COD4, Uncharted, Crysis, HL2, BF etc anyone?), complaints without any basis or backing (just feels off), misinformation (the game has no destructible environments or visual set pieces like Gears of War 2), the game has too many explosive barrels (by too many we mean 3 in an entire segment of a level), it's too linear (yea..), has re-spawning (from a COD4 fan), comparisons to an E305 CGI trailer that was never even advertised as gameplay by GG themselves (rather a misinformed PR rep). These, and any number of things that have already and will undoubtedly crop up.

I mean seriously...already...what is this rubbish? Review predictions with as much nonsense.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/g...from-the-future/?icid=aimDBDL3_link1-a&page=4

Kuroyume said:
From the beta I think it's a really good shooter, but it's not the top shooter. I'm eager to play it more.

So what is the top shooter?

I tried going back to other big shooters after playing KZ2 extensively, and I just couldn't. The experience wasn't nearly as fun.

nib95 said:
Not at all. I mean in regards to specific complaints. Enemy variety complaints (COD4, Uncharted, Crysis, HL2, BF etc anyone?), complaints without any basis or backing (just feels off), misinformation (the game has no destructible environments or visual set pieces like Gears of War 2), the game has too many explosive barrels (by too many we mean 3 in an entire segment of a level), it's too linear (yea..), has re-spawning (from a COD4 fan), comparisons to an E305 CGI trailer that was never even advertised as gameplay by GG themselves (rather a misinformed PR rep). These, and any number of things that have already and will undoubtedly crop up.

I mean seriously...already...what is this rubbish? Review predictions with as much nonsense.

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/g...from-the-future/?icid=aimDBDL3_link1-a&page=4

Agreed. Certain parts of the media have tried their hardest to downplay KZ2, and it really shows. When the biggest complaint you have about the game is that the main character lacks an identity (isn't that...kind of the point? you play a normal guy in the army....through his eyes, and his experience), you know they're trying too hard. Many of the minor complaints given against KZ2 could have easily been applied to other shooters in the genre, but those complaints were never brought up previously. The double standard is pretty apparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom