• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

andycapps

badcrumble said:
To be fair, a hidden spawn point constantly spewing out identical, faceless enemies until some unknown line is crossed is a very healthy and realistic way of looking at the War on Terror.

:lol :lol

-xBerserker- said:
Not sure if this has been answered but, will Killzone 2 have Home game launching support?

Seb Downie (QA Manager at GG) has consistently stated that they are supporting Home, but they havent yet revealed how, or to what extent.

Esch

Banned
Are the enemies at least pretty dynamic and good to fight? I don't mind CoD4s scripting but fighting those vanilla soldiers is terrible.

DeZimatoR

Banned
hitoshi said:
Killzone's intro was my all time favourite, I think I've seen it at least a 100 times. But this...oh my god, they topped. Everything. I'm only at 3 hours into the game but...it a new kind of FPS. Sure, scripted as hell like COD4, but the atmosphere, the weapons, and of course, the graphics... can't find words.

2q3aipy.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
hitoshi said:
Killzone's intro was my all time favourite, I think I've seen it at least a 100 times. But this...oh my god, they topped. Everything. I'm only at 3 hours into the game but...it a new kind of FPS. Sure, scripted as hell like COD4, but the atmosphere, the weapons, and of course, the graphics... can't find words.

It could have been a mediocre at the best with all this hype and expectations after the infamous video, but it's really an AAA game. I'm not sure yet that it's classic or anywhere near that, but Sony must have really pulled all the strings to make it happen.

Oh god. Please, define "scripted".

hitoshi

TTP said:
Oh god. Please, define "scripted".

Enemies / reinforcements don't appear until you have reached a certain point (trigger) on the map or killed everyone alive. Everything happens the same way as first time - enemies come from a certain point and so on. But no infinite enemy spawning like COD4. Sorry if I was ambiguous.

iceatcs

hitoshi said:
Enemies / reinforcements don't appear until you have reached a certain point (trigger) on the map or killed everyone alive. Everything happens the same way as first time - enemies come from a certain point and so on. But no infinite enemy spawning like COD4. Sorry if I was ambiguous.
That's understand for seamless section levels.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
hitoshi said:

Not only that. In COD4 enemies would walk into the same positions every time and stick to a scripted behaviour until dead. Not so in Killzone 2. And every fight is different even if you approach it the same way.

What you mention is what happens in the 99% of videogames. Things happens when you reach a certain point. COD4 scripting goes a step further than simply staging a "situation". It directs every actor in it. Not so in Killzone 2.

jjasper

hitoshi said:

Thank god.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
hitoshi said:

God does exist

SSM25

hitoshi said:

It could have been a mediocre at the best with all this hype and expectations after the infamous video, but it's really an AAA game. I'm not sure yet that it's classic or anywhere near that, but Sony must have really pulled all the strings to make it happen.

KZ1 intro is AMAZING!!..I can't imagine how the managed make a better one.

Kittonwy

Banned
TTP said:
Not only that. In COD4 enemies would walk into the same positions every time and stick to a scripted behaviour until dead. Not so in Killzone 2. And every fight is different even if you approach it the same way.

What you mention is what happens in the 99% of videogames. Things happens when you reach a certain point. COD4 scripting goes a step further than simply staging a "situation". It directs every actor in it. Not so in Killzone 2.

So it's more like UNCHARTED!!!111!!!
KlintIndifference.gif
(where enemies enter the level through a set entry point and then the AI takes over) than COD4 (totally cripted + shitty AI) then?
Indifferent2.gif

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Kittonwy said:
KlintIndifference.gif
(where enemies enter the level through a set entry point and then the AI takes over) than COD4 (totally cripted + shitty AI) then?
Indifferent2.gif

Of course.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Kittonwy said:
KlintIndifference.gif
Indifferent2.gif

This is what makes sense, and what I hope K2 is like. I dont see a problem with cues and triggers, after all they have to make it atmospheric and story driven somehow. But COD4 was terrible from that point of view, its like they were on rails, to the point where on some tough levels I learned exactly where to throw a grenade and they would walk right into it...

ChryZ

Kittonwy said:
KlintIndifference.gif
Indifferent2.gif
That's actually how it goes in Killzone(1) too. The AI will seek cover, switch cover, rush you (only Elites), etc

AndyD said:
its like they were on rails, to the point where on some tough levels I learned exactly where to throw a grenade and they would walk right into it...

COD series has always felt that way to me, like a Disney animatronics dark ride.

Here's to hoping KZ2 has good AI.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
hitoshi said:
CGI, but I'm definitely sure that it uses high-poly objects / models directly from the game.
Really? The intro where Sev looks himself in the mirror, etc. is not actually fully realtime but a pre-recorded video? What about other cutscenes in the game?

Kittonwy

Banned
Lord Error said:
Really? The intro where Sev looks himself in the mirror, etc. is not actually fully realtime but a pre-recorded video? What about other cutscenes in the game?

I thought that scene was controllable by the player.
Indifferent2.gif

DrPirate

Banned
Lord Error said:

That's not the intro they're talking about sir.

KZObsessed

The custom soundtracks is just for the multiplayer I believe. Still awesome tho.

Youtube recording isn't included, but I think I remember someone mentioning they might add it later.

No_Style

Assuming that back cover is real and there's no install required... Then why the 52 MB space requirement? That's a big save file, if that's the case.

Definitely, custom music is only for fragging you guys! I always liked the single player music to be what the developers intended it to be, like watching a schindler's list with abba replacing the real music otherwise.

No_Style

I didn't notice any music in any of the KZ2 MP videos. Does it even have any? I'm thinking it'll be similar to COD4's MP music where it just chimes in at quiet moments.

Enojado

lynux3 said:
DLC confirmed. :D

It's been confirmed for a while. One of the devs at the ps forums has been talking about dlc for a bit in the sense that they will talk about their dlc plans later. In the latest ask the dev thread he says he thinks they'll get more specific about dlc around game release.

We'll be releasing more info on the DLC around release of the actual game I think.

He also mentions that they have improved the graphics in MP which, to me, is insane b/c I already think MP looks absolutely sick.

hulot

Lord Error said:
Sev looking at himself in the mirror is definitely realtime, it's right before you take control. The CG is the intro that plays upon bootup.

hitoshi said:
But no infinite enemy spawning like COD4. Sorry if I was ambiguous.
Are you sure about that? Have you completed it? I could have sworn a few levels were like that.

AndyD

aka andydumi
No_Style said:
Assuming that back cover is real and there's no install required... Then why the 52 MB space requirement? That's a big save file, if that's the case.

Trophies also take up a bit of space due to all the images. And they may do a tiny install behind the scenes to keep your stats and whatnot locally so you can see them if you are offline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom