• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_B

How is the loading? Is there loading time between sections of a level, between levels only, or is it all data just streamed very well, like in Uncharted?

KZObsessed

Watching the gameplay intro again on youtube, to me it looks like a later build than the preview code we saw. Perhaps even the review build people have now?

Apart from the obvious fact it has a later level than the preview build at the beginning,
the turret bit on the cruiser
if you watch the second level that plays, when he fires a shotgun at a Helghast instead of that annoying shit ton of smoke that would appear like before, which was so much it completely hid the death animations, there appears to be a very nice looking spray of blood which looks miles better.

Like I said in the thread about purchases, the intro cinema of Killzone 2 is amazing. Graphics are drop dead gorgeous. Cant say anything more about it I think.

Played through the first three levels, just like I did with the preview code. Still a massive rush. It's like you're constantly IN the warzone in this game. Well you are, obviously, but it feels so real.

John_B said:
How is the loading? Is there loading time between sections of a level, between levels only, or is it all data just streamed very well, like in Uncharted?

Loading between every level, about 20/25 seconds I think. Also during the game in corridors, loading. Very short, game stutters a bit when this happens, thats it. Not a big problem imo.

Edit: sorry for the double post

dfyb

Banned
Moz La Punk said:
Also during the game in corridors, loading. Very short, game stutters a bit when this happens, thats it. Not a big problem imo.
they said this wouldn't be in the final build -- is it in review builds? i don't think it's a big deal (HL2 is still a top tier game, too) -- just curious.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
Moz La Punk said:
Loading between every level, about 20/25 seconds I think. Also during the game in corridors, loading. Very short, game stutters a bit when this happens, thats it. Not a big problem imo.

Uh, thats a lotta secondz.

Still I prefer it this way than having to install the fucking game, I hate that.

dfyb said:
they said this wouldn't be in the final build -- is it in review builds? i don't think it's a big deal (HL2 is still a top tier game, too) -- just curious.

It doesnt say anything about this in the known issues fact sheet, although there are some other niggles that are in the sheet, so I'm ignoring those. I'm gonna shut up now, don't think I can tell you anything else but I guess everything I said applies to the preview copy as well.

Just know it's a great experience, I don't think most people will be dissapointed.

Nizz

Moz La Punk said:

I doubt you'd probably be able to answer, but do the controls feel different in any way from the beta? I remember David Ellis saying about the preview build that the controls felt a little different from the beta. Do they feel a bit different? If you can't answer, no big deal. I can't wait till February. You guys aren't making it any easier! :lol

SSM25

F#A#Oo said:
This game doesn't support 1080p...WTF...

What's the difference between this game on all others in my catalog that don't support 1080p?, let say uncharted or fifa 09?. I have a 60" 1080p and I want to get the maximum possible experience from this beauty.

Kittonwy

Banned
Byakuya769 said:
is that really true? MATCHMAKING/LOBBIES!!!!!! Kittonwy, give me a rawr.

WTF, CUSTOM SOUNDTRACK!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only if I git to ride teh roomba. But why even use custom soundtrack? Music is gonna be amazin.
Indifferent2.gif

DeZimatoR

Banned
Guled said:
The beta starts next month right?

eh? o_O

The Beta has come and gone man...if you mean the demo, it'll be out in early February apparently (at least for the people who pre-order the game in Gamestop).

Kittonwy said:
Only if I git to ride teh roomba. But why even use custom soundtrack? Music is gonna be amazin.
Indifferent2.gif

Dude, so I can play multiplayer while listening to Imogen's "Hide and Seek". (SNL dear sister song)

WinFonda

Moz La Punk said:

The in-level loading was confirmed to be ironed out for the final release, right?

Donos

Kittonwy said:

I see Kitton is back in full force. I feel save now around here :)

But its a little bit like Tag-Team off my favourite posters. One gets unbanned and another goes behind the ropes (wooolllaaaan)

Back to topic.

Sony needs some really nice killzone2 stuff for home when it releases (besides the two dresses). Game launching, new trailers, a kicking homespace etc.

If Sony fails to market this game really heavy ...

They have to put Helgast everywhere (like the huge resistance2 building ad). Shit , even if they sell MrFuckingConvoy Energy Juice.

DO SOMETHING.

Guled

DeZimatoR said:
eh? o_O

The Beta has come and gone man...if you mean the demo, it'll be out in early February apparently (at least for the people who pre-order the game in Gamestop).
Ya I meant demo, sorry, really tired now :lol thanks

KZObsessed

Donos said:
I see Kitton is back in full force. I feel save now around here :)

But its a little bit like Tag-Team off my favourite posters. One gets unbanned and another goes behind the ropes (wooolllaaaan)

Back to topic.

Sony needs some really nice killzone2 stuff for home when it releases (besides the two dresses). Game launching, new trailers, a kicking homespace etc.

If Sony fails to market this game really heavy ...

They have to put Helgast everywhere (like the huge resistance2 building ad). Shit , even if they sell MrFuckingConvoy Energy Juice.

DO SOMETHING.

I'd definitely drink MrFuckingConvoy's energy juice.

DeZimatoR

Banned
Rikyfree said:
Yup, public demo after the game's release.

Really? That's disappointing...

I was hoping to get a feel for the controls a week or two before the game came out with the demo, but I guess I'll have to wait for the 25th :(

Oh Killzone, how you make me suffer! :lol

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
You ever think about how the demo may be sharable? If you put in my promo code it will likely show up on your "Download" list. Maybe.

Unless Sony doesn't want that and wants as many people to pre-order as possible. Smart move on them if they lock it to codes though.

No_Style

WinFonda said:
The in-level loading was confirmed to be ironed out for the final release, right?

We were assured this. Hopefully it is true. Just give me the option to install if you can't iron out all the loading kinks, GG.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
An intial load of 20 seconds doesn't phase me at all. It it won't affect the game overall either.

Same with the in-game loading, bigwhoop, you have an occasional stutter as you run down a hallway.

Some people are so spoilt/anal.

F#A#Oo

Banned
SSM25 said:
What's the difference between this game on all others in my catalog that don't support 1080p?, let say uncharted or fifa 09?. I have a 60" 1080p and I want to get the maximum possible experience from this beauty.

First of all...this game has been in development for how long? At the very least 4 years. This was the game that was used to promote the PS3 visual potency initially and was the promised standard for visuals brilliance. It's be hyped to high heaven. I expect 1080p at this point. I'm sorry. This isn't just another PS3 game like Fifa. This is a title that has had substancial support from Sony and a long development cycle. To not support 1080p at this point is cutting corners and is not delivering on the promise and hype.

F#A#Oo said:
First of all...this game has been in development for how long? At the very least 4 years. This was the game that was used to promote the PS3 visual potency initially and was the promised standard for visuals brilliance. It's be hyped to high heaven. I expect 1080p at this point. I'm sorry. This isn't just another PS3 game like Fifa. This is a title that has had substancial support from Sony and a long development cycle. To not support 1080p at this point is cutting corners and is not delivering on the promise and hype.
:lol

not 1080p = crap

game will look worse than killzone 1, mark my words.
failed to deliver on the hype, not the greatest looking console game ever.

obvious

Kaako

Felium Defensor
F#A#Oo said:
Why the fuck are you even in this thread? :lol :lol

Esch

Banned
F#A#Oo said:

1080p support isn't necessarily something that's doable with a game like KZ.

F#A#Oo said:

We got our first meltdown.

F#A#Oo

Banned
TTP said:
Wasn't it confirmed it does support 1080p on the official PlayStation boards?

I hope so...:)

badcrumble said:

:lol

kazuma_pt said:
not 1080p = crap

obvious

No. But after so much promise and hype I'm sure people come to expect things. I expect 1080p so I can see KZ in the best resolution that Sony has been pushing and supporting for their bluray format. :)

EschatonDX said:
1080p support isn't necessarily something that's doable with a game like KZ.

Nonsense. :D

dfyb

Banned
F#A#Oo said:
so where you in the halo 3 threads going on about how it's not even 720p?

SSM25

I'll ask again: I have a very very big catalog of PS3 games, and I haven't had any issues regarding resolutions or bad graphics. I have a 60" 1080p TV, am I going to have issues with the game?.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom