• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintylurb

BeeDog said:
Thank you Doc, you are allowed to touch my meat whenever you want.
3.gif

BeeDog said:
Goddamn, this thread. :lol

All I can say is; poor fucking Killzone 2. IF the game turns out to have some glaring flaws, overhyping fanboys will neglect them, and the trolls will be all over them. And the game's true merits (whatever those might be) will be overlooked in the eternal battle between fanboiz.
I'm actually looking forward to Killzone 2, despite what is said about the quality of the first game (which I have never played). Everything I've seen about the game looks pretty solid.

DeZimatoR

Banned
Bugnology said:
The only thing that was nuked from orbit were your beloved websites, good riddance egm+1up :lol

Ohhhh...ice cold man, that was ice cold.

BeeDog said:
Thank you Doc, you are allowed to touch my meat whenever you want.

That's it, close this shit now, its gone waaaaay over the limit :lol

AndyD

aka andydumi
hulot said:
Please please don't compare a war journalist out on the field, even a terrible one, with bloggers and hobbyists typing away a livelihood about toys.

Edit: You'll also need to be more specific with 'media'. Fox is not news.

This is about inferior media at home, not war journalists. Not big papers, but smaller outlets, local papers and things. Also bloggers and such. Religious papers that are fed party lines and they reiterate them blindly, that type of stuff. I dont want to name any as they may cause more debate.

Dax01 said:
I'm actually looking forward to Killzone 2, despite the quality of the first game (which I have never played). Everything I've seen about the game looks pretty solid.

this. from what i've seen, it's allready a must buy. what ever the score.

Forsete

BeeDog said:

All I can say is; poor fucking Killzone 2. IF the game turns out to have some glaring flaws, overhyping fanboys will neglect them, and the trolls will be all over them. And the game's true merits (whatever those might be) will be overlooked in the eternal battle between fanboiz.

Thats gonna happen even if the game is perfect. Those who want to find faults will find faults.
"Oh too bad, I cant enjoy it now *fake sad*"

AndyD

aka andydumi
Forsete said:
Thats gonna happen even if the game is perfect. Those who want to find faults will find faults.
"Oh too bad, I cant enjoy it now *fake sad*"

Coop is going to be the excuse with that one. Hands down right now, there will be at least a dozen people in the official thread with that excuse.

AndyD said:
Coop is going to be the excuse with that one. Hands down right now, there will be at least a dozen people in the official thread with that excuse.

Well i will say it now i am very disappointed there is no co-op. Co-op is very important to me in shooters and without it i know i wouldn't of enjoyed gears or halo nearly as much.

Having said that i'm still hyped for killzone 2. I really like the atmosphere (from what i've seen) of killzone 2 so i may really enjoy going through it by myself.

As someone who played in the beta test, and loved it, and am loving what I'm seeing from the single-player so far, I just don't understand how anyone can hate on this game. It's well worth getting excited about.

Don't we not want to be wowed anymore? Or is the fact that a game might be on another system other than one they own just too much for some people?

If this applies to you, you aren't a real gamer, you are a cult member. Get over it. Either buy the console you don't have, or shut the hell up and stick to enjoying the console you do have. Stop trying desperately to derail people's legit excitement, stop nitpicking shit to death (like the people in the PS3 vs. 360 thread,) and get a life.

And for the so-called "media" who are exposing their own really silly fanboy agendas, (gamesradar, ect) well, you won't be long for the world. It seems like there's an awful lot of good journalists and reviewers out there who are now looking for work, and those guys won't embarrass the media outlet they work for. You lame hacks are are replaceable by much better, more qualified people, and if your editors aren't idiots, they'll soon realize that fact.

Bugnology said:
This thread is about KILLZONE2, the game that makes people like you post one time ":lol :lol :lol" then disappear.

Riiiight the game and not the absolutely bat-crap insanely ridiculous posts littered throuought the thread.

Its funny, every preview I've read and podcast discussion I've heard points to Killzone 2 being a genuinely good shooter, but definitely (so glaringly) not what 80 percent of the insane KDF in this thread wants it to be.

If/when this game doesn't score what you want it to score, do the Guerilla devs who read this forum a serious favor and don't blame the ones reviewing it.

abacab driver said:
Riiiight the game and not the absolutely bat-crap insanely ridiculous posts littered throuought the thread.

Its funny, every preview I've read and podcast discussion I've heard points to Killzone 2 being a genuinely good shooter, but definitely (so glaringly) not what 80 percent of the insane KDF in this thread wants it to be.

If/when this game doesn't score what you want it to score, do the Guerilla devs who read this forum a serious favor and don't blame the ones reviewing it.

Where did you purchase your crystal ball?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ypo said:
oh shit more views than the official MGS4 thread. :lol
That's ridiculous

Quixzlizx

Bugnology said:
The only thing that was nuked from orbit were your beloved websites, good riddance egm+1up :lol

I can't tell whether you are a lunatic or an incredible troll, but :lol :lol :lol at that one.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
BeeDog said:
For better or for worse, this kind of dedicated following behind Halo is what helped kickstart Microsoft's success in this market. However...

RiverBed said:
marketing. and lots of it.
think about it; who the hell hasn't heard about either Halo 3 or Gears 2? now think about how many games you know that still haven't the slightest clue what KZ2 is or if they even heard of the term before.

KZ2 is 5 weeks away from launching and we STILL don't have a any, let alone BIG, marketing for it. what, are Sony completely relying on reviews to sell the game? wow.
As it's been usual for a long while SCE doesn't know what it has or how to maximize it's worth. It's not that they don't advertise, it's how they do it. I remember clearly how they mismanaged even first God of War. A game of such caliber, quality and appeal, sold much lower than you'd think for the amount of userbase PS2 had, and even didn't have that much visibility outside of core PS2 owners.

Insane Metal

Gold Member
abacab driver said:

I would agree with you man. Really. But you just CAN'T do that when the media does things like the articles GamesRadar has made about the game, like "review from the future", "too gamey", "why last years' shooters are better than Killzone 2", and many others. Many other sites are doing that too. The guy from 1UP said he didn't like the controls in Killzone 2 because it wasn't like in COD4. OH man, come on.

[Nintex]

Insane Metal said:
I would agree with you man. Really. But you just CAN'T do that when the media does things like the articles GamesRadar has made about the game, like "review from the future", "too gamey", "why last years' shooters are better than Killzone 2", and many others. Many other sites are doing that too. The guy from 1UP said he didn't like the controls in Killzone 2 because it wasn't like in COD4. OH man, come on.
GamesRadar is considered Media now?

WTFing

Banned
abacab driver said:

It seems that the difference between you and me is that you care about websites reviews. They are useless, I don't read or click on these sites, their reviews can be good or bad, I don't care. I play the games, and I am the only one who can give an opinion about a game I tried. There's no 2/5, 8.8/10 or 10/10, there's just "I like it and spend some time with the game" or "I don't like it and don't play it". 80% you said LOL, who are they to give notes to video games? I already said that I hope KZ2 will get 20% or 2/10 from the sites you check.

I am not in any DF (like you call it), if/when there's a problem with KZ2 MP, I'll be here in this thread or the official one to say that there is a problem. I already stated my 'fears' about the MP in this very thread.

FirewalkR

Private Hoffman said:
Yes, by metacritic and gamerankings.

They're gonna give KZ2 a low score just to spite the gaf kz2 community. And it's your fault Hoffman, it's all your fault. Couldn't you be quiet and not search their previous articles? Well, couldn't you??

FirewalkR said:
They're gonna give KZ2 a low score just to spite the gaf kz2 community. And it's your fault Hoffman, it's all your fault. Couldn't you be quiet and not search their previous articles? Well, couldn't you??
You're a Redcoat aren't you? :lol

Hoffman is a patriot.

I want this avatar!!

Damn, moving sucks. I wont have internet for another week and a half, wont be able to post much but at least Ill have a connection by the time this game comes out.

FirewalkR said:

Private Hoffman
Single-handely responsible for GamesRadar's 8.0 score of Killzone 2
(Today, 02:29 AM)

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
BeeDog said:

this much is true, and it is sad.

FirewalkR

Private Hoffman said:
Private Hoffman

You HOPE it's gonna get an 8.0. You have no idea what new lows deranged internet gaming journalists will go to.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
FirewalkR said:

Private Hoffman said:
Private Hoffman
does not compute

;)

mintylurb said:
My, how quickly people forget that not long ago rez was the one trying to rile up people in this thread.
Hey, hey.

Slow down there. I detest that, guy.

Doc Evils

Ballistictiger said:
Being negative just for hits low right.

I already expect Gameyrader to do that to KZ2.

A mature professional journlist would brush aside what happened in a forum and learn from their mistakes.

If gamesradar does rate it low on purpose then they are a bunch of moronic twats.

FirewalkR

Rez>You said:
does not compute

;)

Indeed it does not compute mate, the anger at GamesRadar's office is palpable. Hoffman's poster-size avatar pic is almost unrecognizable from all the darts. An 8.0 is wishful thinking at this point.

I know what you meant. ;)

-Rogue5-

DieH@rd said:
Liberation is not hard. And play it in coop if you can.

Whoa? How can you play in Coop? Is it local or infrastructure? If local only - does it work with kai like monster hunter?

Bugnology said:
I'm on the fence of ordering an US KILLZONE1 PS2 copy since I don't own a PSP. I'm sick of waiting for KILLZONE2.
I hope we will see an early release à la Uncharted.

Killzone 1 is underrated; story-wise it's as good as the average shooter, but the game's environments evolve quite well throughout -- really gritty and the palette changes often enough to keep it fresh... plus the different characteristics of each lead character are a cool change up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom