• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - input lag now? if you want a reskinned COD4, go play WaW

Status
Not open for further replies.

JardeL

2cftp1l.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
FirewalkR said:
That's the point of all this cheap reverse psychology, mate! :lol
I hope Games Radar give this game a 5.

Not because I want the game to be shitty (I want the game to be a 9-10), but because I love watching people who rest all their hopes on Metacritic squirm.

I'm probably a bad person like that. =p

Guled

Ballistictiger said:
A Helghast campaign game would be awesome.
I would love to play as the "Bad" guy for one and win.

Bad guys never win that's sad.
looking at the history of the site, it seems like the Helghast are not the bad guys at all, I just hope GG dose a game in the role of the Helghast since they are way cooler then the ISA

You know, I don't want to play as the Helghast for one reason only: killing helghasts would be more fun than killing the ISA.

It's the same reason why I mostly chose the ISA side in beta (but also because of balancing issues that have since been resolved thanks to the HG's red eyes)

Guled said:
looking at the history of the site, it seems like the Helghast are not the bad guys at all, I just hope GG dose a game in the role of the Helghast since they are way cooler then the ISA
Yeah.

I've read most of the stuff there and I find all of them as bad.
Helghast are way cooler and are not boy scouts like the ISA :lol

lupinko

Update:

The Official Halo 3 Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
GhaleonEB
Today 04:55 PM
by KevinRo Go to last post
82,514 2,655,672

Official bitching about Virtual Console and WiiWare and where is Bloodlines thread. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
Kobun Heat
01-12-2009 01:09 PM
by cartman414 Go to last post
27,356 1,499,887

KILLZONE 2 - Nov/Dec Media Blowout ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
Wollan
Today 05:04 PM
by Ballistictiger Go to last post
17,610 1,461,743

The wii thread is next to be KILLZOWNED!!! :lol :lol

Guled

Private Hoffman said:
You know, I don't want to play as the Helghast for one reason only: killing helghasts would be more fun than killing the ISA.

It's the same reason why I mostly chose the ISA side in beta (but also because of balancing issues that have since been resolved thanks to the HG's red eyes)
how is it funner to kill, the bodies have the same physics and everything?

Arnie

Private Hoffman said:

How have GG fixed the Helghast balancing issue?

SSM25

FirewalkR said:
Indeed it does not compute mate, the anger at GamesRadar's office is palpable. Hoffman's poster-size avatar pic is almost unrecognizable from all the darts. An 8.0 is wishful thinking at this point.

I know what you meant. ;)

dude, where's your avatar from?

Oh and I agree. they admit that hey hate the ps3m, a 5.0 or less seems likely.

Guled said:
how is it funner to kill, the bodies have the same physics and everything?

Well, the fun could come because you can kill them more often because they stick out due to those red lights. Anytime I see anything red moving I start firing in that direction.

Private Hoffman said:
They're just more interesting to look at. They're menacing...They're evil looking.

Killing the good guys just isn't the same.
Just think of them as the bad guys or drop your humanity.

I'll drop my humanity the moment as I see ISAs flying towards the sky by a projectile.

Az

Just picked up my demo code. I preordered online so I'll get another one in my email on the 2nd. GAF can have.

WTFing

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
They're just more interesting to look at. They're menacing...They're evil looking.

Killing the good guys just isn't the same.
I'll be your worst enemy. I'll not play any single MP game as an ISA if it's possible. (I know you are talking about SP campaign guys).

AndyD

aka andydumi
FirewalkR said:
You HOPE it's gonna get an 8.0. You have no idea what new lows deranged internet gaming journalists will go to.

I thought we already calculated it:

KZ2 is too gamey -1.0
KZ2 de-boners people -1.0
KZ2 is PS3 only -1.5

So the max score is 6.5. Anything above and the reviewer must be nuts.

Did I miss any demerits?

Private Hoffman said:
Check out this video:

http://www.gamekings.tv/index/videos/minidocu-killzone-2-special-part-3/

At around 12:30, you will notice they show off some new multiplayer map. But you also get a glimpse of the ISA. They now have glowing blue decals to match the Helghast's red eyes.

Yepz part of their rebalance. Higg goggles will fade after a distance and the ISA'a beacons (I like to thimk of them as futuristic dogtag thingys) are more pronounced.

mr_nothin said:
They also make the lights fade as players get further away.

That's somewhat disappointing. I'll have to see how it's implemented, but I liked being able to take people out from a far distance by seeing their glowing red eyes

Okay, I've looked at most of the single player videos from the OP.

I like what I see. The only thing is that in the Nail Gun video available at JeuxVideo, when the character goes to turn the wheel towards the very end, the hands move like they belonged to a robot.

BeeDog

Dax01 said:
Okay, I've looked at most of the single player videos from the OP.

I like what I see. The only thing is that in the Nail Gun video available at JeuxVideo, when the character goes to turn the wheel towards the very end, the hands move like they belonged to a robot.

It's a shame they didn't fix the animations for those sequences, it indeed looks stupid. I guess it's a sideeffect of trying to map the SixAxis movement to the hands directly, probably can't make it animate so well when it should mimick your own movements.

BeeDog said:
It's a shame they didn't fix the animations for those sequences, it indeed looks stupid. I guess it's a sideeffect of trying to map the SixAxis movement to the hands directly, probably can't make it animate so well when it should mimick your own movements.
Turning the wheel was being controlled using the SixAxis motion controls?

Wow.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I like it when games use the Sixaxis or Wiimote in minimalist ways like KZ2 appears to be doing.

RiverBed

Banned
when the official KZ2 thread start, will this one be merged with it or will they start a new?
it'll be a waste if it is the latter. lol

mr_nothin

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
That's somewhat disappointing. I'll have to see how it's implemented, but I liked being able to take people out from a far distance by seeing their glowing red eyes
Then there would be way too much "long distance fighting".
People will hang back and wait for the lights to show up.

I think it had to be done.

mr_nothin said:
Then there would be way too much "long distance fighting".
People will hang back and wait for the lights to show up.

I think it had to be done.

That never really happened in the beta. Unless you have a sniper rifle you really don't have much of a shot to hit someone from a really long distance. I managed to do it once with the standard rifle but I even know that was luck. But getting that headshot was still awesome. :)

test_account

XP-39C²
Dax01 said:
Turning the wheel was being controlled using the SixAxis motion controls?

Wow.
Yep, you also use the SixAxis when you set up some wall-mines/explosives (or what it is) :) Those animations doesnt look too good as you say, at least not compared to the rest of the animations in the game, i agree. I am not sure how many times you must do these things through out the game though, but if i should guess it is not that often :)

EDIT: There is also SixAxis usage for the sniper rifle. The more steady you hold the PS3 controller, the more steady your aim will be. I think that is how it works at least :)

AndyD

aka andydumi
Private Hoffman said:

If you see the video, he uses a sniper rifle and the blue tags are still very visible. Maybe too much so.

The US army tested something similar a little while back, where they use special glasses to see a tag only visible with the special glasses. This helps with identifying friendlies from planes, helis...

SolidSnakex said:
That never really happened in the beta. Unless you have a sniper rifle you really don't have much of a shot to hit someone from a really long distance. I managed to do it once with the standard rifle but I even know that was luck. But getting that headshot was still awesome. :)
Won't the scout tag people anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom