• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

AwRy108

ssolitare said:
I cant decide between this and mvc3 :(

MvC3 will be relevant for years to come, so no point in jumping in on day one unless you absolutely adore the series. If you have interest in KZ3's MP, then off course the earlier you start playing, the better.

Mik2121

You know.. this is bullshit.

I go to the Killzone site and it doesn't have Japanese. I go to the Sony Japan site, search for the Killzone 3 page and it only has the standard edition, so that means I won't be able to get my hands on the artbook (which I'd kill to get) just because Sony Japan fails again.

Seriously though, I wonder if they'll ever release the artbook as a separate item, because I definitely want it, even if 100 pages feels a bit lacking when compared to your typical artbook of 150-180 pages.

Edit - On the other hand, Japan has the hotter case out of the 3 standard ones. And it includes English voices and subtitles, so I'll go for it :/

Irish

spats said:
SCEJ has the superior box art, SCEA comes second. SCEE one is just boring.

I think SCEA's is the best, next comes SCEE, and then the SCEJ one is just terrible.

Man, I need to play through the KZ2 campaign before next week.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can't decide between normal edition and special edition. $70 more is so much... That's another game.

Fantastic OP! This is a definite day one for me, I'm just still unsure as to whether to go for the regular UK version or the steelbook. Looks like there's only £5 difference so will probably grab the SE.

I played quite a bit of the Killzone 2 MP, but it was never in any real danger of hooking me as much as previous CoD's have. Hoping to get settled in to regular MP play with this though.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Holy crap. Amazing OP.

Hey alr1ghtstart, I'm working on a KZ3 MP Move video for iWaggle3D (sort of "How to be competitive..." stuff), do you want me to send you a PM when ready so you can put it in the OP?

Good job bro, looking great.

Regarding the preorder bonus: I won't play MP until I beat SP, so when does the 24 hours take in effect?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
TTP said:
Holy crap. Amazing OP.

Hey alr1ghtstart, I'm working on a KZ3 MP Move video for iWaggle3D (sort of "How to be competitive..." stuff), do you want me to send you a PM when ready so you can put it in the OP?
sure

Lion Heart said:
Good job bro, looking great.

Regarding the preorder bonus: I won't play MP until I beat SP, so when does the 24 hours take in effect?
I believe it's 24 real-time (not in-game) hours from when you put your code in.

panda21

is there an MP map on the same kind of scale as phyruss rise in the original? i played that almost exclusively because it was such an awesome huge map

Mik2121

panda21 said:
is there an MP map on the same kind of scale as phyruss rise in the original? i played that almost exclusively because it was such an awesome huge map
Same here. Hopefully we got still some huge maps, other than that one from one of the beta. That one was a bit boring :(

Canova

Banned
OP you forgot to include, if you preoder from PSN Home you get the JetPack costume for your HOME avatar

http://www.alphazone4.com/2011/01/killzone-3-taking-over-playstation-home-next-week

killzone-3-in-playstation-home-1.png

killzone-3-in-playstation-home-8.png

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How does the retro map pack work?

Are they going to fracture the online community Day 1?

Hope it isn't in the Matchmaking List, or it's gonna get stupid in here

Canova

Banned
I'm actually very excited about the JetPack for my Home avatar

I can float around, don't have to walk anymore lol

Pachimari

I could go check out the multiplayer maps, I have played 3 different ones so far and to me they seem pretty big, they have a lot of routes. There's 8 multiplayer maps in all.

GraveRobberX said:
How does the retro map pack work?

Are they going to fracture the online community Day 1?

Hope it isn't in the Matchmaking List, or it's gonna get stupid in here

Putting it in the matchmaking is the only way to help not fracture the community

commish

BattleMonkey said:
Putting it in the matchmaking is the only way to help not fracture the community

This retro map pack is just another in a long line fo stupid GG ideas with KZ3 if it works out such that players who didnt' preorder can't play those maps.

Anastacio said:
I could go check out the multiplayer maps, I have played 3 different ones so far and to me they seem pretty big, they have a lot of routes. There's 8 multiplayer maps in all.

With the retro maps bringing the total to 10.

commish said:
This retro map pack is just another in a long line fo stupid GG ideas with KZ3 if it works out such that players who didnt' preorder can't play those maps.

As long as it's dlc players can buy, it's no different from any other fps map pack

commish

BattleMonkey said:
As long as it's dlc players can buy, it's no different from any other fps map pack

Yes, but that's the problem - downloadable map packs are NEVER a good idea. Some people buy, some don't, community split.

commish said:
Yes, but that's the problem - downloadable map packs are NEVER a good idea. Some people buy, some don't, community split.

It's not a big deal really, all it does is tend to make the maps not woth getting as few people play them unless you sell COD levels of copies. The Maps in KZ2 didn't fracture the community, just hardly anyone played them.

Obviously giving us those maps would have been superior and holding out such a nice thing for preorders only is bullshit.

Haunted

Very much looking forward to it.

duckroll said:
My name is duckroll, and I love giant robots.

Just saying.
Gundam thread is that way ->

I assume there will be a mech section in one of the levels again?

Haunted

canova said:
OP you forgot to include, if you preoder from PSN Home you get the JetPack costume for your HOME avatar
The OP did well not to sully his first posts with that shit.

Top Bottom