• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

panda21

Anastacio said:
I could go check out the multiplayer maps, I have played 3 different ones so far and to me they seem pretty big, they have a lot of routes. There's 8 multiplayer maps in all.

please please please

especially is there anything as big and open as phyruss rise

salamun market was big, but still not the same kind of scale and wasn't that open, same goes for the map in the kz3 beta

Sethos

Banned
Fantastic OP - Can't wait for my LE Edition to arrive ... And my Panasonic P50VT20 so I can see what all this 3D business is about.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
BattleMonkey said:
It's not a big deal really, all it does is tend to make the maps not woth getting as few people play them unless you sell COD levels of copies. The Maps in KZ2 didn't fracture the community, just hardly anyone played them.

Obviously giving us those maps would have been superior and holding out such a nice thing for preorders only is bullshit.

Right right, what I'm saying. Just another dumb move - either no one plays them, or it fractures the community. It's just idiotic to have map packs like this at release.

looking forward to this. finally got into KZ2 multiplayer lately.

That helghast helmet thing looks fucking ugly

they should call it the killzone3 shame edition

Haunted

canova said:
wut? :mad:

I'm very excited about that JetPack!
hush you

The excellent art direction of Killzone is not to be stained with trash like home avatars.

sn00zer said:
Reviews confuse me
all seem to say great things about the game...and then 8.0
All depends on the scale the reviewers in question use, no?

Used correctly, an 8 is an excellent score and absolutely in line with "saying great things about the game".

Carl

Fantastic OP mate.

Looking forward to getting this game :) Wasn't looking forward to it much before the demo, but i really am now!

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Getting this day 1. My gf is away and I have 3 days off from work. Will have alot of fun online. Hopefully the community will be alot more alive and kicking than Killzone 2 is now.

Corto

sn00zer said:
Reviews confuse me
all seem to say great things about the game...and then 8.0

Try the demos. You will pre-order immediately. ;)

Edit: Damn! Forgot to leave a compliment to alr1ghtstart for another excellent OP! 11/10!!!!!

Canova

Banned
Haunted said:
hush you

The excellent art direction of Killzone is not to be stained with trash like home avatars.

Angry-Emoticon.gif

kinoki said:
Getting this day 1. My gf is away and I have 3 days off from work. Will have alot of fun online. Hopefully the community will be alot more alive and kicking than Killzone 2 is now.
Despite all the complaints from the "kz2 vets", I am pretty sure kz3 is going to appeal to a lot more people then it's predecessor.

Bradach

Excellent OP!
Day one for me. I read somewhere on GAF about the SP campaign being a bit short. Any truth to that? Anyone know the avg playthrough time?

Corto

Bradach said:
Excellent OP!
Day one for me. I read somewhere on GAF about the SP campaign being a bit short. Any truth to that? Anyone know the avg playthrough time?

Shurs, a gaffer that played the SP and made a preview in another thread reported a 6-8 hours campaign time. Par to the course on this genre.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Sharpshooter impressions are a must. I feel a lot more confident about playing with the Move on it's own after the demo, but I'm ready to take it to the next level and put my Move in some overpriced chunk of plastic if it adds to the experience.

Dammit, I also need a Navi too. I don't like holding on the the left half of the DS2, it's just not natural for me.

Corto

Snuggler said:
Sharpshooter impressions are a must. I feel a lot more confident about playing with the Move on it's own after the demo, I'm ready to take it to the next level and put my Move in some overpriced chunk of plastic if it adds to the experience.

Dammit, I also need a Navi too. I don't like holding on the the left half of the DS2, it's just not natural for me.

If you going to take the plunge with the Sharpshooter the Navi is a given. I'm still considering that too...

toxicgonzo

Taxes?! Isn't this the line for Metallica?
From the IGN REVIEW
9.5 Graphics
Killzone 3 is easily one of the best looking games on any current platform, and makes war-torn worlds look beautiful.
Yes! Though the water in the single player demo did not look right.
9.0 Lasting Appeal
The single player doesn’t have all that much replayability, but the multiplayer could last someone hours and hours.
I expected that.

Snuggler said:
Sharpshooter impressions are a must. I feel a lot more confident about playing with the Move on it's own after the demo, but I'm ready to take it to the next level and put my Move in some overpriced chunk of plastic if it adds to the experience.

I'm still waiting for more impressions on the Move once the initial "new toy" factor wears away. I wanna see if it's an actual viable control device for multiplayer or if Move players will eventually go back to the dualshock control. I like the quick aiming of the Move but the thought of literally dragging my screen left and right just to turn doesn't seem fun long term.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
To get that Retro Map Pack another way also

NA users (maybe others, here's hoping):

1. Go to http://www.slurpee.com/
2. Register (takes 2-3 minutes)
3. Use these 3 codes: (universal codes, give you 6 points, so need help to 4 more points, either a generous person give codes away, or buy a X-Large Slurpee, $1.79, nets you 4 points)
BSBV-MJTB-DNQN
ZWMT-LPSJ-SFMQ
ZPNV-WZPX-HHFR
4. ??????
5. Profit

Pro Tip: Multiple Accounts = Get most items d_(^_^)_b

There's other goodies there too, for LBP2 & KZ3 (Home related, Themes, etc.)

Here's what I got with one of my dummy accounts: >.>;
(HOME costumes 1 HGH, 1 ISA, 1 from that HOME KZ game going on)

slurpee.com HGH:

69dca8.jpg

2colzxj.jpg

21mdv0j.jpg

slurpee.com ISA:

9s6lcj.jpg

2d0mmwk.jpg

1fftw6.jpg

HOME ISA Outfit:

1z57pyo.jpg

30lgsbp.jpg

sq2gch.jpg

gibration

GraveRobberX said:

NA users (maybe others, here's hoping):

1. Go to http://www.slurpee.com/
2. Register (takes 2-3 minutes)
3. Use these 3 codes: (universal codes, give you 6 points, so need help to 4 more points, either a generous person give codes away, or buy a X-Large Slurpee, $1.79, nets you 4 points)
BSBV-MJTB-DNQN
ZWMT-LPSJ-SFMQ
ZPNV-WZPX-HHFR
4. ??????
5. Profit

Pro Tip: Multiple Accounts = Get most items d_(^_^)_b

There's other goodies there too, for LBP2 & KZ3 (Home related, Themes, etc.)

Here's what I got with one of my dummy accounts: >.>;
(HOME costumes 1 HGH, 1 ISA, 1 from that HOME KZ game going on)

Slurpee.com HGH:

http://i52.tinypic.com/69dca8.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i56.tinypic.com/2colzxj.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/21mdv0j.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Cool, I didn't know about this. I already have enough points so that I means I can get the map pack without preordering. Woo! Thanks GraveRobberX!

Rikyfree

How do I put my name on the google spreadsheet. I know how to go to the address (quote post) but I can't figure out how to put my name in there.

Also, when the slurpee code is redeemable I will hold a little contest to give away one free map pack. So stay tuned.

GraveRobberX said:

If I preorder it at Bestbuy, do I get the retro pack? Its not too clear in the OP or BB website. If not, I would hope a gaffer comes to the rescue and gives me 4 points, 7/11 is pretty far from my house.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
gibration said:
Cool, I didn't know about this. I already have enough points so that I means I can get the map pack without preordering. Woo! Thanks GraveRobberX!

See you in MvsC3 this week

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
KingOfKong said:
I'm still waiting for more impressions on the Move once the initial "new toy" factor wears away. I wanna see if it's an actual viable control device for multiplayer or if Move players will eventually go back to the dualshock control. I like the quick aiming of the Move but the thought of literally dragging my screen left and right just to turn doesn't seem fun long term.

For SP, the Move controls work great. For MP, the increased accuracy could not compensate for the decreased mobility compared to the DS3. I'm sure someone will come in and tell me to practice more and link to some videos of ppl doing amazing things with the move, but it just wasn't for me.

CozMick

Banned
commish said:
For SP, the Move controls work great. For MP, the increased accuracy could not compensate for the decreased mobility compared to the DS3. I'm sure someone will come in and tell me to practice more and link to some videos of ppl doing amazing things with the move, but it just wasn't for me.

Dual Shock 3 is dead to me!

commish said:

Thanks for sharing your experience for it. That is kind of how I imagine it would be. Even watching YouTube videos of move players it was even frustrating to watch how poorly they maneuvered around the maps, having to pull their screen with each turn. I guess if the Move would be great if you are a sniper that doesn't move around much.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Rikyfree said:
How do I put my name on the google spreadsheet. I know how to go to the address (quote post) but I can't figure out how to put my name in there.

click on it?

Lion Heart said:
If I preorder it at Bestbuy, do I get the retro pack? Its not too clear in the OP or BB website. If not, I would hope a gaffer comes to the rescue and gives me 4 points, 7/11 is pretty far from my house.
???

* Fast Starter Pack (available by pre-ordering from Best Buy in North America)
o Pre-order Killzone 3 and receive a Best Buy Exclusive PSN code allowing you to rank up faster, as you earn XP at double the normal rate for the first 24 hours of multiplayer gameplay. Also includes the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack (Blood Gracht & Salamun Market).

dorkimoe

Havent played the open beta at all, no point in getting burnt out or ranking up and having to start over. But day 1 cannot wait

Son of a..

My bad, thanks AS. My eyes went right to the "retro map pack" under that. Thats good news but I am weary on BB Canada coming through. I have a feeling they will screw me somehow.

Corto

Didn't someone at GG said that Move would have a quick turn button/ gesture or am I mistaking Killzone 3 with Socom 4?

Bradach

Corto said:
Shurs, a gaffer that played the SP and made a preview in another thread reported a 6-8 hours campaign time. Par to the course on this genre.
Prefect, that puts my mind at ease. I'd heard 3-4 hours but he must have been talking rubbish!

Forsete

Gold Member
I've had mine per-ordered for a while.

This gens best looking FPS will calm my graphics whore cravings will U3 gets here.
SP Co-op demo was great IMO. Coop alone will result in KZ3>KZ2.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
nib95 said:
Great OP, love everything but the banner. Anyway, look what popped in today!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/nchoudhury/KZ3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Jealous. You planning on doing any more of your crazy awesome offscreen Kuro pics like you did for KZ2?

BeeDog

Forsete said:
I've had mine per-ordered for a while.

This gens best looking FPS will calm my graphics whore cravings will U3 gets here.
SP Co-op demo was great IMO. Coop alone will result in KZ3>KZ2.

Make sure to do some of your awesome capturing!

JohngPR

Looking forward to playing this, but not at launch. Will probably pick it up in a few weeks when I clear some of my backlog.

Top Bottom