• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Cagen

Good job on the OT, alr1ghtstart.

The Clan Thread is up for people to put their names down, ready for release. I have to go on a business trip the week of release :(, so FFO will be setting it up and sending out primary invites until I get back Friday night.

Click to logo to go to the thread.

nib95

Banned
RoboPlato said:
Jealous. You planning on doing any more of your crazy awesome offscreen Kuro pics like you did for KZ2?

Possibly, though with this game direct captures imo work better. The IQ is that sharp and clean that it looks fantastic even raw.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Cagen said:
Good job on the OT, alr1ghtstart.

The Clan Thread is up for people to put their names down, ready for release. I have to go on a business trip the week of release :(, so FFO will be setting it up and sending out primary invites until I get back Friday night.

Click to logo to go to the thread.

That is one fucking sexy Gorilla!

BEASTMODE SON!

Smokey

Beast of a OP.

I asked this in the KZ3 so thread, but does this game support 7.1 and or lossless audio? I may be getting my terms mixed up here.

Pachimari

Smokey said:
Beast of a OP.

I asked this in the KZ3 so thread, but does this game support 7.1 and or lossless audio? I may be getting my terms mixed up here.
Doesn't think so? I have the full game and a 7.1 setup but sound only goes through five of the speakers.

Dug

Banned
Is it just me or does the Helghast helmet in the OP look worse then this one:

killzone_3_helghast_edition_ps3.jpg

Oh well, still buying Helghast Edition anyway!

Sporran

ive got my helghast ed on preorder :)

Have to say anyone else feel that a plat on this baby looks a lot easier than KZ2!

AwRy108 said:
MvC3 will be relevant for years to come, so no point in jumping in on day one unless you absolutely adore the series. If you have interest in KZ3's MP, then off course the earlier you start playing, the better.

Yeah, you're right.

Thrakier

I copy my post from the demo thread:

Just played through the demo on hard with move and NO crosshair. Works amazingly well. Wow. Obviously it's a tiny bit harder than with crosshair, but that makes the fun, does it? It's just so much more immersive without that yellowish somewhat thing there...crazy. Best shooter experience this gen, period.

I'll play the game without crosshair. It adds so much to the immersion. It really feels more like the gunplay with the DSIII than just "please move yellow cursor here". It's fun. Really, people, believe me, try it, do it!

Thrakier said:

I'll play the game without crosshair. It adds so much to the immersion. It really feels more like the gunplay with the DSIII than just "please move yellow cursor here". It's fun. Really, people, believe me, try it, do it!
The first thing I did on my move playthrough.

Dude Abides

Banned
Why do they insist on these big releases the week after I have a 3-day weekend? This happened with Infamous as well. Hopefully my friendly local street-date-breaking shop gets a shipment on friday.

Dude Abides said:
Why do they insist on these big releases the week after I have a 3-day weekend? This happened with Infamous as well. Hopefully my friendly local street-date-breaking shop gets a shipment on friday.
I took Tuesday and Wedsnesday off. 5 day weekend!!!

I would love to find this on Friday as well.

Thrakier said:
Yes! I'm hud off for single player too, just like KZ2. Only way to roll.

Honestly I miss the darker / blurrier / cg-ish look of 2 even though i'm sure this one is technically superior. Regardless, I'm hyped. It's gonna be amazing.

Mikey Jr.

* What's missing from Killzone 2 (List subject to change)
o In-game squads
o Spawn on squad leader
o Spawn grenades
o Proximity chat
o Server Lists
o Ranked custom games
o Sixaxis sniper rifle controls
o Spectator mode
o In-game team balancing
o Spawn camera
o Custom soundtracks
o Tournaments
o Valor point wagering

...............wow.

CozMick

Banned
Cyborg said:
No squad option? Come on! :(

Decreases the amount of spawn killing if playing the beta is anything to go by, although this maybe down to no clusterfuck grenades.

Also, Party system > Squads.

CozMick

Banned
BruceLeeRoy said:
gamersyde review is up and its a really excellent read.

I have to say the contrast between reviewers opinions on the game makes no sense to me.

Call of Duty fans/Killzone 2 vets is the difference between a 7 and a 9 unfortunately

Zen

Banned
Yeah, there's a devide between people that were hardcore fans of Killzone 2 and the rest of the shooter market that tends to like the CoD style. Not that Killzone 3 isn't a damn well made game, from my experiences, but it it's much more like the other mainstream shooters than Killzone 2 was.

Corto said:
Shurs, a gaffer that played the SP and made a preview in another thread reported a 6-8 hours campaign time. Par to the course on this genre.

That's fine by me, I'll probably replay it a decent amount.

lunlunqq

WOW, great OP!!! Finally signed up for the clan. Not sure if I want to switch to Move controls. I tried it once and felt it's quite difficult to do. Not sure if buying a Nav controller and/or the sharpshooter will change things.

BTW, I don't really understand some of the reviews here. So the reviewers are:

KZ2? Plays unlike COD at all! Not good. 7 out of 10.
KZ3? Plays just like COD!! Not good. 7 out of 10.

:(

spats

BattleMonkey said:
Anywhere yet do an unboxing or show the Helghast Edition? I would like to see the Helmet better

ps.blog unboxed the GT5 signature edition before the game came out so I'm willing to bet they'll do the same thing with KZ3.

CozMick

Banned
lunlunqq said:
WOW, great OP!!! Finally signed up for the clan. Not sure if I want to switch to Move controls. I tried it once and felt it's quite difficult to do. Not sure if buying a Nav controller and/or the sharpshooter will change things.

Also the...

Killzone 2 - Greyzone 2 more like ahahaa

Killzone 3 - Killzone 2 looks better, I prefered the "dark, gritty" look

Some people will never be satisfied.

BrLvgThrChmstry said:
I would love to know the opinion of someone who doesn't care for either one...

I dunno while I liked KZ2, I thought it was deeply flawed. But also calling it like COD is a stretch. They obviously took things in a more COD like direction with the MP, but it still doesn't play like COD.

I was 100% sure I was not going to buy this after Killzone 2 but I have sank 12 hours into the beta playing Warzone only, so good. I guess I have to get this.

Cyborg

lunlunqq said:

It gets worse.
KZ3.....not that diffrent from other shooters and KZ2.
COD-Black-Ops....yeah greath addition to the shooter genre. Come on, the reviewers are sometimes so lame.

Zen

Banned
CozMick said:
Also the...

Killzone 2 - Greyzone 2 more like ahahaa

Killzone 3 - Killzone 2 looks better, I prefered the "dark, gritty" look

Some people will never be satisfied.

I think most of the people that said Killzone 2 looks better were the ones saying "Shut the hell up, Killzone 2 has a lot of color" to the "Greyzone" people.

Amazing OP!

Put my name down, but messed the KZ3 Gaf spreadsheet entries up, their mostly wrong across the board, don't know how I kept screwing it up, but I did.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Okay, so what class is everyone going to put unlock points into first??? I think I'm going to go with my beloved KZ2 class, sab. I can get a ton of points by just dropping melee attacks on unsuspecting fools. I just want to level up asap to max out sab and tactician. I don't care about the rest.

Irish

commish said:
Okay, so what class is everyone going to put unlock points into first??? I think I'm going to go with my beloved KZ2 class, sab. I can get a ton of points by just dropping melee attacks on unsuspecting fools. I just want to level up asap to max out sab and tactician. I don't care about the rest.

Tactician and Infiltrator here as well. Then maybe Marksman.

Animator

commish said:

I am going in this order:

Tactician > infiltrator > medic > marksman

Tactician is the most important class and a game changer.

Rikyfree

Medic all the way first, then tactician or infiltrator, then engineer then marksman. I will be there to heal you gaf. I wub joo.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
TACT > INFI = MEDI (still deciding) > MRKS > ENGI

TACT gives the most points/XP ratio, from grabbing location, and the sentry kills do rack up

Might keep playing TACT for a long time, and keep unlocking other shit for other classes, and when the time arises for me to switch, I'll switch my role

Rikyfree said:
Medic all the way first, then tactician or infiltrator, then engineer then marksman. I will be there to heal you gaf. I wub joo.

I wuv joo too, but let's heal GAF not hell it up good sir

EDit: Damn you fixed that flub quick, you sneaky cheeky bastard you

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
BruceLeeRoy said:
gamersyde review is up and its a really excellent read.

I have to say the contrast between reviewers opinions on the game makes no sense to me.
Holy FUCK at the screens there. Amazing.

The atmosphere in this screen is fantastic. I think it's from the very beginning the game but it may be a spoiler to some. Probably one of the most reminiscent of scenes from KZ2 that I've seen.

http://www.gamersyde.com/pop_images_killzone_3-14723-1.html

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Animator said:
I am going in this order:

Tactician > infiltrator > medic > marksman

Tactician is the most important class and a game changer.

I have no desire to be a marksman, but if the beta is anything to go by, there are going to be a shitload. I can't really blame them, though, since GG made them pretty uber without many negatives.

RoboPlato said:
Holy FUCK at the screens there. Amazing.

The atmosphere in this screen is fantastic. I think it's from the very beginning the game but it may be a spoiler to some. Probably one of the most reminiscent of scenes from KZ2 that I've seen.

http://www.gamersyde.com/pop_images_killzone_3-14723-1.html
Yeah, I think GG when they get there hands on the PS4 devkits are going to go absolutely insane. Jesus Christ, this is 5 year old hardware!

Top Bottom