• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Move users, upcoming patch notes
http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...r-Support-Patches/td-p/718535/highlight/false
We are in the process of addressing the following issues that will make their way into a future patch:

- Button for melee (on the circle button)

- The option to swap L1 and L2 in the controller menu

- Limiting the way camera lock assist can be used to acquire targets in MP

- The over-sensitive camera turn speed of the jetpack in single player

We are investigating the following issues and currently have no ETA or guarantees for future solutions, but we are definitely looking into ways to improve/address these topics:

- Lock assist locking on to downed players

- More control over the sensitivity of camera turn speed and reticule movement

- More deadzone tweaking options, like tweaking the zoomed dead zones and possibly the outer dead zones

- Center locked aiming

Look for more details in the future. Once again, thanks for your patience and your feedback!

The Killzone Multiplayer & Move Team

yay

Colbert-ICALLEDIT.gif

TacticalFox88 said:
Watch how despite how badly the Beta is received the full game will bring in near universal praise from GAF

GQman2121

Banned
I hadn't planned on picking this up, but if anyone has the Socom beta and doesn't plan on using it--I've got games I would trade for it. PM me if you're interested.

alr1ghtstart said:
eh, I'd say most of us are playing campaign right now. I don't have high hopes for the MP.

All I've played so far is the MP. And I love it. Great map variety, feels like they balanced the weapons after the beta, very little lag, solid framerate, even decent team work!

Grisby

Was I supposed to get something from GameStop for preordering this? Like extra maps? My memory blows so I could be entirely wrong. >>

Gonna start it tonight!

Grisby said:
Was I supposed to get something from GameStop for preordering this? Like extra maps? My memory blows so I could be entirely wrong. >>

Gonna start it tonight!
They should have printed codes on the receipt. For the Retro map and all the guns for 24 hours (real time).

Grisby

upJTboogie said:
They should have printed codes on the receipt. For the Retro map and all the guns for 24 hours (real time).

Awesome bud, thanks. Knew I hadn't lost all of those marbles yet.

GreatSage

Banned
KingOfKong said:
Oh lord the Move sucks so badly for melee. Sends your view spiraling if you miss. Needs to be able to be bound to a button. Fix this shit gorilla!

Yeah it sucks when devs try to implement real life concepts in gameplay. What was Guerilla thinking?!?!?!?!

Bread

Banned
GreatSageEqualofHeaven said:
Yeah it sucks when devs try to implement real life concepts in gameplay. What was Guerilla thinking?!?!?!?!
if you miss a punch in real life do you spin around uncontrollably?

Started playing at 2pm, just finished the single player on Veteran and its 8:51pm. Pretty short, but sweet. Gonna hop into the MP after the credits finish rolling.

EekTheKat

Not sure if it's just me, but I definitely notice an aim problem with the Sharpshooter + move.

Calibration seems to get slightly off as the game goes on - it gets slightly off center depending on if you're crouching or with different guns.

It's not something you notice when sitting down with the standard move setup (nav controller in one hand, move in the other), only if you "aim down the barrel" of sorts does it really come up.

It may be within an acceptable range though, I say that because it's still playable with a slightly off center target sight if you treat it like a mouse.

M.W.

PaddyOCanager said:
Started playing at 2pm, just finished the single player on Veteran and its 8:51pm. Pretty short, but sweet. Gonna hop into the MP after the credits finish rolling.

I'll take short, but sweet any day. 6 hours + sounds good to me.

Tom Penny

Man. Just popped in the game. Damn I'm glad I bought a G25 TV a month ago. I'd be shocked if this isn't the best PS3 game I've played based on 15 minutes. Very good IQ.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
EekTheKat said:
Not sure if it's just me, but I definitely notice an aim problem with the Sharpshooter + move.

Calibration seems to get slightly off as the game goes on - it gets slightly off center depending on if you're crouching or with different guns.

It's not something you notice when sitting down with the standard move setup (nav controller in one hand, move in the other), only if you "aim down the barrel" of sorts does it really come up.

It may be within an acceptable range though, I say that because it's still playable with a slightly off center target sight if you treat it like a mouse.

Mine has been drifting (just regular move) after I'm in cover and reload. It might just be the controller needing a charge.

Flambe

Not terribly impressed with Sharpshooter so far, hope I can figure out a good sweetspot for deadzones/sensitivity or whatever is making it suck :lol

Can't wait for monoprice to deliver my damn HDMI cable (old one died!) so yeah.. KZ3 with composite a/v is painful

A punch intended on knocking the recipient out on the first shot?

Probably.

then i guess they forgot to make the DS3 view spin out of control when you miss a melee? those devs musta overlooked that apparantly.

Decided to put the multiplayer down for a bit. Within 15 minutes of single player I was amazed. the graphics are a whole other level. Im sure the art design also is what is pulling me into this. but damn, best intro to a game(on a graphics scale).

You don't get disoriented out of your mind if you miss with a thrust of a knife in real life. Motion controlled melee was tried on various shooters on the Wii and some developers eventually learned to allow for that function to be mapped to a button. This should've been a lesson learned by Guerilla already, before they even decided to fully implement Move support.

Morn

Banned
TrAcEr_x90 said:
Decided to put the multiplayer down for a bit. Within 15 minutes of single player I was amazed. the graphics are a whole other level. Im sure the art design also is what is pulling me into this. but damn, best intro to a game(on a graphics scale).

Really? I think KZ2 looks better. KZ3 is missing that extra motion blur that KZ2 had. Probably had to remove it due to the extra processing Move and 3D support require.

Mooreberg

Gold Member
alr1ghtstart said:
If games stopped monitoring KDR, every one of them would improve 10 fold.

Pretty much. The sad fact is if people can level up by just focusing on killing and not sticking their neck out to help the team win, that is what they are going to do.

Anyway I'd rather be dealing with network errors than UPS operation incompetence. This is the third game in a row where "release date delivery" apparently meant "when we feel like delivering it." Amazon would be a perfect, unstoppable retail entity if not for these idiots. I'll probably be switching to Best Buy for the few day one purchases I make in the future.

1stStrike

Banned
I've played about an hour and a half of this so far. I've found it kind of annoying. There's so many objects that you should be able to shoot through you can't - your bullets just hit invisible walls. The framerate is pretty shitty as it tends to stutter when going to a new area. I'm not really feeling it.

Morn

Banned
1stStrike said:
I've played about an hour and a half of this so far. I've found it kind of annoying. There's so many objects that you should be able to shoot through you can't - your bullets just hit invisible walls. The framerate is pretty shitty as it tends to stutter when going to a new area. I'm not really feeling it.

The thing in SP that annoys me are the hit boxes. I can see the dude's head, I should be able to shoot it but the hit box thinks I'm shooting his cover.

Dr. Spaceman said:
You don't get disoriented out of your mind if you miss with a thrust of a knife in real life. Motion controlled melee was tried on various shooters on the Wii and some developers eventually learned to allow for that function to be mapped to a button. This should've been a lesson learned by Guerilla already, before they even decided to fully implement Move support.

fully agree. with the amount of Move users on the official forums continually bringing up the broken Melee and the ugly unchangeable cursor, it is really surprising this wasn't fixed before release. in fact, i wonder how many people are turned off by the Move controls just because of the horrible Melee? Not a great first impression especially for those that don't follow gaming news closely and don't realize they are patching it.

That being said, lets hope they allow us to customize that ugly yellow cursor next!

X-Frame

Quick impressions on performance -- matchmaking and connecting have all been perfect so far for me. No errors, no waiting.

Framerate does drop to around 25 fps and maybe a little lower but VERY rarely and that's only in insane clusterfucks. Other than that, game is running very good.

I'll have a couple videos of Salamun Market and Blood Gracht 2.0 up in a few. Maps look awesome now IMO.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Have they not patched in Squad only chat and sensitivity settings for when zoomed yet? I assume not.

How do you add a member to your clan?

1stStrike said:

The thing I found most annoying was getting hit while under cover. A lot of times I'd crouch into cover after getting shot to let my health regen, but I'd just keep getting hit and die. I didn't notice many problems with invisible walls though, probably because I don't use ADS much.

Also, on my playthrough, the enemies threw a ridiculous amount of grenades - but other than those nitpicks I found the gameplay really satisfying.

Rainier

Just a heads up, this was posted over in the Bulletstorm thread, for those still sitting on the fence:

Outtrigger888 said:
Toys r us has a better deal buy killzone 3 and bulletstorm and get a 40$ giftcard :)

JB1981

Game feels like Gears 2 all over again (multi and sp)

And I liked the look of KZ2 better as well (lighting, art direction, post processing)

Top Bottom