• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Nekuru

oneHeero said:
No its not normal, I assume its launch day jitters if anything.

"A NETWORK RELATED ERROR HAS OCCURRED"

"Essential game objects lost."

"Error code 10006"

I guess will play campaign for now.

oneHeero

Nekuru said:
"A NETWORK RELATED ERROR HAS OCCURRED"

"Essential game objects lost."

"Error code 10006"

I guess will play campaign for now.
Or you can try botzone which would be more user friendly for someone who doesnt go online much. Give you a good feel for the game then by time you know it, online works and you know how to play instead of get run over by someone.

I haven't been following the thread, but has anyone had the MP lock up and your PS3 not be able to reset?

Mine locked up, I reset the machine like I usually do (hold down the power button) and when it started back up, the power light was flashing and no image was on screen. I had to unplug the PS3 from the outlet since the slims don't have the switch in the back to get it going again.

oneHeero

Revolutionary said:
Came in to ask the same thing. Blah.
Give me the extra you have :p

Although some people are inputting 1 code, using up points and then try adding the 2nd. I would add both at same time. Maybe that works, havent seen confirmation on it.,

If not, pass it on to me ;)

Nekuru

oneHeero said:
Or you can try botzone which would be more user friendly for someone who doesnt go online much. Give you a good feel for the game then by time you know it, online works and you know how to play instead of get run over by someone.

I play ton of online on the 360. Bots aren't really my thing. I'll go play campaign until this is sorted out. Thanks for the recommendation though.

Bread

Banned
I've been trying out the sniper class for the past few games and I'm having a lot of success with it. I just went 13-1 on the jungle map and I went 13-4 the time before. I haven't lost once in like 10 games, and that's just playing with randoms. I can't even imagine how it will be when I play with a GAF squad. PM me if you want to team up!

Skyebaron said:
Good thing KZ3 is a very good shooter because graphics wise its not very impressive if you have a decent PC. 460gtx decent.
haha. I have a gtx 580 and I'm very impressed with it. Not as much as Dark10x, (I think Metro '33 and Warhead look superior and of course we know what's coming in March), but fuck me if it isnt gorgeous by any standard.

JWong

Banned
KingOfKong said:
Fix this shit gorilla!
2ufdnpu.png

Cruzader

Banned
Could TTP post his settings or someone link me to his please. I got them from the beta but he might of done some tweaking for the final build.

Also gonna send from friend feq. And jump online as soon as I get my Move settings down.

nib95

Banned
One good thing about the polarising reviews. People have more room to be surprised as expectations vary. Interesting reception thus far lol.

//B1G said:
Wow, game is fantastic so far. Why did Guerrilla remove the film grain though? I loved it.

PortTwo said:
... KZ3 is amazing. Really remarkable.

I was one of those who didn't mind the "heavy" feeling of KZ2, but this... is better. I know, more CoD'ish, but what can I say. None of that jogging around the target, overshooting my headshots anymore (with the DS).

Played from the beginning of the game until the level that looks the same as the SP demo, in co-op. It works pretty well. You definitely see some LOD effects, and Natko (player 2) is awfully quiet in cutscenes (video), but it works, and it works well. They stagger the splitscreen so P1 is flush to the top and P2 to the bottom; I thought it looked really odd at first but it does help keep things separated.

To those having trouble with Move melee (I sure did)... try pulling your elbow back, and then returning to the "default" position, rather than extending your arm forward. I had an easier time with this method.

Full Recovery said:
Fantastic, Simply fantastic. Just completed it on veteran and holy shit at the
anti-gravity part, amazing.

The graphics, the soundtrack, the gunplay are all stunning. FPS of the year. GG are magicians.

Rikyfree said:
This game feels more like the KZ I know and love from KZ1 and Liberation. Especially the last couple levels. I always felt that yea, KZ2 was fun, but it didn't have the kind of uniqueness to it that the other 2 had. This solves that immensely. Good times.

Oneself said:
It looks definitely better than Killzone2 and so far, it's better in every way. The demo felt like "K2 / more of the same etc." to me, so I wasn't hyped about the release.. but playing the whole game today, I am blown away. It's much better than I expected and everything just feels better than Killzone2. Also the pacing is right this time.

Lion Heart said:
This game is absolutely phenomenal. I swear the graphics are not possible at times but the overall art direction is out of this world. Sure I would love some more motion blur, shimmering can be distracting and a little more recoil, but you can't deny how FUN this game is.

Btw I am about 15 minutes past the part where you get the jet pack, how much is left in hours? I don't want this to end.

TacticalFox88 said:
Just got my copy.....wow...WOW. If UC3 is supposed to surpass this, my eyeballs will melt.

Zoibie said:
Nothing yet, but I'd be surprised if it didn't end up on iTunes or some place.
I'm hoping that's the case. I'm still shocked how so many game publishers (not all mind you) don't have day and date soundtrack releases with game release days. OSTs are such a great stack on item to sell. Activision seemed to have learned with MW2's OST delay with BO (though it still had a delay). Giving it away free with LE's is fine don't get me wrong, I just wish they came out when the games did. It's the time I'm most likely to get a video game soundtrack.

Morn

Banned
I got the Helghast edition and love the theme...but Sony needs to get some KZ PSN Avatars up in the store ASAP.

Holy memory leak Batman!
Towards the end of the first level, I chucked some grenades at some Helghast behind cover and I don't know what it did to the game but it dropped down to around 15FPS until I finished it. Fucking awful. I don't think I've ever seen something like that in a console game. At least, not that I remember.

The level itself was pretty good though, and the game is interesting to play with Move + Sharpshooter.

Dibbz

Dibbz said:
Can someone confirm that those 24 hour codes begin when you first start multiplayer, or do they begin as soon as you start playing the game at all, even single player?
Quoting for new page.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
RotBot said:
I have both the home and amazon codes but only got 3 unlock points. Same for everyone else?

the one with the 3 unlock points is the same as the map pack (they're bundled). I thought the same thing.

-
sucks I have to switch to the DS3 for the jetpack section. You can tell this game was rushed. Another 3 months in the oven would have done it some good.

oneHeero

alr1ghtstart said:
the one with the 3 unlock points is the same as the map pack (they're bundled). I thought the same thing.

-
sucks I have to switch to the DS3 for the jetpack section. You can tell this game was rushed. Another 3 months in the oven would have done it some good.
I read that this was fixed :\ Didnt TTP confirm this already? I know in the EXO it feels find.

Revolutionary said:
Holy memory leak Batman!
Towards the end of the first level, I chucked some grenades at some Helghast behind cover and I don't know what it did to the game but it dropped down to around 15FPS until I finished it. Fucking awful. I don't think I've ever seen something like that in a console game. At least, not that I remember.

The level itself was pretty good though, and the game is interesting to play with Move + Sharpshooter.
i once hit less than 10 fps in bioshock. I'm not sure what happned, but it was actually a slideshow (unplayable). It was a freak accident. Never happened again.

RoboPlato said:
Jetpacks are fixed for MP. A fix is coming for campaign.

yes please.

kuYuri

Man, the subtitles are really bad in this. So far (reached chapter 3), they are pretty off most of the times.

JB1981 said:
Hey gaf,

I got game from amazon how do I download retro map pack?

They would have emailed you the code.

A.R.K

Morn said:
The load times can be extremely long in multi.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!! not this again. I hated KZ2 for this. I thought it was much better in the KZ3 beta but still not as good as it should be. I'll give a pat to CODMW2 for its super fast loading in MP.

Fix this shit GG! but not like that KZ2 patch which made the load times worse!

Is the day one patch with the long list of fixes up or they are releasing it later? How is the MP compared to the open beta?

DoomGyver

Actually a standard version of the CE theme is on the Slurpee rewards site. Can someone confirm if it is standard or dynamic? it's 4 points.

oneHeero

Some pics of the sharpshooter, like I said, I went with Helghast design and 1 socom sticker which you can see in the close up. I also have a blurry picture of how I sit with the move. I dont just rest it on the pillow, sometimes just my left arm is resting on it holding the gun up, sometimes I have the pillow pulled up a lil under my left arm and my arm is not touching the table to allow me to move more freely. Or sometimes I extend the back part and rest it on my shoulder, almost like if I have the gun raised to my eye ADS. It rest there easy and allows me to make easy twitch movements with precision and sometimes I just hold it like you would a MP5 (with the extension in not extended). When I get tired I switch it up.

IMAG0370.jpg

IMAG0374.jpg

IMAG0375.jpg

IMAG0373.jpg

I can try to get video if anyone is curious how I am using the sharpshooter while playing. Wouldnt be till later tonight when wife is home. Would probably be with phone cam as well :\

methos75 said:
LOL, guess they didn't fully test this game at all. If you pause it and your controller goes off, upon turning the controller back on the game will not recognize it and you have to fully quit the game and restart it in order for it to recognize the dual shock again. Bet this has to do with Move support.

Yeah that happened to me, extremely weird. But you don't have to turn the game off, just switch controller ports from 1 -> 2 or vice versa. Strange but it works.

Bread said:
I've been trying out the sniper class for the past few games and I'm having a lot of success with it. I just went 13-1 on the jungle map and I went 13-4 the time before. I haven't lost once in like 10 games, and that's just playing with randoms. I can't even imagine how it will be when I play with a GAF squad. PM me if you want to team up!

Man I hate people who sit in the spawn and snipe. I'd be a lot more impressed if you went 20-20 and actually contributed to the victory.

oneHeero

weekend_warrior said:
Man I hate people who sit in the spawn and snipe. I'd be a lot more impressed if you went 20-20 and actually contributed to the victory.
While I agree, that's not always the best scenario. IE TDM, I want him to have less deaths. Or say SnD(forgot kz name). I dont mind him sniping off ppl from spawn if he can kill the planters. OR pick off people entering the obj. Just depends on the gametype etc.

But I do agree with you for the most part. Especially when snipers brag :p

So, my Amazon order never came. I looked at the tracking on the UPS website, and it says it's still in transit, and will be here at 3:00 PM (latest for residential deliveries), but it's now 6:00. So, does this mean it will just come tomorrow?

fuck UPS, the estimated delivery was 3PM.. i called them up and an agent told me that the drivers started late and i may have to wait until 10PM

Top Bottom