• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

thuway

Skyebaron said:
Good thing KZ3 is a very good shooter because graphics wise its not very impressive if you have a decent PC. 460gtx decent.
HAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

There are games that do things better, but realistically, this is the real fucking deal. The animations, the art assets, the direction - it all comes in a way, no shooter does.

Crysis may look good,
Metro may do some amazing things - but lets be honest here, graphics are more than just anti-aliasing, or resolution. This game has a laundry list of effects that none of those shooters touch. So back the fuck off with the 'not impressive' looking shit.

I kind of miss the hazy filtered/Quincunx'ed motion blurred look from the first game. It was one of my favorite things about it, it gave the game a really otherwordly, oppressive feel that was just perfect for a space Nazi fascist invasion massacre. This game is much more crisp, which makes the jaggies seem to stand out more and makes it feel... uh, "gamey". It's also jarringly colorful. Still looks totally insane, the detail is definitely bumped up and almost distracting, but in a good way. If the scenery is as varied as it seems to be, this game will probably end up as my all-time graphics champ, considering tech and art.

The action is great. Cutscenes seem a bit too frequent (but nice and brief), but for the most part the pacing and flow of battle is riveting. Always a treat shooting these motherfuckers.

Donos

dark10x said:
5870 here with i7 @ 3.2 Ghz. I've played Metro and Crysis at the highest detail settings. I know what the PC has on tap. It's not a matter of power, rather, one of design. Kz3 is just impressive all around.

*brain_stew summoned*

prepare yourself

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
thuway said:

There are games that do things better, but realistically, this is the real fucking deal. The animations, the art assets, the direction - it all comes in a way, no shooter does.

Crysis may look good,
Metro may do some amazing things - but lets be honest here, graphics are more than just anti-aliasing, or resolution. This game has a laundry list of effects that none of those shooters touch. So back the fuck off with the 'not impressive' looking shit.

I want to make love to this response.

Cyborg

thuway said:

Crysis may look good,

You know he is just playing with you......:) let him talk. We all know KZ3 is just amazing

Skyebaron said:
Good thing KZ3 is a very good shooter because graphics wise its not very impressive if you have a decent PC. 460gtx decent.
hahaholey shit.

anyway.. i'm gonna take my time to really suck in the glorious art direction.

Marleyman

Banned
Is the handling really that much different than KZ2? I stuck up for KZ2's handling yet I hear that it was made to be more COD like.

A.R.K

revolverjgw said:
I kind of miss the hazy filtered/Quincunx'ed motion blurred look from the first game. It was one of my favorite things about it, it gave the game a really otherwordly, oppressive feel that was just perfect for a space Nazi fascist invasion massacre. This game is much more crisp, which makes the jaggies seem to stand out more and makes it feel... uh, "gamey". It's also jarringly colorful. Still looks totally insane, the detail is definitely bumped up and almost distracting, but in a good way. If the scenery is as varied as it seems to be, this game will probably end up as my all-time graphics champ, considering tech and art.

The action is great. Cutscenes seem a bit too frequent (but nice and brief), but for the most part the pacing and flow of battle is riveting. Always a treat shooting these motherfuckers.

This is what I felt after playing the demo. Like GG was forced to leave the look of the KZ2 after constant rut of 'no colors, grayzone LOLz'. KZ2 had a more CGI look to it definitely. I am not complaining as KZ3 looks much better than KZ2 in some other ways. But I would love to have an unlock for 'KZ2 filter' with muted darker environment colors, as a reward once you complete the game like what ND does with Uncharted. That would have been awesome.

spats

alr1ghtstart said:
No Locked Saves! yay

but wtf @ no presence data...

Yeah, just saw Rapping Granny playing and nothing. So weird. It can't be that hard to at least add in "playing multiplayer" or "playing singleplayer"

methos75

Banned
I have noticed a bit of framerate issues on the bridge fight, the game became jerky as hell and went down to what looked like 10FPS. Only area so far with issues though.

Holy crap!!! picked up the game at midnight. I was sweating bullets because all my friends are hardcore Modern Warfare players but they seemed to like the beta. We drank some energy drinks, and litterally played for 5 hours. It was insane. We started with operation mode and played the hell out of that. Then did warzone but it was really frustrating to everyone at first. This morning we played some more and we just dominate so much, now that all of us make sure to be at least one of the classes, and two guys are desiganted to always making sure spawn points are ready and ammo crates.

darkwing

TrAcEr_x90 said:
Holy crap!!! picked up the game at midnight. I was sweating bullets because all my friends are hardcore Modern Warfare players but they seemed to like the beta. We drank some energy drinks, and litterally played for 5 hours. It was insane. We started with operation mode and played the hell out of that. Then did warzone but it was really frustrating to everyone at first. This morning we played some more and we just dominate so much, now that all of us make sure to be at least one of the classes, and two guys are desiganted to always making sure spawn points are ready and ammo crates.

yup, this is why a clan is really useful here, can totally dominate the other team when each member plays a role

Oneself

Ok seriously, you would have shown me some parts of this game at a PS3 unveiling conference and I would have said "this is bullshit". I can't believe how good it looks. Have I said it's holyshit impressive?

So anyone know when we might see the patch for custom games? I like matchmaking but I find it more fun when I can goof off with some friends in an empty room.

Cagen

pharmboy044 said:
So anyone know when we might see the patch for custom games? I like matchmaking but I find it more fun when I can goof off with some friends in an empty room.
Shortly after release but the saying how long is a piece of string comes to mind.

This game is absolutely phenomenal. I swear the graphics are not possible at times but the overall art direction is out of this world. Sure I would love some more motion blur, shimmering can be distracting and a little more recoil, but you can't deny how FUN this game is.

Btw I am about 15 minutes past the part where you get the jet pack, how much is left in hours? I don't want this to end.

Fuck ya, I just bought HL Ep2 for 1.99!

Mooreberg

Alf-Life said:
Yup :) Good ear ;)

Was he the voice of the character in KZ2 as well? Didn't recognize him through the whole game if it was. I just watched the Warriors last week for the first time in ages. Hurry up UPS!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
methos75 said:
Anyone else finding it too easy, Playing on Veteran and so far nothing has been challenging at all.

Definitely. I really really hope they release a patch that allows us to turn off all autoaim. I've done some testing with the Move and the lock on is absolutely ridiculous. Takes all the fun out of it.

Crisis

Banned
Wow. This thread's gone to shit the last page or so. Just got my copy in. Hope to play it sometime tonight. Preferably with some GAFfers. We'll see what happens.

Hazelhurst

alr1ghtstart said:
Definitely. I really really hope they release a patch that allows us to turn off all autoaim. I've done some testing with the Move and the lock on is absolutely ridiculous. Takes all the fun out of it.
That can be disabled in the motion controller settings.

My buddy at work, who still hasn't even tried KZ2 let alone KZ3 beta/demo, refuses to buy KZ3.

He said he thinks Homefront is and will be better...

A.R.K said:
This is what I felt after playing the demo. Like GG was forced to leave the look of the KZ2 after constant rut of 'no colors, grayzone LOLz'. KZ2 had a more CGI look to it definitely. I am not complaining as KZ3 looks much better than KZ2 in some other ways. But I would love to have an unlock for 'KZ2 filter' with muted darker environment colors, as a reward once you complete the game like what ND does with Uncharted. That would have been awesome.

Do you have the game yet? I think that demo area doesn't convey how good the final game really looks. I wasn't convinced this was the new graphics king until I dug into the campaign, the detail in the urban areas is just bananas. I still would have preferred KZ2's style, but overall this beats it.

nib95

Banned
dark10x said:
5870 here with i7 @ 3.2 Ghz. I've played Metro and Crysis at the highest detail settings. I know what the PC has on tap. It's not a matter of power, rather, one of design. Kz3 is just impressive all around.

Same here with an i7 at 3.9ghz and 5850 OC'd heavily. But besides Crysis, I'd put KZ3 as my second best looking game on any platform. Tbh, I prefer it visually over Crysis in terms of art style and setting. Don't really wanna open that big can up, but KZ3 visually is PC master race quality stuff.

Steroyd

coolcole93 said:
As someone in the UK not getting this until Friday, I really should avoid this thread. I just can't :(

Why on earth did you not order online!?

Sorry my UK bretherin but... I should be getting mine tomorrow, sux 2 be u. :p

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Hardcore PS3 BC2 player here... working my way through single player atm... when I finally jump into MP I'd like to play with some of you guys.

Games only shine when you have good squad/teamwork (imo).

Single player is pretty sweet so far. But then I've always liked Killzone.

Top Bottom