• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

-Amon-

Patrick Bateman said:
Played the MP Beta and SP demo, but I'm still not sure if want to order this game. :(

You're aware that anytime someone brings up a topic writing a post in it people come in thinking that there is something new to read yes ?

Shuusui

lastinline said:
Apparently my Killzone 3 from Amazon isn't coming today due to "weather or a natural disaster." *rolls eyes*
Same. UPS got scared of a few inches of snow.

Luckily, I've got Tactics Ogre and that kickass launch trailer to keep me warm during this INCREDIBLY EPIC winter storm...

kevm3 said:
Deathmatch needs to be made longer. These games end way too quick. I think the new patch will address that though.

Yes it will. Do we know what the actual number of kills it is currently? Seems like 50 to me

Also, I haven't played the real game yet, but in the beta it seemed like the assassinations went way too quick as well.

Repgnar

Just got back from Wal-Mart where I picked it up. They had four employees standing there and none of em knew what I was talking about when I asked about the Retro map code. They plan on putting the maps up on the market? After this update i'm going to go see if they're already up, better not be too high of a price.

mercenar1e said:
never had a weather cancellation here BUT i hate the delivery schedule (5PM EST)
It's always different. But, most of the time it's around 5 in the afternoon here as well. What's stupid is that it's been in the city next to me since this morning, but it's not out for delivery. Louisiana doesn't have any bad weather, nor did an earthquake happen. At least Fed Ex is going to bring my Sharpshooter today.

nib95

Banned
Violater said:
Well if I didn't see all the game has to offer before, I have now.
And that music is just terrible.

Yea, watching it again, what were they thinking... They gave away way too much in that trailer, even if in just teeny short split second snippets. GG need to hold back on giving too much away, but I guess it's a last minute effort to really show the masses what the game offers as a whole.

Shuusui

lastinline said:
It sucks that it also happened to you, but at least I'm not alone. :)
"Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Wednesday, 02/23/2011, by 3:00 P.M. (by end of day for residential deliveries)" Mega fail. The kicker? My friend who lives north of me got 5 inches more snow and his is on time.

UPS... how do they work?!

Dmorr07 said:
Just got back from Wal-Mart where I picked it up. They had four employees standing there and none of em knew what I was talking about when I asked about the Retro map code. They plan on putting the maps up on the market? After this update i'm going to go see if they're already up, better not be too high of a price.
I think the retro maps are gonna be on the PSN store but the store will update around 7pm est.

SamJD

Neo Member
Yeah, my copy has been in a city about 5 minutes away from me and it's been sitting there since 5 this morning and I still don't have the game. I just hope I don't get it tomorrow or anything. I'd be really angry.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
nib95 said:
TTP I trust, but he said the same about KZ3's BETA which actually imo had a pretty good frame rate (except when everyone's on screen at once causing mayhem).

Well, that's the circumstance I refer to when talking frame rate. Who cares if it's smooth when nothing happens?

Besides, KZ3 needs more Operations. That's the mode I'm enjoying the most.

nib95

Banned
TTP said:
Well, that's the circumstance I refer to when talking frame rate. Who cares if it's smooth when nothing happens?

I agree, but for me personally it depends on how much carnage is on screen. I don't really expect any game to have a perfect frame rate when the very max number of people are on screen together blowing stuff up. Since, that doesn't happen hardly ever IF ever. I'd rather they optimise around for say 16-20 people instead of say the full 24. Since the expectation is people will be dying, or running back from spawn etc and I'd rather just have the consistant visuals than be optimised for a situation that won't arise in 99% of someones play time. But in all honesty, the frame rate should be a solid 30fps on the whole. Guess I'll test it for myself later tonight. Off to play badminton now lol.

styl3s

either im doing the whole move/sharpshooter thing wrong or it's just awful, played a few bot matches with it while bulletstorm 360 demo was dling so i can get those unlocks

shame because one of the main reasons i got KZ3 was for the move/sharpshooter but atleast i got the small half ass helmet and figure out of it, hopefully the SP is good.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
After 5 hours of MP, I have to say that KZ2 had better maps. These maps in KZ3 are just way too busy.

fernoca

Dmorr07 said:
Wal-Mart usually has the codes inside the game, checked the insert/pamphlets just in case? Thoug hthe info says you got the code if you preordered online:
Pre-order Killzone 3 from walmart.com and receive an exclusive PSN code giving you the Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack, featuring two of the most popular maps from Killzone 2. Also receive an exclusive PlayStation 3 Dynamic Theme.
And even in store for this and other games the pictures said about preordering at walmart.com; since store don't do preorders.

But check the case just in case or email Wal-Mart.

Repgnar

fernoca said:
Wal-Mart usually has the codes inside the game, checked the insert/pamphlets just in case? Thoug hthe info says you got the code if you preordered online:

And even in store for this and other games the pictures said about preordering at walmart.com; since store don't do preorders.

But check the case just in case or email Wal-Mart.

Nothing but the Socom beta. They had a poster by the cash register saying the 24 hour walmarts have them in limited quantities with the purchase. I'm thinking they either ran out at midnight and the people working now never knew about em or they weren't told about em when they started working today. It's no biggie, going through the campaign right now and enjoying it.

Donos

the trailer is really nice. thats how you sell a fps shooter. but full with spoilers...

also the music would work without vocals. but still really good.

Just got my "shipment is delayed due to weather" email from Amazon. My copy shipped out from MD. No big deal, it'll get here when it gets here. I'd rather people be safe than me get my video game a day earlier.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
just got my copy :D

why oh why do they still have lock on when ADS with Move? The best part playing with Move is lining up shots, not scoping and have the game automatically target their heads. It totally ruins the gunplay. argh.
(campaign)

styl3s

BruceLeeRoy said:
Did Sony really do no marketing for this whatsoever?
i rarely watch cable tv and ive seen about 20 ads in the last month for it not to mention the billion ads and video ads through out the proper sites that appeals to the audience.

i would say they did a great job at marketing, even my friend who rarely play games asked me whats the big deal about this killzone game.

Loving the campaign so far. :) Has a lot of variety in the gameplay and your never doing the same thing for a long period of time,
from sniping in buildings to manning a tank gun to using the Exoskeleton then to sneaking in the jungle.

Persona7

Banned
What the heck is it with newer PS3 game cases?

when i try to put the disk back in the case it does not fully click in all the way only 2 of 3 tabs in the middle spindle thing click, same thing happens with dead space 2 and Sims 3.

feels like i am going to snap the disk in half when putting back in

alterno69

Banned
kevm3 said:
Deathmatch needs to be made longer. These games end way too quick. I think the new patch will address that though.

Yes, wat too short, you spend as much time loading the game as you do playing.

styl3s said:
i rarely watch cable tv and ive seen about 20 ads in the last month for it not to mention the billion ads and video ads through out the proper sites that appeals to the audience.

i would say they did a great job at marketing, even my friend who rarely play games asked me whats the big deal about this killzone game.

Interesting. I have apparently missed most of them.

styl3s

BruceLeeRoy said:
Interesting. I have apparently missed most of them.
surly you didn't miss the internet ads, every game site, alot of sports sites etc and youtube have had ads out the ass

and lets be honest, internet is this generations TV, kids and teens watch hulu, youtube etc. so marketing will go more towards the internet then TV.

these days kids just DVR it and skip the commercials or illegaly download it, or hulu/youtube it, i would say they did a better job at marketing it then epic did with bulletstorm and sony did with LBP2

Remember in Resistance 2 the first time you walked outside and saw the Chimeran dropships burning down San Francisco? Making your through through Pyrrhus is like that times 100. It's literally the best looking thing I've ever seen in a videogame.

Top Bottom