• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

DoomGyver

cjtiger300 said:
Yeah, I picked one of the Sharpshooters up and didn't care for it at all. I changed to regular move after about 5 minutes. I think its the position I sit it, I'm not sure.

Hey, did you preorder online? If so when you picked it up instore, did you get your codes?
You should get your code in an email. Last time I pre-ordered from best buy was GT5 and I didn't get my stealth car code email until about 6 hours after I picked it up in-store.

Cornbread78

cjtiger300 said:
I bought it outright online. Why fuck should that matter? Buying the game before the release day is PREordering it right? My online receipt says 2-19-2011. If there is a difference, this the last time I buy from BestBuy.com.

That's definately a pre-order then and you should have gotten a code. I'd be calling their CS reps and getting your due....

Full Recovery said:
You should get your code in an email. Last time I pre-ordered from best buy was GT5 and I didn't get my stealth car code email until about 6 hours after I picked it up in-store.

May answer your question on how BB does their orders....

Man, my shipment is SO close! It's somewhere in Salt Lake City so it should be here really soon. The only bad thing is that I can never tell what time the UPS guy comes. :(

Full Recovery said:

OK, cool. This is the first time I have pre order with them, so I had no idea. Thanks!

Bread

Banned
fuzzyreactor said:
choppy framrate with twitch gameplay and terrible maps. game is damn near unplayable.
I haven't had any noticeable framerate problems, I think you're overreacting a bit.

Waaghals

Hmm, is it just me or does this game lack a custom MP game option?

also, can somebody confirm that my avatar abides by the rules?

Cyberia

Jeff's review is up.

It's great that Killzone 3 supports all of the additional features of the PlayStation 3, though when it comes down to it, I had the most fun with it when I was playing it with a standard controller in two measly dimensions. But a lot of the design is so familiar that it's hard to get as excited for Killzone 3 as you might have last time around. Killzone 2 felt like a landmark event that finally gave the PlayStation 3 a world-class first-person shooter that you couldn't play anywhere else. After two years, Killzone 3 hasn't changed enough to reignite all of those feelings, but it's still a thrilling ride when you're alone and a well-designed multiplayer experience, as well.

http://www.giantbomb.com/killzone-3/61-30431/reviews/

4/5

Lyonaz

Boo not all gamestores are selling the Move Sharpshooter, guess I'll check around on Friday or order online.
Just deciding what version to buy, normal, collector's or Helghast edition.

Biff

Any Canadians receive notice of pre-order shipment from Bestbuy.ca?

Order doesn't even say shipped as of 12:00pm. Wtf. Guess I'm not getting this today :mad:

Just a heads up, Josh over at CAG is offering a $25 gc when you purchase the KZ3 Helghast edition. You gotta be SYWR member and email him a copy of the receipt though.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284992&page=220

SHC-Gamer said:
Until the issue is resolved concretely on the CE I will be offering a $25 gift card with purchase (must be a SYWR member and show it on the receipt) due to the issue today.

Still investigating the standard but I am receiving mixed reports via email.

Negaiido

fuzzyreactor said:
because me and a few other people on here cant stomach the less than stellar FR. guess TTP and Thrakier should be banned too. yea right....

No because you're saying something that's not proven and only trying to pull out the fanboy comments.
Nothing you are saying is usefull in this state.

fernoca

Wow, really amazing so far. Downloaded the Retro Map Pack, started the first chapter/training; really incredible visuals. But need to clean some stuff and do some other before jumping fully into this.

But so far, so good. Really good. Story-wise I never finished '2', though I don't feel that lost. With Move so far it has been amazing, just the basic calibration and everything's perfect.

I do wonder if the 24 hours-multiplayer unlock thingie is already counting, since it was all together as one code wit h2 "purchases". But whatever, is just a tease of all abilities for 24 hour no biggie, I was just interested in the maps.

Though like LittleBigPlanet 2, the booklet is black & white...so it confirmed my nightmares of Sony going cheap. :p

Negaiido said:
No because you're saying something that's not proven and only trying to pull out the fanboy comments.
Nothing you are saying is usefull in this state.
so i can praise the game saying its perfect (that is somehow useful) but i cant complain about the things i dislike?

I simply stating my problems with the game. The game is too choppy to suit the fast paced gameplay it boast. Either they should have optimized the game better to reach a higher stable FR or slowed the pace of the game down.

i just used the promotional credit and $20 gift card from a contest online to apply it towards the move starter pack... came out to $61 ;)

Big Chungus

Wow, I didn't get my pre-order bonus from Ebgames here in Canada..

Should I drive back in this snow to ask them about it or should I try email?

Negaiido

fna84 said:
Wow, I didn't get my pre-order bonus from Ebgames here in Canada..

Should I drive back in this snow to ask them about it or should I try email?

Got no phone?

fuzzyreactor said:
so i can praise the game saying its perfect (that is somehow useful) but i cant complain about the things i dislike?

I simply stating my problems with the game. The game is too choppy to suit the fast paced gameplay it boast. Either they should have optimized the game better to reach a higher stable FR or slowed the pace of the game down.

Just give us a proper video where you can see that it's too choppy. Being the only one saying that it's choppy doesn't really support your opinion, or does it?

Man I played the campaign for about an hour, I almost forgot how fun Killzone was. I don't think there is an FPS out there that captures the warzone feel like this series has in 2 and now 3.

and fna84 I posted about this a page ago, EB in canada didn't get the codes because sony sent it to them late, they said to call a day after release and they'll read out the code for you over the phone or some shit like that.

Waaghals

Patrick Bateman said:
R2 feels more natural as a gun trigger, imo. :/

Sure, but the trigger on the ds3 is... well, it could be better.

That being said, I would like an ability to reconfigure all the controls in console games. KZ3 unfortunately doesn't have that many options on that front, Just one standard kz-mapping, one COD-esque mapping and a option for inversion.

nib95

Banned
fuzzyreactor said:
because me and a few other people on here cant stomach the less than stellar FR. guess TTP and Thrakier should be banned too. yea right....

TTP I trust, but he said the same about KZ3's BETA which actually imo had a pretty good frame rate (except when everyone's on screen at once causing mayhem). I believe he said he thought it was an average low 20's or worse, but in reality based off the technical analysis the average was closer to 27fps with I believe only one drop below 25fps in the entire test video. Thrakiers idea of an optimal frame rate is 60fps, and his minimum 30fps. So it's hardly a fair opinion. No console shooter besides COD has above a 30fps frame rate or even constantly dead on it.

Based on KZ3's MP DF technical analysis, if you think the game has a 'choppy' frame rate than you must also think 99% of console shooters have choppy frame rates. Unfortunately it's just something intrinsic with online console shooters, based on the fact that gamers generally prefer better visuals over 30+ frame rates.

I guess we should wait for the DF analysis of the final multiplayer, but my assumption is that it will be close to 30fps. Should obviously be dead on 30fps, but I it's probably GG's preference in balance. How often are 24 players really going to be on screen at once? Do you optimise for the full 24 players being on-screen at once retaining 30fps, or make a compromise and optimise around say 14 people (a reasonable number to see at any one time) and bump up the visuals accordingly.

fernoca

Though, check the receipts from EB/Gamestop just in case.
Unlike similar situations, for Killzone 3 they didn't needed to scan a separate UPC for the code to appear in the receipt. It was just there; since in my case I just said my phone number, confirmed it was my name and was given the game and the receipt...well, at least in the US.

Top Bottom