• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Steroyd said:
Why on earth did you not order online!?

Sorry my UK bretherin but... I should be getting mine tomorrow, sux 2 be u. :p

I did. The steelbook edition from Game. It's now being 'released for packing'.

Also, fuck you :(

Rikyfree

This game feels more like the KZ I know and love from KZ1 and Liberation. Especially the last couple levels. I always felt that yea, KZ2 was fun, but it didn't have the kind of uniqueness to it that the other 2 had. This solves that immensely. Good times.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I keep getting stuck on shit... I have cover/crouch set to toggle and I get stuck on everything.

This is really only a problem when they're lobbing grenades... pretty much guaranteed dead if a frag lands next to me because I cannot get away from the cover fast enough.

haha

Oppo

... KZ3 is amazing. Really remarkable.

I was one of those who didn't mind the "heavy" feeling of KZ2, but this... is better. I know, more CoD'ish, but what can I say. None of that jogging around the target, overshooting my headshots anymore (with the DS).

Played from the beginning of the game until the level that looks the same as the SP demo, in co-op. It works pretty well. You definitely see some LOD effects, and Natko (player 2) is awfully quiet in cutscenes (video), but it works, and it works well. They stagger the splitscreen so P1 is flush to the top and P2 to the bottom; I thought it looked really odd at first but it does help keep things separated.

To those having trouble with Move melee (I sure did)... try pulling your elbow back, and then returning to the "default" position, rather than extending your arm forward. I had an easier time with this method.

Dead

well not really...yet
Gamestop printed me 2 codes when I picked up my game for some reason.

First person to PM me gets my extra code

How does the Retromap pack work, does Bestbuy email you the code? I got nothing in the box but I do live in Canada, I hope that isn't a problem.

Subxero

Lion Heart said:
How does the Retromap pack work, does Bestbuy email you the code? I got nothing in the box but I do live in Canada, I hope that isn't a problem.

I ordered from Amazon. I got a email for the $20 credit, but not for the map pack/points. I guess I'm going to have to email them tomorrow.

methos75

Banned
LOL, guess they didn't fully test this game at all. If you pause it and your controller goes off, upon turning the controller back on the game will not recognize it and you have to fully quit the game and restart it in order for it to recognize the dual shock again. Bet this has to do with Move support.

Crisis

Banned
Also, I just read through the OP. It's masterfully done. But I was reading the part about co-op. Is there any indication that they're going to patch it to support online, or is that just a fantasy at this point?

DoomGyver

Fantastic, Simply fantastic. Just completed it on veteran and holy shit at the
anti-gravity part, amazing.

The graphics, the soundtrack, the gunplay are all stunning. FPS of the year. GG are magicians.

Still waiting on my Fast Starter Pack code to be emailed to me. This is such bull shit!!!! I ordered online but did in store pick up. Has anyone else had this problem?

So, in comparison to the SP demo, how does the retail game stack up, visually speaking? I'm guessing that it's much the same.

I, too, miss the motion blur-saturated, opressively cinematic look of KZ2, but if such has been compromised for more detail/a better overall look, then I'm happy.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Crisis said:
Also, I just read through the OP. It's masterfully done. But I was reading the part about co-op. Is there any indication that they're going to patch it to support online, or is that just a fantasy at this point?

i sure as hell hope so so I can get those co-op trophies. It really wasn't much work to add split-screen as they were rendering it in 3D, so they just split the two renderings.

ascii42

KingOfKong said:
Oh lord the Move sucks so badly for melee. Sends your view spiraling if you miss. Needs to be able to be bound to a button. Fix this shit gorilla!
Yeah, I have the same problem.

Morn

Banned
I'm loving the multiplayer, and leveling really fast thanks to the 2x exp code. I like Tactician the best so far.

Oneself

mickcenary said:
So, in comparison to the SP demo, how does the retail game stack up? I'm guessing that it's much the same.

I, too, miss the motion blur-saturated, opressively cinematic look of KZ2, but if such has been compromised for more detail/a better overall look, then I'm happy.

It looks definitely better than Killzone2 and so far, it's better in every way. The demo felt like "K2 / more of the same etc." to me, so I wasn't hyped about the release.. but playing the whole game today, I am blown away. It's much better than I expected and everything just feels better than Killzone2. Also the pacing is right this time.

Dibbz

Can someone confirm that those 24 hour codes begin when you first start multiplayer, or do they begin as soon as you start playing the game at all, even single player?

Oneself said:
It looks definitely better than Killzone2 and so far, it's better in every way. The demo felt like "K2 / more of the same etc." to me, so I wasn't hyped about the release.. but playing the whole game today, I am blown away. It's much better than I expected and everything just feels better than Killzone2. Also the pacing is right this time.

Cheers! Good to hear. I loved KZ2, but yeah, I didn't think its pacing/set pieces were anything to write home about.

Tomorrowwwww.

thuway

DevelopmentArrested said:
wow.. what a horrible rushed ending.

Overall great great game but .... yeah.
Yeah this is my only complaint to the game. (along with having more control during on - rails sequences)

We play through the most epic of epic shit, and we get a .... yeah.

Dibbz said:
Can someone confirm that those 24 hour codes begin when you first start multiplayer, or do they begin as soon as you start playing the game at all, even single player?

Ditto on this shiz. It'd be a bit lame if it were the latter. I'm not going to power through the campaign in one sitting, that's for sure. Plus, I still need to hone my Move skills!

Facism

Dibbz said:

this is an important question the requires an answer.

Just finished it. Played through in one sitting. An absolutely amazing campaign with a terrible ending. You get a big boom and that's it. Where's the resolution damn it.

Morn

Banned
I believe it starts when you login to multiplayer. Mine is showing as a "Promotion Bonus" when adding up post-match EXP.

V_Ben

Banned
Retro Map pack is on the store for $4.99, glad to see that it's there day and date for people who didn't get it as a pre-order bonus.

oneHeero

Yay I'm back!! I was banned for a month so hard!

OMFG the sharpshooter is seriously worth the price. When I first started using move I was playing botzone in the beta and barely keeping a 1.2 kd or so. With Sharpshooter I'm getting like a 6.0 against bots :p but it was my first game. I didnt play the demo much and didnt play MP since I couldnt connect :\

I cant way to play with gaf. I pimped out my gun with the Helghast stickers and 1 Socom sticker, the one with the kill count LOL.

Graphics are hot shit. I play with a dinner table in front of me as I sit in a chair. I rest my arms on the dinner table since its perfect height. I get tired but can adjust my arms for a easy setup. I put a pillow on the table for added height and for comfort(elbows on table).

How can I get the old Killzone maps?

styl3s

oneHeero said:
Yay I'm back!! I was banned for a month so hard!

OMFG the sharpshooter is seriously worth the price. When I first started using move I was playing botzone in the beta and barely keeping a 1.2 kd or so. With Sharpshooter I'm getting like a 6.0 against bots :p but it was my first game. I didnt play the demo much and didnt play MP since I couldnt connect :\

I cant way to play with gaf. I pimped out my gun with the Helghast stickers and 1 Socom sticker, the one with the kill count LOL.

Graphics are hot shit. I play with a dinner table in front of me as I sit in a chair. I rest my arms on the dinner table since its perfect height. I get tired but can adjust my arms for a easy setup. I put a pillow on the table for added height and for comfort(elbows on table).

How can I get the old Killzone maps?
i must be using it wrong because i found the sharpshooter to be garbage

Tom Penny

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Just finished it. Played through in one sitting. An absolutely amazing campaign with a terrible ending. You get a big boom and that's it. Where's the resolution damn it.

Is it better than KZ2 campaign? Does anyone think it's worse?

oneHeero

TTP said:
Quickly tried the Sharpshooter at a local store and as I suspected it's not for me. Fast and precise turns are really difficult to pull off since you have to perform much bigger movement than simply flicking the wrist. It's very easy to "over-turn" and difficult to halt camera rotation timely simply because you have more body muscles involved compared to when using just your wrist. I had to turn on camera assist in order to minimize this issue but still, I couldn't line up my shots as fast and reliably as with the vanilla Move.

Another issue I have is with the jump button. They mapped it on the Square button to the side of the gun since your left thumb is on the stick, but accessing that blindly and timely ain't easy so you have to keep a finger on it. I ended up using the index for jumping, which forced me to operate the trigger with the middle finger and the Move button below it with the ring finger. It all felt quite awkward.

Also, reloading with either the pump or the bottom smash options is just too slow and causes the Move to tilt either up or downwards, fucking up the camera.

Melee worked fine.

Finally, I played for 5 minutes and I can still feel the pain in my shoulders.

Overall I think it's a nice peripheral for the single player mode (with assists on) and for simple shooters like Time Crisis or Extractions, but for online competitive play I'd definitely advice against it.

I love you TTP but I feel you giving it only 5 mins wasnt enough to get a good feel for it. I assume you were standing the whole time, when you play you sit down no? I too had a problem with Jump at first, but I got use to it rather quickly once you get a feel for the gun.
I think the pump is a seriously easy way to reload, I understand your concern with the cursor moving wildly as well, but once you get use to the sensitivity of it its easy to hold the gun still as you are reloading. On top of that you can reload via a face button..

And did you adjust your settings? I mean it seems like you tried it at a store, did you adjust the calibration settings yo your usual settings? If so, wouldnt you need to adjust it again given the different hold of the sharpshooter vs holding it freely? For that reason I think you need additional time to make a better response to it.

Granted, if you have spent more time than that, than I can just respectfully disagree. Love your vids TTP and they helped a ton in getting use to Move!!

Nekuru

Still trying to join a multiplayer game. Says loading and stays there for a long time. Can hear people talking but game still not loading after 5 min. Don't usually play multiplayer games on PSN. Is this normal?

Tom Penny said:
Is it better than KZ2 campaign? Does anyone think it's worse?

KZ2's campaign is one of my favorites but I'd say most people will like this one better. There's a ton of variety and the battle against the Mauler is one of the most amazing battles you'll ever encounter in a game.

oneHeero

Nekuru said:
Still trying to join a multiplayer game. Says loading and stays there for a long time. Can hear people talking but game still not loading after 5 min. Don't usually play multiplayer games on PSN. Is this normal?
No its not normal, I assume its launch day jitters if anything.

Facism

Morn said:
My SOCOM code doesn't work yet. Is that normal?

it's unlikely to work until the Socom beta goes up for download. There's no problem. You'll have to wait till they announce a date for it, if they haven't already.

Top Bottom