• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

Canova

Banned
I don't know if this is old or not,

PS3 KZ3 bundle

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004K324MK/?tag=neogaf0e-20

71bCW0GQMRL._AA1000_.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Animator said:
How many rockets does it take to destroy a exo in mp?

(Closed Beta)
If Exo vs Exo, I think it was 3, but they have to be direct hit, not splash damage
They took awhile to drop, and healed up after a certain amount of time
(The machine gun almost had an auto-lock feature built into it, and you could rack up a 5+ killstreak from halfway across the map, Cornith Highway was Mechs R' Us)

If the rocket launcher, I think 1 to knock you out of cockpit and 2 to completely destroy it, but don't hold me to it, I didn't unlock INFI stuff in closed beta, I worked mostly as MEDI in closed beta

The health given to the EXO was too much, so much spawn camping was done with them (GG took it into consideration and boosted bots damage/added new placements of bots around spawn area of EXO's so it cant be stolen by campers), and heaven forbid the other team has all 4 EXO's, (2 for each side, can steal the other 2) just quit, so much frustration just to drop them

StuBurns

Banned
H_Prestige said:
KZ3 actually has a slightly wider FOV than KZ2. You can see more of the character's hand.

Also, Helghan Industries is the best designed map in KZ2. Looks sick as hell too.
Strange, it feels more claustrophobic to me. Maybe it's been too long since I really played KZ2. I fired up the demo the other day, but didn't really play it.

DoomGyver

I haven't heard of a move bundle but it wouldn't surprise me. I have heard of a jungle green DS3 bundle.

Now they need a Sony bravia 3DTV/ps3/move/killzone3 bundle..

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Full Recovery said:
I haven't heard of a move bundle but it wouldn't surprise me. I have heard of a jungle green DS3 bundle.

Some stores near me are actually bundling Bravia 3DTVs and PS3s

Pachimari

I think K2 felt more claustrophobic to me.
The blur isn't as powerfull as in Killzone 2 right? Or is it the depth of field?
Because I didn't get a headache anytime during my completion of Killzone 3.

By the way, I scored Killzone 3 a 9 out of 10 in my review, and I wasn't a big fan of K2.

Ugh ok I bought into the Move hype on gaf and bought it today. I have only played the demo and two or three matches so I still need to find the perfect settings for me but holy crap is it godly to play with. In the beta I almost feel like I was cheating with some of the kills I was getting. I might need a nav controller though because it is awkward using the ds3. Does the nav make a big diff in comfort?

GraveRobberX

Full Recovery said:

So, total = close to $4000 LOL, if they do a -$500 cash back bonus = $3500, get 3DTV regular price, get everything else free /dreamscape.exe

Sony 3DTV - $3500.00 (2 pair of 3D glasses) [don't forget Sony is only 3DTV manufacturer that sells 3DTV without 3D emitter, can be bought for $50, not built-in like everyone else in the industry, hence why the have these Bravia's that are "3D Ready", but most likely thrown in, but this is Sony LOL]
PS3 - $300.00
KillZone 3 - $60.00
Move - $50.00
Nav - $30.00
Sharp Shooter - $40.00
PSEye - $20.00

Total = $4,000.00, don't forget tax lol, around $400, then Warranty another $400, so close to a $5,000 experience, who wouldn't want that

Edit: Fixed, thanks Full <3

CozMick

Banned
KingOfKong said:
Ugh ok I bought into the Move hype on gaf and bought it today. I have only played the demo and two or three matches so I still need to find the perfect settings for me but holy crap is it godly to play with. In the beta I almost feel like I was cheating with some of the kills I was getting. I might need a nav controller though because it is awkward using the ds3. Does the nav make a big diff in comfort?

The Nav Con is far more comfortable than the DS3, it may take a while to adjust to where the dpad and triggers are but once it clicks it feels amazing.

StuBurns

Banned
Anastacio said:
I think K2 felt more claustrophobic to me.
The blur isn't as powerfull as in Killzone 2 right? Or is it the depth of field?
Because I didn't get a headache anytime during my completion of Killzone 3.

By the way, I scored Killzone 3 a 9 out of 10 in my review, and I wasn't a big fan of K2.
The blur is a lot more restrained this time yeah, certainly for the better I feel.

That's a good score, I wasn't a big KZ2 fan at all, but I think the demo of KZ3 alone reassures me I'll greatly prefer it. What would you have given KZ2 for comparisons sake?

nib95

Banned
Jim said:
I assume most everyone plans on playing the game on the Hard difficulty?

I play all FPS games these days on the hardest unlocked difficulty available and in KZ3 it feels about perfect IMO. Some challenging bits
one part of the mech mission
but nothing annoying or tedious yet. It's intense but enjoyable.

I'm not quite sure why the story was hated on. Seems above average compared to most of the other FPS garbage out there.

Also, the game never gives you an excuse to really stop playing. There are no obvious "now loading" segments or breaks other than the story scenes, so I kept telling myself "just this one more objective" which inevitably lead to playing much more than anticipated.

Same here. Playing through it now, and the story has been entertaining, and the characters (or the scenario's they're involved in) interesting. Just more to add to the journalist ignore list if you ask me. Unless the second half of the game has a worse narrative.

DoomGyver

GraveRobberX said:
So, total = close to $4000 LOL, if they do a -$500 cash back bonus = $3500, get 3DTV regular price, get everything else free /dreamscape.exe

Sony 3DTV - $3500.00 (2 pair of 3D glasses) [don't forget Sony is only 3DTV manufacturer that sells 3DTV without 3D emitter, can be bought for $50, not built-in like everyone else in the industry, hence why the have these Bravia's that are "3D Ready", but most likely thrown in, but this is Sony LOL]
PS3 - $300.00
KillZone 3 - $60.00
Move - $50.00
Nav - $30.00
Sharp Shooter - $40.00

Total = $3980.00, don't forget tax lol, around $400, then Warranty, another $400, so a $5,000 experience, who wouldn't want that
You forgot the PS eye.

GraveRobberX

KingOfKong said:

To me it's an essential piece

Light and if you are ever interested in the Sharp Shooter peripheral it's necessary

The Nav feels so light, sometimes I forget it's in my left hand

I have wide hands, being a fatty, my fingers are like sausage bites, and hands are puffy so the Nav makes it comfortable to hold, the DS3 is just a pain cause your trying to grasp the whole thing with 1 hand (the weight) and you'll be using only half the controller

GraveRobberX

Full Recovery said:
You forgot the PS eye.

Shit, I knew I was forgetting something

PSEye - $20.00

GeoramA said:
I'd buy a Move bundle for sure.

KZ3, Move, Nav, PS Eye...price it around $120 and I'd get it.

More like $149.99

The regular Move bundle at the moment for $99.99 = Move, Camera, & Sport Champions

KZ3- $60
Move - $40
Nav - $30
Eye - $20

Total $150.00

No way Sony undercutting themselves with individual prices as they are

They might make the bundle special with maybe Move + Nav + Camera different color/skin

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
KingOfKong said:

I had one and sold it. The analog is smaller than a DS3 and it's slightly tilted down which makes it really aggravating having to push it to run. If you can rest your DS3 on your leg, and if they fix the broken L1/L2 setting, I'd stick to the DS3.

no 1080i support
ilIIes.jpg

Corto

GraveRobberX said:

PS3 - $300.00
KillZone 3 - $60.00
Move - $50.00
Nav - $30.00
Sharp Shooter - $40.00
PSEye - $20.00

Total = $4,000.00, don't forget tax lol, around $400, then Warranty another $400, so close to a $5,000 experience, who wouldn't want that

Don't know in NA but here in Europe (Portugal) the emitter is included and a Sony Bravia 3D LCD can be bought for half that. And 2-3 months ago Sony was having a promo that bundled a Sony 3D Bravia 42", a PS3, two glasses and GT5 for 1300-1500€

GraveRobberX

Corto said:
Don't know in NA but here in Europe (Portugal) the emitter is included and a Sony Bravia 3D LCD can be bought for half that. And 2-3 months ago Sony was having a promo that bundled a Sony 3D Bravia 42", a PS3, two glasses and GT5 for 1300-1500€

They do specials here too. Buy Sony 3DTV get free PS3 or some other shit

Most in NA buy the 46"-55" models for home use, if they are trying to make their own Home Theater setup

So $2500-$5000+

I bought my 65" Panasonic Plasma 3DTV (VT25), they threw in the 3D Avatar Bundle (2 extra pair of glasses (3 total, 1 came with the TV)+ Avatar 3D [movie is exclusive to Panasonic, goes for $300-$400 on ebay], and a 3D Blu-Ray player for $4000.00
(Got extended 4 year Warranty for $400.00 too)

alr1ghtstart said:
I had one and sold it. The analog is smaller than a DS3 and it's slightly tilted down which makes it really aggravating having to push it to run. If you can rest your DS3 on your leg, and if they fix the broken L1/L2 setting, I'd stick to the DS3.

no 1080i support
]

Don't see anything about custom soundtracks on there either..

GraveRobberX

coolcole93 said:
Don't see anything about custom soundtracks on there either..

Is there an icon that states custom soundtracks?

Hmmm... did not know this

Pachimari

StuBurns said:
The blur is a lot more restrained this time yeah, certainly for the better I feel.

That's a good score, I wasn't a big KZ2 fan at all, but I think the demo of KZ3 alone reassures me I'll greatly prefer it. What would you have given KZ2 for comparisons sake?
To be honest, I didn't play Killzone 2 that much, because I always got headaches. So I don't feel I can even rate that game. But I am a very strict reviewer, having only scored 3 games a 10 out of 10 in 9 years and a whole bunch of games below 5 lol.

I feel the multiplayer in Killzone 3 can become real exciting and I think the less blur is for the better as well!

plasmasd

Surprised how short story mode lasts. Maybe 8 hours for me, and I go through games very slowly. (Usually 30-40% longer than reviewers, and I played KZ3 on the hardest difficulty) Was a fantastic experience though. Best console shooter I've ever played.

It seems to me that I would say the vast majority of people on gaf that are playing this think the game is fantastic. I wonder why the contrast between the general populace and reviewers.

spwolf

GraveRobberX said:

PS3 - $300.00
KillZone 3 - $60.00
Move - $50.00
Nav - $30.00
Sharp Shooter - $40.00
PSEye - $20.00

i know you are trying to be funny, but you can get 40" Sony 3D Ready screen for 1k, $1.7k total for everything you listed here... or $2k for 46" TV + everything else you listed.

BruceLeeRoy said:
It seems to me that I would say the vast majority of people on gaf that are playing this think the game is fantastic. I wonder why the contrast between the general populace and reviewers.

The reviews haven't been bad though. KZ2 metacritic I think was a bit inflated due to many high score perfect 10 type deals that it got, while this is getting even from the positive reviews, bit lower with "been there done that... but it's good!"

Nizz

BruceLeeRoy said:
I'd like to know too. Seems like some people here think the story's not any worse than other FPS games yet that seems to be an issue to some reviewers. The game (going by the demo) is so much fun to play to me.

FML for not having a job still and not being able to pick this game up day one. Anyone know if they ever gave away those Helghast Edition prizes out yet?

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Did they ever announce the winners for that contest where you had a chance of winning if you played (lol) the beta?

Dug

Banned
Rewrite said:
Did they ever announce the winners for that contest where you had a chance of winning if you played (lol) the beta?
I'm pretty sure the first round of people have been contacted, I don't know when the second round of people will get contacted...

EDIT: The second round of winners will be contacted on February 17

Nizz

Dug said:
I'm pretty sure the first round of people have been contacted, I don't know when the second round of people will get contacted...

EDIT: The second round of winners will be contacted on February 17
God I hope I get to score that. Only way I'll be able to play the game day one.

nib95

Banned
Graphics in this game are just UNREAL. You guys are in for a BIG surprise if you think the demo level was in any way the games biggest graphical showcase. Some of these levels....the enormity of it all, the art, the geometry, detail, lighting, design, textures, everything...just bonkers. Easily the best looking console game for me personally. Even Uncharted 2 is left behind. Only thing is not all may appreciate the art direction, which is very bold, aggressive and harsh. Deep blacks, strong highlights, everything is contrasty and dramatic. The demo level was the most neutral and subtle I've come across so far in the campaign.

teepo

BruceLeeRoy said:

alot of reviews simply have to do with how well the PR's of the publisher treat the reviewers. or even sitting down and walking them through a games features and selling the reviewers themselves on the product.

there is a reason why PC games tend to have less inflation in their scoring, since they're never flown out to resorts to review games like Black Ops. it's always why they actually are critical of the games they're reviewing.. that is if you sit down and even read them. pc gaming \m/

but of course, no one realizes this. fuck meta scores.

nib95 said:
Graphics in this game are just UNREAL. You guys are in for a BIG surprise if you think the demo level was in any way the games biggest graphical showcase. Some of these levels....the enormity of it all, the art, the geometry, detail, lighting, design, textures, everything...just bonkers. Easily the best looking console game for me personally. Even Uncharted 2 is left behind. Only thing is not all may appreciate the art direction, which is very bold, aggressive and harsh. Deep blacks, strong highlights, everything is contrasty and dramatic. The demo level was the most neutral and subtle I've come across so far in the campaign.
IGN Graphics-9.5

A fucking joke.

nib95

Banned
On the AI. Playing it on normal whatever that was. And have died a surprising number of times. It's actually quite a bit harder than the same difficulty in the demo imo. And the AI is very impressive indeed. They seem to be aware of all their surroundings, and are very quick to change cover when necessary or stay behind cover too. They move around in orchestrated fashion so well you often get really scared as to how to progress. Because they never let you rest. If you stay pinned behind a spot, whilst one group keeps you pinned, the other will get around to flanking you and having you dancing around on your ass desperate for a breather. It's quite awesome really. The campaign is imo far superior to KZ2's. The pacing is pretty much perfect for me. Lots of slow moving take in the sights and build up steam moments. There are still the insane intense action pieces, but they are buried nicely within narrative and worldly exploration. Sort of like the second half of KZ2, only with more to see and observe. I generally dislike the Serious Sam style carnage of COD's single player, but here it's a more balanced affair.

One thing I dislike about the AI is how if you're spotted, all enemies know your exact location immediately as if they're all tuned in to the same eyes or something. I suppose that does make fire fights more intense and dangerous though.

Top Bottom