• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 3 |OT| The King Is Dead. Long Live The King.

amar212

jett said:
There seems to be a lot of on-rails sequences in this game too, for some reason.

I counted 4 on-rails - where somebody else is piloting and you have to shoot.

However, there are also 3 missions where you actually have full control of both movement and weapons of the vehicle/machine in full 3D-space during whole gameplay sections throughout the level.

Notice all above are made in different types of vehicles/machines.

And I don't find them made in order to favor Move, they are blended into story, make logic event-wise and environment-wise and they add a great level of variance during gameplay.

Pachimari

I got to agree, the on-rails segments are nice variety and blend in well with the overall gameplay. And it's awesome when you get to control the vehicles yourself. I'm speechless at the level I'm at, I think I'm nearing the end and it's magnificent so far.

CozMick

Banned
Bloody hell, how many review copies do we have in the wild?

Seems like I'm the only PS3 owner that doesn't run his own website for the free gooides.

Without spoiling it for me. . . is the endgame good?

Visari is in the intro and he's featured on the valentines sent out by Sony. . .please let him still be alive somehow.

george_us

You guys may want to check out Target. My local Target had copies sitting on the shelf but the guy wouldn't sell them to me. He said that the release date was the 15th but they changed it (aka realized they fucked up) to the 22nd. Some Targets may be actually selling them though.

Violater

Galvanise_ said:
Without spoiling it for me. . . is the endgame good?

Visari is in the intro and he's featured on the valentines sent out by Sony. . .please let him still be alive somehow.

Castro body double you say??

And I have never been a boxart snob but the logos on that thing is insanely overdone.

Violater said:
Castro body double you say??

Well there has been speculation ever since the ending of KZ2. He had blue/green eyes in the intro. . and hazel eyes at the end.

Unless Brian Cox said 'I don't want to do this anymore', I can't for the life of me see why they'd get rid of Visari permanently. He's just too fuck awesome.

A body double does make sense. Guerilla have clearly looked at world leaders for inspiration.

Orlock - Stalin.
Visari - Hitler etc

Cagen

Krakatoa said:
Maybe I missed it in the OT but is the game online coop as well? Or split screen only.

thanks.

Split screen only for the time being, might be patched in later but don't hold your breath.

I'm hoping this is the last Killzone for PS3. Killzone 4 on PS4 would be epic.

Maybe then we can have online co-op. That game will look epic.

Presco

Did not like Killzone 2. At all. Visually impressive unfun piece of junk with terrible controls.

This game is a different story. It's like the reverse of Halo 3 (fuckawesome) to Halo Reach (craptastic). Not sure exactly what changed but this game feels like a different beast. After playing the beta this game went from maybe purchase when it drops to $15 to day one purchase. Still looks amazing but now has the gameplay to back it up. Traversing through the environment is fun instead of a chore. Aiming and gunplay actually work. Still not a fan of the dualshock for FPS games so will probably use a 360 controller. Is there any tacked on sixaxis nonsense in this one like Killzone 2 (not talking about Move)?

Presco

StuBurns said:
Reach 'craptastic'? It's way better than 3.

Opinions of course. Campaign and Firefight are great. Matchmaking is a mess. I thought I'd be playing the game for years like I did with Halo 3 but I found I don't want to play Shadowrun 2.0.

Presco said:
Did not like Killzone 2. At all. Visually impressive unfun piece of junk with terrible controls.

This game is a different story. It's like the reverse of Halo 3 (fuckawesome) to Halo Reach (craptastic). Not sure exactly what changed but this game feels like a different beast. After playing the beta this game went from maybe purchase when it drops to $15 to day one purchase. Still looks amazing but now has the gameplay to back it up. Traversing through the environment is fun instead of a chore. Aiming and gunplay actually work. Still not a fan of the dualshock for FPS games so will probably use a 360 controller. Is there any tacked on sixaxis nonsense in this one like Killzone 2 (not talking about Move)?

There was a part in the demo where you needed sixaxis to plant a bomb so I'm guessing that it carries over to the campaign as well.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Called Best Buy to see if they were selling the SharpShooter attachment yet...Nope ; ;

The 22nd is it's release date (for a fucking peripheral?) to coincide with KZ3 launch

God I want that fucker now

Presco

OneMoreQuestion said:
There was a part in the demo where you needed sixaxis to plant a bomb so I'm guessing that it carries over to the campaign as well.

Damn, too bad. Maybe it can be toggled off in the full version. Not too big a deal I guess.

CozMick

Banned
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

What the Fuck have SCEE done to the SharpShooter?

353685ps_500h.jpg

Red? Fucking RED!!!!???!!!!

GraveRobberX

CozMick said:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

What the Fuck have SCEE done to the SharpShooter?

353685ps_500h.jpg

Red? Fucking RED!!!!???!!!!

I think it's due to those toy gun laws

In NYC there was a huge ruckus in the late '90's/'00's where fake toy guns looked more realistic than actual guns

Police got into many situations with those guns (1 was even for a 3 musketeers bar, silver, shiny, held in palm, etc. think kid was severely injured or killed)

You had to make the toy guns standout by using super vibrant colors

It's a law here

GraveRobberX

spats said:

Fuck me, Exo's in the Markets....WAT! (great they made it daytime)
That is ridiculous overkill, I await the bitching these Exo's will create

Ooooh BloodGracht looks awesome with the vegetation

Love how the dev says Blooodggggrrraaaccccchhhttttttt!!!!!, very Klingon!

SamuraiX-

So has anyone here actually used the Sharpshooter before or is it some new line toy that just came out on the market?

I was planning on buying KZ3 already, but now I'm really considering looking into picking up that gun controller too. I usually don't buy into gimmicks, but this one looks tempting.

COD games have laughably bad stories and don't get called on it, I doubt KZ3 has that bad of a story that it's going to hurt your enjoyment if you can get through those other big name shooters.

It looks tempting. Very tempting. I have a feeling Resistance will use it, but I can't remember if they confirmed Move support or not. If so, bought.

Looking forward to playing this. The Beta was fun, although I'm ready for for a new map.

Bread

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
So has anyone here actually used the Sharpshooter before or is it some new line toy that just came out on the market?

I was planning on buying KZ3 already, but now I'm really considering looking into picking up that gun controller too. I usually don't buy into gimmicks, but this one looks tempting.
It's brand new, I honestly don't think it's going to work as well as everyone thinks. I find myself flicking my wrist to turn corners quickly, and you would have to turn the whole gun peripheral in order to turn. I think it's going to suck in close quarters combat where you have to turn quick to shoot someone.

beast786

BattleMonkey said:
COD games have laughably bad stories and don't get called on it, I doubt KZ3 has that bad of a story that it's going to hurt your enjoyment if you can get through those other big name shooters.

Honestly, I have never understood any stories of COD beyond 4. I absolutely have no idea. Probably because i skip those loading screen with nauseating Map movements and some guy over voice of being in pain or pissed.

DMeisterJ

Banned
Cagen said:
You mean no Visari Hammer :(.

I'd take Radec over Salamun Market with Exos though. Way to ruin the best map you've ever designed Guerrilla.

I want some of what you're smoking.

edit:

I'm talking about wanting Radec over Salamun.

owlbeak

Violater said:
No Radec academy :(
Yeah...really going to miss getting spawn camped as ISA for the entire map.

That map was a total clusterfuck and I am glad it won't be coming back, personally.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
TrAcEr_x90 said:
it seems doubts are starting to fade.....

i cant not wait for this game. midnight launch. helghast edition?

Where midnight launch?! I only know of Wal-Mart, and there are none near me...

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Horsebite said:

That map was a total clusterfuck and I am glad it won't be coming back, personally.

Yeah, I liked that map, but it was absolutely terrible. No matter what side you were on, there was spawn camping from start to finish if the other team really wanted to. I would just throw grenades and C4 eveywhere in the middle and get all kinds of kills. I think they picked the best two retro maps.

Animator

Horsebite said:

Seconded. Never understood why people liked that map.

Top Bottom