• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver - returns Feb 12th 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
This show is great, why aren't more people talking about it? I'm literally laughing to tears at some of the jokes. Net neutrality piece was amazing, Nintendo thing has been great, that India news segment was also great, just to name a few. Gonna watch this regularly from now on.

Do we know how many episodes the first season will be?

From what I've heard, I think it'll operate like a traditional last night show in terms of schedule. There isn't going to be a 10, 12 episode "season", they'll just keep running it. They'll have weeks off though, and possibly a significant break sometime.

undrtakr900

Just watched the FIFA and Net Neutrality segments on youtube and Oliver is on fire with his hilariously witty satire. I'd say he's as enjoyable to watch as Stewart and Cobert.... since he's the 2nd person to get a [well deserved] show spin off of The Daily Show.

Burt

This show is so god damn good. I had already caught the FIFA segment online, but the entire lead up in the episode is just as good. Crazy to think this might've never been a show if Stewart didn't take last summer or whenever that was off.

Air

Banned
I'm definitely going to start watching this weekly. He's had way too many good stuff for me to ignore.

He has got to work Andy into the show. Perhaps some UK interviews. And a pun run torture. But none of the pseudo-historical Andy bullshit that Andy writes . . . it is tiresome.

Sundown

Banned
This is a brilliant show. I got tired of Jon Stewart's shtick on Comedy Central a while ago, and this being on a weekly basis, I'm really enjoying the summation of weekly events.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom