• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

Planet

I've been wondering about that. I've seen it mentioned as both a patch and a new game.
That's because one info is right and the other one is not. :D

It is a $/€10 upgrade (20 if you don't have the base game) with a new mode for VR, not a patch. And I am pretty sure you can play every existing mode in stereoscopic view through the headset too. I have a 3D TV and that is a great enhancement, believe me. With PS VR it should even be better.

Even resolution wise it should be at least on par, as the PS4 for some obscure reason has to go down to 720p for 60 FPS stereoscopic output, no matter what internal resolution is used. Trine dev talked about this in detail.

Planet

Yikes! :D

Everything is fine, though. There might be days with me playing late and them early. It's not like I'm gaming on a fixed schedule.

Got my new Move motion controller delivered by Amazon today. Strangely it had no proper packaging, just a plastic bag, a USB cable and wrist strap. It's charging at the moment, seems brand new, but odd that it didn't have the usual impenetrable plastic packaging.

Anyone else got one ordered from Amazon UK? Be interested to hear what you get when it's delivered.

Espiox

Got my new Move motion controller delivered by Amazon today. Strangely it had no proper packaging, just a plastic bag, a USB cable and wrist strap. It's charging at the moment, seems brand new, but odd that it didn't have the usual impenetrable plastic packaging.

Anyone else got one ordered from Amazon UK? Be interested to hear what you get when it's delivered.

None of the listings on Amazon UK right now are sold directly by Amazon. It's possible your order was fulfilled by a third-party seller.

TheBear

Is anyone buying VR worlds day one? I could've sworn at one point it was included in the box but sounds like it's been swapped for a demo. Anyone know what the demo for VR worlds consists of? Most of the experiences seem like something you would play once or twice and show to people new to VR, and I could just show them the demo rather than buying the full game.

Kyolux

I'm really sorry guys about the spam on PSN. I really thought this was a personnal list.

Edit: Created a community instead.

Espiox

Is anyone buying VR worlds day one? I could've sworn at one point it was included in the box but sounds like it's been swapped for a demo. Anyone know what the demo for VR worlds consists of? Most of the experiences seem like something you would play once or twice and show to people new to VR, and I could just show them the demo rather than buying the full game.

VR Worlds was only ever part of the Launch Bundle (with the camera and 2 motion controllers). The regular edition includes the demo disc.

Yakkity

I always thought Playroom VR was the only.freebie you get. Even newso of a demo disc was fairly recent to me. I think the demo disc has a scene from London Heist and a short scene from the deep sea one (The Deep?). On that subject I've only ever seen passive action from this 'game'. Are there any interactive parts to it?

TheBear

I am.

I really enjoyed the (truck) demo of The London Heist, and I really want to play the full game, which is part of VR Worlds. Every other game on the disc - some of which I've also played demos of - is a nice bonus.

Oh ok, any idea on the length of the full experiences on the paid version? Curious to see some reviews for it now

Kyolux

Has anyone heard anything about that VR thing from The Walk it was just a promotion to advertise the film but if I can try it I would like to.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kYhZEREhbsI

Did the Plank on Vive yesterday. It didn't work for me. I get easily nauseous usually when characters fall in videogames. Even in 3rd person. But in that.. I fell it was kind of heh.. whatever.. I think my meds might be related to that though.

farisr

I would add my PSN to the list, but I won't have a PS4 till Nov 10th, so no idea how many of you will still be playing. Probably best to arrange something around that time rather than now.

On that note, it's gonna suck having the PSVR right in front of me and not being able to play it for nearly a month.

Soi-Fong

So anyone here who's buying Summer Lesson, do you guys know which PSN card I should get from Play-Asia? Not sure how taxes and stuff work on the Japanese PSN store.

draw4wild

Will Star Wars Battlefront Vr be available as a stand alone download? Or should I just go and find a cheap copy of battlefront this week?

Carl

Just watching some videos of Robinson and it looks really cool! I was only intending to buy RIGS and DriveClub VR at launch (with Tethered when it releases) but may have to add this game to that list...

The problem is, Amazon UK seems to have hardly any PSVR games up for preorder and i'm not sure why. They don't have Robinson up. Guess i'll have to find it elsewhere.

Just watching some videos of Robinson and it looks really cool! I was only intending to buy RIGS and DriveClub VR at launch (with Tethered when it releases) but may have to add this game to that list...

The problem is, Amazon UK seems to have hardly any PSVR games up for preorder and i'm not sure why. They don't have Robinson up. Guess i'll have to find it elsewhere.

Robinson has fallen way off my buy list since it's not Move compatible. It almost seems misleading since you're holding a tool that looks like a Move controller.

farisr

Robinson has fallen way off my buy list since it's not Move compatible. It almost seems misleading since you're holding a tool that looks like a Move controller.
Oh it's definitely misleading, since despite keeping up with quite a bit of the news for this game in terms of structure and seeing a few gameplay videos here and there, I had no idea that the game wasn't being controlled with a move controller for that very reason.

That seems strange. It was just one single controller? I've seen the two packs boxed up, I wonder if they are just breaking down those boxing to sell individually

Cross post from another thread as this one seems to be more active with users who have some knowledge:

So I currently have my PS4 hooked up to a monitor with a HDMI to DVI cable. Now with that breakout box, is it going to work like this:

- PS4 to breakout box (HDMI to HDMI)
- Breakout box to monitor (HDMI to DVI)

If so, can this be permanently setup even for regular games? Or do I need to switch cables all the time?
Also, if it can be used as a permanent setup, does the box create some additional input lag (as the signal needs to go through it instead of directly to the TV)?

farisr

Cross post from another thread as this one seems to be more active with users who have some knowledge:
The breakout box is designed to be a permanent addition to the setup for folks with a VR headset, and it will run in an entirely passthrough capacity when playing games regularly without the headset turned on. Don't think input lag is going to be an issue at all, it's one of the things Sony would've focused on when designing it.

majik13

VR Worlds was only ever part of the Launch Bundle (with the camera and 2 motion controllers). The regular edition includes the demo disc.

Both versions Core and Launch will have the PSVR demo disc. Launch will also have VR Worlds game disc.

Soi-Fong

Both versions Core and Launch will have the PSVR demo disc. Launch will also have VR Worlds game disc.

Yup launch bundle is just a really good package in general.

Here's what my launch list is looking like:

Rigs
Rez: Infinite
Battlezone
Robinson: The Journey
Playstation VR Worlds
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Here they Lie

And one foreign title in Summer Lesson.

Chris_C

Is there a confirmed date for windlands?

Also what's the difference between eve gun jack and Valkyrie?

From a gameplay perspective, Gunjack sees you in a fixed position rotating turret, shooting waves of enemies.

Valkyrie puts you in the cockpit of a free flying fighter and tasks you with destroying enemy ships and carriers. Valkyrie is the more substantial offering of the two, and was built for desktop/console VR, while Gunjack is a mobile port.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Is there a confirmed date for windlands?

Also what's the difference between eve gun jack and Valkyrie?

2 entirely different games. Gunjack started out as a samsung gear VR game, which then got enhance ported to Oculus Rift/HTC Vive, whereas Valkyrie was released straight to PC.

As such Gunjack is obviously significant smaller in scope, features simplier control scheme, cheaper price, no multiplayer etc

Yup launch bundle is just a really good package in general.

Here's what my launch list is looking like:

Rigs
Rez: Infinite
Battlezone
Robinson: The Journey
Playstation VR Worlds
Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Here they Lie

And one foreign title in Summer Lesson.

Robinson is day one?

They lost a bit of my interest when I found out it is gamepad exclusive. I mean, the thing he has in his hand is straight up a Move controller.

I'm still interested but what a missed opportunity.

AlexIIDX

Kotaku listed the X-wing mission as a launch title today ... Have we heard any actual date for it?

I watched a youtube vid recently and a dev just said "this holiday season".

edit: side note, do we know at all if party chat will be available with psvr running? Or will games have their own communication set up. I hope we can still use party chat so I can talk with friends in different games.

I watched a youtube vid recently and a dev just said "this holiday season".

edit: side note, do we know at all if party chat will be available with psvr running? Or will games have their own communication set up. I hope we can still use party chat so I can talk with friends in different games.

I can't see why party chat wouldn't still work, all the base ps4 os should be available. Psn messages might be a bit different tho, as the resolution of the headset (per eye) is lower and small text can be difficult to read.

Top Bottom