• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

Thewonandonly

If this is how you plan on spending time in VR, then REZ Infinite was made for you sir. Safe travels.

O my god I totally forgot about that game ya thats the one. And of course that's not the only reason im getting VR but it will be tight to try it once. Thank you :)

Fisty

O my god I totally forgot about that game ya thats the one. And of course that's not the only reason im getting VR but it will be tight to try it once. Thank you :)

No worries, hopefully one day we can get TxK and a Katamari on PSVR too, those would be some awesome experiences when ripped

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Oh man, I wish we'd never pushed that term so much when we were first demoing stuff. It was only used because we didn't at the time want to commit to what titles we may or may not be making =)
A Collection of Mini Games then.

Wholeheartedly disagree
Eve Valkyrie
Battlezone
VR Worlds < tech demos
RIG's
Super Stardust VR
Until Dawn Blood Rush < short experience
and few digital only titles compared to just a few
Assassin Creed Blackflag
Killzone Shadow Fall
Battlefield 4
COD Ghosts
Need for Speed Rivals
Fifa 14
Madden 14

Lol that's hardly fair is it, a brand new platform and way of gaming compared to massive budget cross gen titles! There's only shadowfall out of that list that didn't also appear on the previous gen with 150 million consoles sold. Be a little realistic please.

Wholeheartedly disagree
Eve Valkyrie
Battlezone
VR Worlds < tech demos
RIG's
Super Stardust VR
Until Dawn Blood Rush < short experience
and few digital only titles compared to just a few
Assassin Creed Blackflag
Killzone Shadow Fall
Battlefield 4
COD Ghosts
Need for Speed Rivals
Fifa 14
Madden 14

Of those games only KZSF and Need for Speed were real PS4 launch games. All the other games were already out on previous platforms.

Shoeless

Short experiences with a platinum trophy?

Yeah right.

That game has a lot of rollercoaster levels.

To be fair, some games with platinum trophies can be pretty short. That indie game, Virginia that came out on the PSN recently is only about 2-ish hours long on your first play through, but it has a platinum trophy that can stretch your replay clean-up.

DavidDesu

Welp. Got me £50 PSN credit for £46 off of one of those codes sites. Not bad.

Driveclub VR preordered!

The same site was doing a US PSN code for Battlefront for £15! I had the game on disc before but sold it. Really wanting it again and basically NEED it for the X-Wing mission. £15 a ridiculous price for owning it digitally on my console ready to go. So happy!

I kind of want to get Summer Lesson but not sure where I can get Japan PSN store codes. I hope they do a demo of that game you can at least download. I just want to know what the presence of the virtual character feels like, not sure if I'd buy the full game until it gets English dubs or at least subtitles (wonder how that'd work in VR).

Day one for me is mostly going to be the demo disc and the full Driveclub VR. Will wait on Rigs/Battlezone until I've played the demo. Super Hypercube looks great, would love to get Rez since the impressions have been absolutely glowing. Not sure how much I want to spend though day one, lol. The above was bought thanks to my Paypal Credit balance, don't want to totally tan my balance though, haha.

Good times!

UploadVR posted an article today claiming that Robinson: The Journey releases October 13th:
http://uploadvr.com/50-days-ps-vr-10-robinson-journey-may-ps-vrs-grandest-adventure/

Carnival Games VR releasing as digital only title on October 11th:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/carnival-games-vr/136466

This one was previously thought to release on October 28th.

Both of these haven't been confirmed by devs but I would gladly accept them as launch titles :)

Welp. Got me £50 PSN credit for £46 off of one of those codes sites. Not bad.

Driveclub VR preordered!

The same site was doing a US PSN code for Battlefront for £15! I had the game on disc before but sold it. Really wanting it again and basically NEED it for the X-Wing mission. £15 a ridiculous price for owning it digitally on my console ready to go. So happy!

I kind of want to get Summer Lesson but not sure where I can get Japan PSN store codes. I hope they do a demo of that game you can at least download. I just want to know what the presence of the virtual character feels like, not sure if I'd buy the full game until it gets English dubs or at least subtitles (wonder how that'd work in VR).

Day one for me is mostly going to be the demo disc and the full Driveclub VR. Will wait on Rigs/Battlezone until I've played the demo. Super Hypercube looks great, would love to get Rez since the impressions have been absolutely glowing. Not sure how much I want to spend though day one, lol. The above was bought thanks to my Paypal Credit balance, don't want to totally tan my balance though, haha.

Good times!

PlayAsia has the 3,000 YEN one for $33.99. That's for the digital code, but I don't know if anywhere else would have it cheaper.

Maligna

Banned
Soi what are we expecting from the press on the 5th? Full blown PSVR reviews or just initial impressions?

Either way, someone should probably make a thread compiling all the articles. Hopefully they are all glowing and we can get a thread full of people regretting cancelling their preorders.

DavidDesu

PlayAsia has the 3,000 YEN one for $33.99. That's for the digital code, but I don't know if anywhere else would have it cheaper.

Sorry for my laziness but how much is Summer Lesson, guessing about 3,000 Yen then? Translates to about £30 for me. Hmmm. I hope they can bring this to the west. I know it's not so easy, and perhaps not so palatable... hmmm.

I would love a genuine Japanese language learning tool that looks as good as Summer Lesson. Attractive teacher that you choose... nice relaxing settings, one to one tuition using voice recognition, taking advantage of all VR has to offer, so learn through experience rather than staring at a text book. I think it could be incredible and a far better learning tool than anything else.

Humdinger

Gold Member
Soi what are we expecting from the press on the 5th? Full blown PSVR reviews or just initial impressions?

Either way, someone should probably make a thread compiling all the articles. Hopefully they are all glowing and we can get a thread full of people regretting cancelling their preorders.

Oh, we have press on the 5th? I missed that.

Carnival Games VR releasing as digital only title on October 11th:
http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/carnival-games-vr/136466

This one was previously thought to release on October 28th.

Nice bump if true. But 2K were still saying Oct 28 just a couple of days ago. Neither dev or publisher have said anything different as far as I can tell.

UploadVR posted an article today claiming that Robinson: The Journey releases October 13th:
http://uploadvr.com/50-days-ps-vr-10-robinson-journey-may-ps-vrs-grandest-adventure/

I hope so. This was always supposedly a launch game, but Crytek seem reluctant to give a clear answer on the matter. Hopefully this means they've got a marketing event set up rather than a late delay to announce.

Sorry for my laziness but how much is Summer Lesson, guessing about 3,000 Yen then? Translates to about £30 for me. Hmmm. I hope they can bring this to the west. I know it's not so easy, and perhaps not so palatable... hmmm.

I would love a genuine Japanese language learning tool that looks as good as Summer Lesson. Attractive teacher that you choose... nice relaxing settings, one to one tuition using voice recognition, taking advantage of all VR has to offer, so learn through experience rather than staring at a text book. I think it could be incredible and a far better learning tool than anything else.

I believe I read that somewhere. I'm looking for it currently, but I swear it's 3,000 YEN.

EDIT: Yep, it's 2,980.

DavidDesu

Thank ShadowKingpin for the reply!

By the way, I'm guessing the RE7 demo is already compatible for PSVR as it is..? Anyone know. I know people have played that demo in VR, is the version I've got all ready to go? I don't think I'd last more than about 30 seconds before noping out, but I'd still love to try it.

Thank ShadowKingpin for the reply!

By the way, I'm guessing the RE7 demo is already compatible for PSVR as it is..? Anyone know. I know people have played that demo in VR, is the version I've got all ready to go? I don't think I'd last more than about 30 seconds before noping out, but I'd still love to try it.

Anytime! Yeah, I believe the RE7 demo is also on the demo disk for the US when you purchase the headset.

EDIT: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/12/all-the-games-on-the-playstation-vr-demo-disc/

majik13

I never played the original Rez, but played Rez Infinite, so I am not a pro and didnt really know exactly what I was doing, it was cool. But Thumper I was able to get into quickly and really zone out. Super cool and intense. Id def give that a look. Rez also has some crazy camera turns that I can see some people not enjoying...

DavidDesu

Anytime! Yeah, I believe the RE7 demo is also on the demo disk for the US when you purchase the headset.

EDIT: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/09/12/all-the-games-on-the-playstation-vr-demo-disc/

Ahh that's the Kitchen demo, will be cool to see that! I just noticed at the bottom that article it states:
The demo disc will also be available for download at PlayStation Store for free after PS VR launches

Excellent, means I can get hold of all those demos in the UK using my US account! Launch day is gonna be fun, just waiting to find out if I'm working that day. Probably be doing a full day shift and so miss the delivery and have to wait ages to play it.. :(

Smidget

Snagged preorders for the launch bundle at a few places. Definitely want one. Should I let them fight it out and see which gets here first? Only one I can't return to a B&M is Amazon. Would probably want to keep my BB one for reward points though... I'd hate to cancel some preorders and have the ones I didn't cancel get delayed :x

I'm just chomping at the bit here to experience proper VR for the first time. I have a Cardboard and it's impressive for what it does, but it's also extremely limited even though I definitely could see the potential.

But games like Super Hyper Cube and Batman and EVE are probably games that I'd never try playing on a normal TV, I'd NEED to experience them in VR lol.

I'm also excited to see what my family think of it, they thought the Cardboard was cool, but i have a feeling this is gonna blow their minds ;)

Oh btw, could someone try putting the PSVR headset on my avatar, pls? Many thanks if you could :)

Ahh that's the Kitchen demo, will be cool to see that! I just noticed at the bottom that article it states:

Excellent, means I can get hold of all those demos in the UK using my US account! Launch day is gonna be fun, just waiting to find out if I'm working that day. Probably be doing a full day shift and so miss the delivery and have to wait ages to play it.. :(

I work as well, so I'm hoping to god I can nab one at a store that day. I'm an Assistant Store Manager, so of course I have to work the entire day and wasn't able to preorder the headset months ago due to switching jobs and having low funds. I'm praying like hell that nobody in my town cares to blow $400 for a headset on Thursday.

I'm just chomping at the bit here to experience proper VR for the first time. I have a Cardboard and it's impressive for what it does, but it's also extremely limited even though I definitely could see the potential.

But games like Super Hyper Cube and Batman and EVE are probably games that I'd never try playing on a normal TV, I'd NEED to experience them in VR lol.

I'm also excited to see what my family think of it, they thought the Cardboard was cool, but i have a feeling this is gonna blow their minds ;)

Oh btw, could someone try putting the PSVR headset on my avatar, pls? Many thanks if you could :)

You will LOVE SuperHyperCube. It's an incredible experience.

Looks like $10 for the upgrade. Looks easily worth it. My launch lineup is looking like this:

• Super Stardust Ultra
  • Rez Infinite
  • DriveClub VR
  • SuperHyperCube
  • Battlezone (is SSDU making this redundant though?)
  • PlayStation VR Worlds

I'm picking up the launch bundle and this is my exact launch list as well; but with the addition of Batman VR. I'll also pick up Volume when it gets a physical release next month through Limited Run Games. Futuridium will also be receiving a VR patch and I have that physical release too.

Is SuperHyperCube locked in for 10/13?

Edit: Sweet, looks like DriveClub VR will be $19.99 for DriveClub season pass owners like myself.

Tagg9

Are there any launch day PSVR games available for digital pre-order? All I can find is 100ft Robot Golf, which I don't care about. And I have a 20% voucher that expires tomorrow at midnight. =(

Belfast

That's the second impressions video I've seen that mentions an apparently wider FOV than the Vive.

By 'apparently' I mean it seems wider than it is - you m guessing that's an optics trick, as the FOV for PSVR is listed as 100degrees and the OR& Vive at 110.

It's almost entirely the nature of the lenses from what I can tell.

Burglekutt

Are there any launch day PSVR games available for digital pre-order? All I can find is 100ft Robot Golf, which I don't care about. And I have a 20% voucher that expires tomorrow at midnight. =(

Rez is up. Check the fine print on the 20% off. Sometimes sony doesnt let you use those on preorders.

sn00zer

Just FYI since a lot of ppl dont know. Super Hyper Cube is at the demo stations, but you need to request it since they dont really encourage it.

Briarios

I feel like Sony really needs to put out a list of launch day releases. I'm shocked that even has to be said ... I can't think of a major hardware launch where there were still questions about what would be out on launch day this close to release.

I feel like Sony really needs to put out a list of launch day releases. I'm shocked that even has to be said ... I can't think of a major hardware launch where there were still questions about what would be out on launch day this close to release.
What are you talking about? What launch titles are unclear?

mhayze

PS4 is my gaming system and Eve Valkyrie is all I need to know I'm buying Morpheus. Never before has a game trailer had such an effect on me. I literaly was out of breath first time I saw it.

Everything else will be a bonus. A huge bonus.

Also I should add I'm on the team 'VR will change everything'.

I really enjoyed Eve Valkyrie the first few hours I played it (on Rift), but I wish they'd borrowed more of the combat / story style from the older X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter series from Lucasart's halcyon days. Even a simple direct port of those games to a VR platform would be a complete system seller / killer app, IMHO.

The OP of this thread (Sangetsu) asked Sid Shuman on the PS Blog about this and he said: "We&#8217;re putting this together, more soon". I'm hoping they're finalizing it tomorrow so you can pre order once the embargo lifts. That would be ideal.

Edit: I also think the reason it's not out yet is due to the sheer volume of titles that want to come out on Oct. 13th.

Top Bottom