• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Talk About PlayStation VR: List of Upcoming Titles

Briarios

What are you talking about? What launch titles are unclear?

A lot - Robinson, X-Wing, a lot of the indie titles. Many are just "launch window" not knowing if can purchase it next Thursday. Nine days before launch, Sony should easily be able to say this is the list of games you can buy on the 13th. It shouldn't be left to fans to scrape the information together from dozens of sites, which is exactly a what is happening. Look how much work (much appreciated work, by the way) our thread curator is going through to give us a list.

Heh, I just realized it was Sangetsu that asked the question in those comments :D

A lot - Robinson, X-Wing, a lot of the indie titles. Many are just "launch window" not knowing if can purchase it next Thursday. Nine days before launch, Sony should easily be able to say this is the list of games you can buy on the 13th. It shouldn't be left to fans to scrape the information together from dozens of sites, which is exactly a what is happening. Look how much work (much appreciated work, by the way) our thread curator is going through to give us a list.

I think one of the VR devs in the thread mentioned that finalizing the dates has been unusually slow/hard due to the amount of games all trying to come out on day one.
It's true though, they need to put up an official list with pre-order links atleast by the time the embargo ends on those game reviews/impressions.

I really enjoyed Eve Valkyrie the first few hours I played it (on Rift), but I wish they'd borrowed more of the combat / story style from the older X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter series from Lucasart's halcyon days. Even a simple direct port of those games to a VR platform would be a complete system seller / killer app, IMHO.

Since you mention story, was there at least some story?

kyser73

So I messengered PS Australia about Rez & they 'couldn't tell' me when it will be available on the EU (which Australia comes under) store.

9 days before release, and its available on the US store already. Am srsly considering cancelling my preorder buying it from the US store even if I have to fight through buying a US PSN card from Australia...

I also think the reason it's not out yet is due to the sheer volume of titles that want to come out on Oct. 13th.

I wonder if Sony's digital publishing process is showing the strain from the volume of launch titles. I guess that all games must have passed certification and QC prior to announcing a date, but the process of actually packaging everything for release may have a backlog.

I read on one site (maybe EG or 6thAxis?) that they were going to struggle to get reviews for all launch games up for day 1. It's going to be crazy that there will be page after page of reviews between the 5th and the 13th.

Will there be separate GAF OTs for the major releases? Or is Sangetsu's OT the one thread to rule them all?

I reckon Tumble is going to be one of the sleeper hits for PSVR, worked so well with the Move. It was my second favourite after table tennis. Can't wait for next week - preorder kept!

Are either of those rumored as launch titles? As far as I know, Sony never said they were so I don't know why you would expect that they are. Either way if the game isn't a Sony game, there really isn't much they can do about it.

There are plenty of games confirmed for launch already. Go on the store on day one and download the games you want.

DavidDesu

That's the second impressions video I've seen that mentions an apparently wider FOV than the Vive.

By 'apparently' I mean it seems wider than it is - you m guessing that's an optics trick, as the FOV for PSVR is listed as 100degrees and the OR& Vive at 110.

You can really slide the headset super close to your eyes, just seems like the headset shape and design allows it to perhaps get that crucial extra cm or two to your eyeballs, so yeah it does fill your vision pretty well. In my brief Driveclub demo I had the end of race timing sheet (or maybe it was pre race option menu) as a big box in front of me filling my field of view. When I looked to the extreme corner of my vision I could still see the corner of this box, although there was a sort of blurry line through it. At the very edges of your vision however so it doesn't really impact in gameplay, but when trying to look at stuff to the extreme edges, you can see it, but there's like a blurry line in that area all around your extreme periphery. Then again I thought maybe the lens for my left eye in my demo was just blurry cos it maybe hadn't been cleaned properly, so who knows at the moment!

This was from a very brief hands on. The sliding mechanism to get it so close feels SO good by the way. Very satisfying button click to disengage the display and it mooces super smoothly along what I can only gues is like a rail. When you stop pressing the button it solidly just stays in place. Will be great for quickly moving the headset away when you need to do something in the real world, no need to remove the headset once you've got it locked into place snugly on your head. The design is leaps and bounds superior to the other "premium" headsets.

KORNdoggy

so, i have an AV receiver for my surround sound set up. so currently my PS4 connects to my receiver via HDMI, and then that connects to the TV via HDMI. i guess with the breakout box for VR it would look something like this:

PS4>break out box>reciever>TV?

will this create any issues? like lagging audio or something? will i still get surround sound from my PS4 when not using my VR headset? will the break out box need power all the time so the HDMI in/out work?

Briarios

Are either of those rumored as launch titles? As far as I know, Sony never said they were so I don't know why you would expect that they are. Either way if the game isn't a Sony game, there really isn't much they can do about it.

There are plenty of games confirmed for launch already. Go on the store on day one and download the games you want.

That's not good enough -- just go to the store and get what you want? That's ridiculous, and a terrible way to do a launch. And, yes, different outlets have had different dates on a bunch of the releases. Sunday, Kotaku listed X-Wing as a launch title and yesterday UploadVR listed Robinson as a launch title. The confusion wouldn't exist if Sony just provided some clarity. There has been very poor communication and coordination for this launch on the software side.

KORNdoggy

That's not good enough -- just go to the store and get what you want? That's ridiculous, and a terrible way to do a launch. And, yes, different outlets have had different dates on a bunch of the releases. Sunday, Kotaku listed X-Wing as a launch title and yesterday UploadVR listed Robinson as a launch title. The confusion wouldn't exist if Sony just provided some clarity. There has been very poor communication and coordination for this launch on the software side.

why is it sony's job to determine launch dates for third party software? i'd understand your complaint if sony was claiming robinson and x-wing were launch titles, but even the people who claimed they were have no affiliation with sony. blame dice/crytek/kotaku/uploadVR they're the one with the wrong info

so, i have an AV receiver for my surround sound set up. so currently my PS4 connects to my receiver via HDMI, and then that connects to the TV via HDMI. i guess with the breakout box for VR it would look something like this:

PS4>break out box>reciever>TV?

will this create any issues? like lagging audio or something? will i still get surround sound from my PS4 when not using my VR headset? will the break out box need power all the time so the HDMI in/out work?

This is the same setup I'll be using.

I wouldn't have thought that there would be significant extra latency passing through the PU.
When it's passively routing HDMI to the amp it won't be changing the signal, so surround sound will still work.
However, the PU does need to be powered for it to do HDMI passthrough.

Mikeside

why is it sony's job to determine launch dates for third party software? i'd understand your complaint if sony was claiming robinson and x-wing were launch titles, but even the people who claimed they were have no affiliation with sony. blame dice/crytek/kotaku/uploadVR they're the one with the wrong info

Because it's Sony's product that they're launching and it only benefits them to have a set-in-stone launch lineup that people can look at and drool over whilst selecting which games they're going to play on their new toy over that first week.

It helps make the launch an event which draws more people towards it.

CyberChulo

Are there any launch day PSVR games available for digital pre-order? All I can find is 100ft Robot Golf, which I don't care about. And I have a 20% voucher that expires tomorrow at midnight. =(

Yes. This is about to happen to me. Do they let you apply the code to preorders? When I tried to pre order Rez, it didn't give me a field to put in the code.

Are there any launch day PSVR games available for digital pre-order? All I can find is 100ft Robot Golf, which I don't care about. And I have a 20% voucher that expires tomorrow at midnight. =(

Weird the Japanese store has a whole PSVR section while the NA store is pretty mum in comparison.

Varth

Still not sure on Hustle Kings price. If I buy the 9,99 mega pack, how much is it for the VR add-on? The PS Store doesn't tell.

KORNdoggy

Because it's Sony's product that they're launching and it only benefits them to have a set-in-stone launch lineup that people can look at and drool over whilst selecting which games they're going to play on their new toy over that first week.

which they gave. the likes of robinson and x-wing were never a part of it. so why is it sony's problem that people thought they were? crytek and dice need better PR if anything. or kotaku/uploadVR need to do a google search before touching a keyboard?

Again, those aren't sonys games. If they aren't published or developed by Sony, it's not up to them to decide when they come out.

Does the website for Robinson have a release date posted? Last time I checked it didn't. So that means crytek hasn't announced one. How does that fall on Sony?

But Sony has announced a bunch of games available at launch. If it's not announced it's safe to assume they aren't planning on the game being a launch title. If it's a third party title it's really out of their hands. Should Sony list every game that's NOT available at launch to clear things up?

opie211

Anyone know how much SportBar VR is going to sale for?

My list is looking like this so far

• Rigs
  • PSVR Worlds
  • Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
  • Eve:Valykrie
  • Sports Bar VR
  • Tethered

Mikeside

But Sony has announced a bunch of games available at launch. If it's not announced it's safe to assume they aren't planning on the game being a launch title. If it's a third party title it's really out of their hands. Should Sony list every game that's NOT available at launch to clear things up?

Let's be honest - they've not done a great job of showing off what that launch lineup is. There should be a prime spot on PSN where you can see everything, they should have placeholder boxes on shop shelves and they should have worked with big online retailers to do the same on the PSVR page for Amazon etc etc.

They haven't done that, and that's a bit silly. It's no wonder people aren't quite sure about all these games that are coming out later on.

I mean, I only just found out about Super Stardust & I've been looking at PSVR stuff since it was announced.

That being said, hopefully on launch day they'll have fixed these issues, at LEAST on PSN.

I can't wait.

Experien

I think I'm only going to get Rigs and Rush of Blood. hoping Star Wars, RE7 demo, and VR demos will be good enough for a little while.

Also, crossing my fingers that they patch Aliens with VR.

I've had a PSVR on pre-order with Game since March.

I've never done a major pre-order like this before, so about how near to release do I get any email saying they are going to take payment/ship etc? I'm a bit nervous that I'll get bumped and that I'm not successfully in the 1st batch of folks getting it day 1.

Also, do Game post it the day before release day, to make sure day 1 actually means day 1, or do they post it on day 1, so i have to wait til day 2?

Espiox

Well I hope it's a launch game... I wanted it to be my first VR game...

If not I'll go with Batman or Rogue One VR Mission...

Rogue One VR Mission is also not a launch game.

I've never done a major pre-order like this before, so about how near to release do I get any email saying they are going to take payment/ship etc? I'm a bit nervous that I'll get bumped and that I'm not successfully in the 1st batch of folks getting it day 1.

Also, do Game post it the day before release day, to make sure day 1 actually means day 1, or do they post it on day 1, so i have to wait til day 2?

They should send you an email when they start processing the order and taking payment, and then you should get it delivered ON launch day.

My understanding with Game was you had to pay for PSVR upfront, certainly in the early days, otherwise they tend to take payment a week before, make sure your card is upto date on the website. Not sure about hardware posting but games have all turned up on time recently.

At this point my line up looks like
Batman
PSVR worlds (because it comes with the bundle)
Rez
Here they lie

Batman and PSVR worlds since these two seem like cool intros to VR. Just a fun way to mess around with the tech and show it off.

Rez and Here they lie, which both seem like much more like complete game experiences. People know Rez at this point and Here they lie, while probably only a few hours long at least seems like it's gameplay focused.

There's some other stuff I'm interested in but will try off the demo first.

Edit: does anyone know if the new area in Rez is separate and unlocked from the start? Or do you unlock areas as you progress through the game?

My understanding with Game was you had to pay for PSVR upfront, certainly in the early days, otherwise they tend to take payment a week before, make sure your card is upto date on the website. Not sure about hardware posting but games have all turned up on time recently.

Thanks folks. My Game account says payment by PayPal and I can't change it online/won't wait in line on the phone. I have have several cards for use on Paypal. How will that work? Will they ask me to confirm which card? Is it 1 day before shipping/3 days etc? basically, I;m checking ym email every day hoping to pull the trigger.

Volume will have VR day 1 if you don't have it already can use it on that great game and crossbuy so get it on vita too.

Thanks folks. My Game account says payment by PayPal and I can't change it online/won't wait in line on the phone. I have have several cards for use on Paypal. How will that work? Will they ask me to confirm which card? Is it 1 day before shipping/3 days etc? basically, I;m checking ym email every day hoping to pull the trigger.

I don't use paypal sorry, assume there is a default are you sure it has not been taken already?

Are you near a store or just phone your local store not centeral line sure they can answer your questions also don't they have live chat, could try that.

Sorry i try and avoid Game unless something is an exclusive, and only bought 1 bit of hardware from there and that was a replacement ps3 due to a really good offer, if they say day 1 providing payment goes through you should be fine.

goonergaz

Anyone know how much SportBar VR is going to sale for?

Pretty sure it was $20

I think you need to make sure you have funds to be 100% sure. They will also not deliver until the day of release, it may dispatch a week before but don't get excited - I think they have a holding bay which is most frustrating!

Planet

Regarding all those games that aimed for launch day but haven't reported in in the last few days: keep calm! Sony is getting flooded with requests, there hasn't been a week anything close to being this packed yet.

They will figure it out for most releases, and the few they will probably screw up will be a week late. The new releases blog entry next week will be a good long read. :D

Espiox

Are you near a store or just phone your local store not centeral line sure they can answer your questions also don't they have live chat, could try that.

Don't call local store staff about web orders - they have no involvement with website operations and can't help you (the only thing they could do is call web customer services same as you would :p )

All Game orders up to very recently are guaranteed for launch, so don't worry about that. Just make sure you have money available in PayPal/your bank account ready for when they take payment.

Thewonandonly

Regarding all those games that aimed for launch day but haven't reported in in the last few days: keep calm! Sony is getting flooded with requests, there hasn't been a week anything close to being this packed yet.

They will figure it out for most releases, and the few they will probably screw up will be a week late. The new releases blog entry next week will be a good long read. :D

And they better all damn well be good summaries or Collin is going to have a conniption fit ;)

Weird the Japanese store has a whole PSVR section while the NA store is pretty mum in comparison.

Let's be honest - they've not done a great job of showing off what that launch lineup is. There should be a prime spot on PSN where you can see everything, they should have placeholder boxes on shop shelves and they should have worked with big online retailers to do the same on the PSVR page for Amazon etc etc.

They haven't done that, and that's a bit silly. It's no wonder people aren't quite sure about all these games that are coming out later on.

I mean, I only just found out about Super Stardust & I've been looking at PSVR stuff since it was announced.

That being said, hopefully on launch day they'll have fixed these issues, at LEAST on PSN.

I can't wait.

US PlayStation Store has a PSVR Section, it's just on the PS4 only for now. It's in the trending section has 14-19 titles up if i'm not mistaken.

Kyolux

Was looking at the store on my phone a few minutes ago and they seem to have added a bunch of games. No pricing/dates in Canada yet though.

US PlayStation Store has a PSVR Section, it's just on the PS4 only for now. It's in the trending section has 14-19 titles up if i'm not mistaken.

There is a PSVR filter on the EU store now. It's under 'game type'. It says 14 titles, but only lists 12. It's probably removed the Driveclub and Hustle Kings upgrades that I'm not eligible for.

Top Bottom