• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LTTP: Life is Strange

Decider

I did
save Kate though.
And Warren is great you take that back!

No way! Warren is a "nice guy" but just look at little details like the way he sends you a passive-aggressive text if you
kiss Chloe
or how quickly he
moves on to Brooke
. He's a manipulative little pig. ;)

No way! Warren is a "nice guy" but just look at little details like the way he sends you a passive-aggressive text if you
kiss Chloe
or how quickly he
moves on to Brooke

How
do you tell him youbkissed Chloe?
Or was at after you sacrifice her?

gogosox82

I really didn't like the ending.
It makes sense to NOT use your ability to go back in time. The game constantly tells you, "you cannot change the past and its better to live with your decisions" but in the ending, they want you to use your ability one more time and this will magically fix everything by letting Chloe die?
Makes no sense and you get no closure if you sacrifice the town instead of sacrificing Chloe. The whole last episode was kind of weird tbh with Mr. Jefferson being a serial killer, the wierd stealth section, etc
. Still a good game and I enjoyed my time with it but really didn't like how the game doesn't respect your choices.

kiss Chloe
or how quickly he
moves on to Brooke
When does he
move on to Brooke? I must have missed that. Or maybe it's because I didn't reject him in my game haha.
A big reason I like him is because he
gets rocked by Nathan trying to protect Max and then returns the favor. You better believe I didn't let Max hold him back haha. Plus he has some really thoughtful and nice things to say in some of his conversations.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
The whole last episode was kind of weird tbh with Mr. Jefferson being a serial killer, the wierd stealth section, etc
. Still a good game and I enjoyed my time with it but really didn't like how the game doesn't respect your choices.
Jefferson was so obviously a serial killer. He was so creepy from the beginning, and the way he treated Kate. UGH!
Basically what I tell people when I recommend the game is that the world building and big details are complete crap, but on a personal level it was pretty brilliant in my opinion, if a little heavy handed at times. But overall, it's very enjoyable if you don't actually think about any of the details. Or it all falls apart like a house of cards.

DigSCCP

I dont know why but after finishing LiS my feeling was : "really? why is everyone hyping this?".
The game have not clicked for me at all.
After every chapter I was waiting for the moment where it would grab my attention but it never happened.
Sam is a very boring protagonist.
The rewind feels bad explored plus it kills a lot of the tension of taking decisions. In some moments I could say it is a pace breaker cuz you have to do somethings exactly in the order the game wants and if you dont you get stuck in the rewind loop.
The plot feels so uninspired so cliche and obvious.
It was one of the biggest disapointments I had this gen.
As someone who really enjoys the genre and with all the hype around the title I was expecting a great experience wich LiS never gave me.

I dont know why but after finishing LiS my feeling was : "really? why is everyone hyping this?".
The game have not clicked for me at all.
After every chapter I was waiting for the moment where it would grab my attention but it never happened.
Sam is a very boring protagonist.
The rewind feels bad explored plus it kills a lot of the tension of taking decisions. In some moments I could say it is a pace breaker cuz you have to do somethings exactly in the order the game wants and if you dont you get stuck in the rewind loop.
The plot feels so uninspired so cliche and obvious.
It was one of the biggest disapointments I had this gen.
As someone who really enjoys the genre and with all the hype around the title I was expecting a great experience wich LiS never gave me.

Whew, LiS isn't blowing my socks off (I just finished Ch 2 last night and
NO I COULD NOT SAVE HER
, but man, some folks like to really embellish that they didn't like a game.

It's not the OMG STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING NOW kind of game, but it's not bad, either.

I mean, games like this, a lot of the hype concerns talking with other people IRL about your decisions and the outcomes and comparing playthroughs. When you're 2 years removed from the discourse, yeah, you're missing a large component of the game.

I did think what happens to Katie was predictable, though. But I'm not sure that the developers cared about you being table to predict that so much as they cared what you did about it.

I do agree that Max is boring, but the game is trying to recapture that stage in life where everyone is raised to believe their special and then they come to realize that they aren't. She is that avatar of "Notice me, Senpai" while everyone else copes with these feelings through negativity like Victoria or sex like the cheerleaders/jocks, and rebellion like Chloe.

For me, the game is not a reminder that HS sucks but it certainly is a reminder that I am so glad that I am done with it.

Cyborg

Im also LTTP to this. Love it so far!

Got tqo questions:
1.How hard is it to Platinum this?
2.Is it easy to miss pictures and if so can you go back to take the necessery trophy poctures?

Rellik

Im also LTTP to this. Love it so far!

Got tqo questions:
1.How hard is it to Platinum this?
2.Is it easy to miss pictures and if so can you go back to take the necessery trophy poctures?

1. Very easy, it's practically just taking all pictures
2. They are easy to miss just playing the game, but there is a 'collection mode' where you can replay every chapter of the game to get the missing photo. It even shows you in which scenes you are missing a photo, so you won't have to replay much.

I recommend to just play the game without thinking to much about the pictures and just get what you find on your way and if you feel like it, get the missing ones with a guide afterwards.

shaneo632

Good game, really impressive visuals for an episodic game (take note, Telltale). Dialogue made me roll my eyes quite a bit but at least the VA was good.

Dantrist

I hate not knowing whether or not
the homeless woman survived (I told her about the storm and sacrificed the bay).

Rellik

I hate not knowing whether or not
the homeless woman survived (I told her about the storm and sacrificed the bay).

She thanks you for the warning in the nightmare. If you don't warn her, you'll find her dead body.

Top Bottom