• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 12 Man League can finally start

Mrbob

Matrix got a taste of things to come with our Madden exhibition game last night! :D That was my best air attack I've ever had. Oh and I hope you liked my pressure defense in the 2nd half. :p After I got burned by Johnson on that long TD pass I got much more aggressive on D. First play of the 2nd half I blitzed his strong side with a linebacker causing him to throw the ball and my safety picked it off and returned it for a TD! Everything just sort of steam rolled from there. :D

drey we gotta play our game tonight. But I won't get home until 8:30Pm central time.

Drey1082

That's what I thought. It actually works out well for both of us. It keeps you from getting a loss if I were to win, and it keeps me from getting a loss (keeping me slightly ahead of french in the division) :D I didn't plan it this way. I would love to make the game up if possible, but dont' think it is.

hgplayer1

yeah I play Bob this week. Bob I can meet you after 8:30 tonight. Ive been kinda burnt out from work and didnt really realize where we were in this league.

Bob your best bet is to get online with Madden and go to the league lobby to see who your next opponent is. I print screens from the website regularly to wipe my ass with.

Ramirez

I never said it wasn't,I just said you guys try to blame the website for not knowing who to play,when all you have to do is click schedule.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mrbob said:
Matrix got a taste of things to come with our Madden exhibition game last night! :D That was my best air attack I've ever had. Oh and I hope you liked my pressure defense in the 2nd half. :p After I got burned by Johnson on that long TD pass I got much more aggressive on D. First play of the 2nd half I blitzed his strong side with a linebacker causing him to throw the ball and my safety picked it off and returned it for a TD! Everything just sort of steam rolled from there. :D

drey we gotta play our game tonight. But I won't get home until 8:30Pm central time.

You were friggin blitzing me with a cornerback everytime,you would take control of the cornerback off screen and run in with super speed ..whatever,anyway you played my bro in the whole 4th quarter if you want to know,I got sick of watching you play that way half way through the 3rd.

I didnt know that style of D was allowed in league play,cause I have yet to play anyone that does that.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I also noticed that the you moved the cornerback a few times near the line and came in with the blitz while you were playing my bro,I think you sacked his ass 5 times or more in the 4th.

We were having a really good game where you were up by three after I had made the td to Johnson and then you started playing like a nyc 42nd street whore with a bag of tricks.I have never played anyone from GA and Ive never even played you before where you did that shit....I dont know why you decided to start playing that way cause you didnt even start that bs till the 3rd.

I continued to play the whole 3rd in disgust and wanted no more of it,I could have went for the mercy loss but I wanted to watch how you were playing,thats why my bro played.Something tells me thats the first time you have ever played like that,cause Ill be in shock if you do that in league play and no one complains about it.

bob didn't play that way against me. what exactly is he doing? controlling the CB and blitzing in? call 3 wide to his side and throw to the slot receiver. i know its a pain in the ass, but the way the game is setup its impossible for the SS to get over and cover a quick slant if the CB is going to blitz. cheese against cheese i guess :(

Mrbob

Hey Matrixdouche, go cry to yo momma and not me. :D

Every player I blitzed with was a planned blitz within the scheme. That's why you saw me changing between Cbs and linebackers. The play at hand called for a blitz and I blitz with the player THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BLITZ BECAUSE OF THE SCHEME CALLED.

I'm not going to let you sit back in the pocket and let those slant plays develop. Now go cry elsewhere or make a legitimate complaint. I didn't take anyone out of coverage to blitz.

I beat you 52-10 dude. I had three 70+ yard TD passes against your blitz when you had single coverage man. It can be beat you just need to hit the open receiver. I was blitzing with differnet plays in zone coverage. You held onto that ball a long time in the pocket.

Matrix

I didnt want to play cheese against cheese fmt :( I wanted to play a pure straight up game which we were doing,I guess he got pissed about the Johnson td :\

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Hey Matrixdouche, go crying to yo momma and not me. :D

Every player I blitzed with was a planned blitz within the scheme. That's why you saw me changing between Cbs and linebackers. The play at hand called for a blitz and I blitz with the player THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BLITZ BECAUSE OF THE SCHEME CALLED.

I'm not going to let you sit back in the pocket and let those slant plays develop. Now go cry elsewhere.

My slants develops? I wasnt even throwing slants,I couldnt even get screens off cause of your cheap bs.

I'm not going to argue with you anymore...you know what the score was before you started playing cheap and my bro witnessed your bs too..whatever.

Mrbob

You were doing it in the 3rd quarter before you go that fg. You kept on slanting to the same guy on the left and calling hurry up offense. And there was nothing I could do. I was in man coverage at the time and he kept on getting open the exact same way three plays in a row. After that I decided I was going to blitz and not let that happen again.

Don't complain about me cheating when I played good D. Like I said, I didn't take anyone out of coverage to blitz. I called different plays, and I blitzed you from both sides to keep you off balance. You could have easily beat the blitz by running. The running plays you were getting were getting you 6-7 yards a pop. The problem was I was up 24-7 at the time and I knew you would keep on passing so I kept on blitzing. Am I suppose to lay off and let you back in the game?

Ramirez

If you were manually movin a CB up to the line and blitzing a good majority of the time,thats cheese,I've played way to many random people that do it,and please don't pull it in league play.

Mrbob

Ramirez said:
If you were manually movin a CB up to the line and blitzing a good majority of the time,thats cheese,I've played way to many random people that do it,and please don't pull it in league play.

No.

I switched to the CB or LB. I didn't move them till the ball was snapped KTHX. So what am I supposed to do? Sit back in coverage when the play I called says for this player to blitz? Please.

Ramirez

Whatever,I find it hard to believe he would complain about something in a exhibition game unless it was cheap.

Let the cpu blitz,its far too easy to be successful if you do it yourself everytime.

Matrix

I DID THAT CAUSE I WAS PISSED ABOUT YOUR BS D! I did that slant and no huddle 3 times and easily got down the field,but I knew it was bs so I stopped,I could have ran that shit on you all day,but I didnt.

I'm done fighting you on this...I know what my eyes saw,you can say im full of it all day I dont care,you played cheese and I could have too for the whole game but I didnt..its as simple as that.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
I DID THAT CAUSE I WAS PISSED ABOUT YOUR BS D! I did that slant and no huddle 3 times and easily got down the field,but I knew it was bs so I stopped,I could have ran that shit on you all day,but I didnt.

I'm done fighting you on this...I know what my eyes saw,you can say im full of it all day I dont care,you played cheese and I could have too for the whole game but I didnt..its as simple as that.

Sorry dude you are wrong. I was up 17-7 at the half. First play of the 2nd half I got a pick and returned it for a TD to go up 24-7. The next drive is where you constantly did that slant play and got into field goal range. So I started blitzing. And the only reason I got so many sacks is because you held onto the ball too long. That's the truth.

I don't trust the CPU to take correct angles all the time in blitzing schemes. That's why I took control of the blitzing player manually. I don't understand how this is cheese. I really don't. I didn't move my guy up in any way. I didn't move him till the ball snapped. It usually took me a good 3-5 seconds to get to your QB. How is this cheese? Throw some short passes and don't go for the big bomb. But to come in your and whine and call me a cheeser is weaksauce.

Ramirez, there are two sides to every story and you didn't even play in the game yet you talk like you did. I don't know if Matrix is your buddy or not so you feel the need to defend him but back off. I take the accusation of cheese seriously and I don't like it when I'm not doing anything out of the ordinary but calling aggressive plays and afterwards getting accused of being a cheeser. You can accuse me of playing good aggressive defense when I have the opponent down so if I guess if that consists of being cheesy then I'm guilty.

Ramirez

No,Im just looking at the situation here logically,why would anyone complain about an exhibition game?On top of that why would you come in and brag about it?

I just know that what he describes has happened to me oh so many times and its cheesy as fuck,it would be picked up in real life,but its a videogame,so we shouldn't abuse some faults of the game.

And I could really care less if you don't like me accusing you of cheese :p Don't play in ways that people would consider cheese and you won't have to worry about it...I've called Matrix out on some stuff in our last game,I've called DM out in NBA, and I've called Cmdr out in NFL,your not special,so don't feel as if Im siding with someone here.

Mrbob

What am I bragging about? The only thing I was doing was being tongue in cheek with Matrixdouche because he kept on sending me AIM messages about how badly he was going to beat me down in Madden. I have a little right too gloat! :D

And I'm not changing my playstyle when I get burned by slant plays. I'm not letting anyone get back in the game by giving up huge chunks of yards to those plays. First time I get hit by a slant play it's on and I'm blitzing. Like I told FMT I played someone else who did the same thing to me on an entire drive. It took me until the next drive to figure out how to beat it. I know how to beat that play and that is not giving the play enough time to develop. Change your playstyle up and run at my blitz in the interior. Or do a short pass. He had too many empty backfield plays. On a couple of pass plays with two running backs in the backfield blocking he stopped my blitz. Change your gameplan and adapt to the situation at hand. Don't come crying here when you keep on going for big bomb plays and get sacked.

Matrix

I'm just going to say one more thing cause I want this to end...

I know how to pass,I know how to get passes off,I know not to hold onto the ball long,I lead the league in passing,I know how to read a blitz or my passing stats woulnt be so high..I can go on about this,but I'm not and dont say I came in here to whine,cause you came in here to brag about a nothing game in this here league thread.

Fifty

Mrbob said:
Don't come crying here when you keep on going for big bomb plays and get sacked.

P1210071.jpg

You talking to me?

Mrbob

Matrix said:
I'm just going to say one more thing cause I want this to end...

I know how to pass,I know how to get passes off,I know not to hold onto the ball long,I lead the league in passing,I know how to read a blitz or my passing stats woulnt be so high..I can go on about this,but I'm not and dont say I came in here to whine,cause you came in here to brag about a nothing game in this here league thread.

Obviously not good enough against me. :p

Anyway, the only reason I brought up some stats is because you accused me of cheesing. Look at my first post on the subject. I was being tongue in cheek AND I purposefully didn't bring up the score. I threw for three 70+ yard TD passes against your blitz that game. And they were all fly plays straight up. How come you didn't consistently burn my blitz if you are the "best passer in the league"? After all the shit you spouted to me on AIM for weeks dude you awoke a sleeping beast. :D My game was spot on. I'd say the final score was indicative to me playing the game of my life agaisnt you playing a sub par game, but I was ready to go. It wasn't like it was my "cheese" that beat you. I drove up and down that field on you on offense. I have the worst passing in the league yet I threw nearly 400 yards against your D! Call it the bizarro game if you will but lay off the cheese talk. I don't want to argue with you but I will defend myself and explain every situation against any and every accusation you make of me cheesing.

No offense intended Matrix (Even though you are a disastros fan HA HA HA), but you seem to be in the center of most arguments between the Madden, ESPN NFL, and ESPN NBA leagues. :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm the worst player in this league. I don't know what happened, I used to be good at this game, at least decent.

Bob and I have played a bunch, and he's a legit player. He does blitz a lot but that is indeed beatable as FMT described.

Matrix

Wellington said:
I'm the worst player in this league. I don't know what happened, I used to be good at this game, at least decent.

Too much Espn for you...screwed you up.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Matrix said:
Too much Espn for you...screwed you up.

Yup.

ESPN I can run four plays and have incredible success. My offense was no joke in season one. Here in madden I choose a good 10-15 different plays and they do look alike so I get crushed.

bob maybe you missed it, but the round advances tonight @ 10:42 pm. can you play tonight? otherwise im going to have trouble getting the game in within a timely fashion due to work and travel considerations this weekend.

dont worry buddy it'll be a quick win for me so you can get your much-needed beauty rest

Mrbob

GG hgplaya. I gotta stop fumbling the damn ball on punt returns when I play you lol! Two punt returns my guy fumbled in two games and they both were returned for tds!

Drey1082

hey wellington.. I'm going to be out of town this weekend, but I'll be back sunday afternoon. Any time sunday is cool with me.

Mrbob

I have the FMT curse in this game.

Anything and everything that can go wrong will go wrong when I play him! :D

here are some key items in my 28-10 victory over bob:

* Bob got a 77 yard TD on his first drive, up 7-0

* Bob, up 7-0 and at midfield, decided he was cocky mcgee and threw into coverage. jamie winborn said "hey fella that pass looks mighty delicious, can i have it?" and grossman said "Gee I dont know sir my mom said I shouldn't talk to strangers or give away turnovers..." and winborn said "C'mon man ill give it back dude!" and grossman said "well... ok i guess. but you promise" and then winborn said "BOOYAH BITCH! im giving it back after we score SUCKA!"

* Bob threw another INT shortly after which i scored on, 14-7

* my backup runningback had nearly 100 yards rushing + 3 TD's on bobs "great" d

* Bob couldn't convert his one opportunity in the redzone into a TD, having to settle for a fg on the short field.

* Bob ran a grand total of 10 times in the game

* Urlacher got bitched time and again by my sweet ass blocking

anyways, another game of woulda coulda shouldas for bob against me. YOU CANT BEAT ME BOB! you never have and you never will, call it the curse of jgar!

Never%20Forget.jpg

karma.jpg

Top Bottom