• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 12 Man League can finally start

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Ramirez said:
If it got the stats it will eventually load the score if the past is anything to go off of.

Well, that certainly didn't happen with me and Slo. We got the stats, but ended up with a tie.

dskillzhtown

Ramirez said:
Oh :( I was talking from my experiences...

It seems like a 50-50 thing.

As far as the roster update, I have read November 19th is the date, along with upgrades to the website and the online service itself. Already, the Premium Pass members have their own room to play in and the Premium Pass members are in Yellow instead of the White everyone else is in.

Fifty

Well at the rate this season is moving (fixed 3 days..duh) we'll begin season 2 in about 21 days + playoffs. Basically a month. New people could join, but I'm not confident we have another person who can meet the strict deadline of our league. We'll have a new thread in the coming weeks to guage interest....although I seriously doubt we'll find, or quite frankly, need anyone else if this core group remains intact.

Mrbob

Sorry HGplaya I passed out early last night. Tuesday is a long day for me and I was exhausted when I got home. I'll be good to go for sometime tonight after 6PM Central time.

Fifty

Slo said:
We still on for tonight 50?

Yes we are. I'll be ready any time after the Raptors game, but 11 is the set time. Hopefully we'll both be there on time, since we don't have much room to move.

hgplayer1

Mrbob said:
Sorry HGplaya I passed out early last night. Tuesday is a long day for me and I was exhausted when I got home. I'll be good to go for sometime tonight after 6PM Central time.

ok Ill be ready

dskillzhtown

Mav, we have to get this game in tonight. Hit me on AIM or here.

edit - We got our game in. So not another tie for me. Hopefully that is the last time I have to play Mav this season.

Fifty

That game was sooooo sloppy. One of the weirdest I've ever played. Second game in a row I lost Boller....And with Kordell this team is beyond worthless on passing downs. You stopped the run well...and my blocking seemed to not be there. We converted 5/24 3rd downs or something like that, and I was on the edge of my seat (playing safety, in case you went deep) all game. My offense was so fucking ugly....I really don't think I can win the championship with this team.

Slo

Good game, I was heart broken when I lost. Yeah, my offense was sloppy and I suck on 3rd down, but I did practice an awful lot for this meeting and thought I played better then usual. I actually expected Kordell to be an improvement over Boller, but you're right, man does he suck! You had open receivers, but Slash couldn't make the throws. Losing Boller kept me in the game.

Ray Lewis is the man. 10 tackles, 2 sacks and that back breaking int for the TD. I would have guessed more sacks than that. I swear I thought that guy knew my plays at the line. /Portis

Just an FYI, you should pass more on first down. Your stats on the league page show that you run 65% of the time on first down so I stacked the line. Your run blockers didn't show up tonight, but I still thought it really helped me stop the run, and allowed me to play 100% pass on 3rd down since you usually had 7 or more yards to go.

Slo

Ramirez said:
Fifty,when do you want to get your THIRD beatdown of the season? :D

Can we trade players in this league? I'd like to trade Peyton Manning to the Ravens for exactly 1 game.

Ramirez

No,Boller isn't his only problem,even if he had Manning he still doesn't have anyone to throw it to,lmao!

But that doesn't matter,you guys could have the NFC/AFC Pro Bowl teams and I'd still win :D :D

Drey1082

FrenchMovieTheme said:
drey when do you want to play? i need this game badly! anyways post here or IM me

Are you going to be around saturday durring the day? That would probably be the best time for me. I should be around all day saturday.

saturday i should be around, but i would prefer to play early on saturday (10 am - 2 pm pacific time or so) because i have to write my mid-term and i have to study for a management test [/usless info]

Drey1082

FrenchMovieTheme said:
saturday i should be around, but i would prefer to play early on saturday (10 am - 2 pm pacific time or so) because i have to write my mid-term and i have to study for a management test [/usless info]

Sounds good to me.

dskillzhtown

Slo said:
Tommorrow it is then.

Slo, what time do you want to play? I only have to go to EB to pay off Halo 2, then I am free the rest of the day. So anytime after 11 Central.

Slo

I'm taking my munchkins to see The Incredibles today, so it'll have to be tonight. One of the best things about parenting is that it gives you and excuse to watch cartoons! :D

Mrbob

Ok DM the earlier the better now! I won't get home until like 5:30PM Central, but I have to leave ASAP. But I need to get that Madden game in so lets get this thing done tonight KICKY FAST.

DMczaf

Mrbob said:
Ok DM the earlier the better now! I won't get home until like 5:30PM Central, but I have to leave ASAP. But I need to get that Madden game in so lets get this thing done tonight KICKY FAST.

Where are j00!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Mav,I'll be online at 11 pm eastern time,if you dont show we both get a tie......I dont mind :p

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WOW thats all I can say about the game I just had with Fifty...what are the odds that Fifty would miss a GW 45 yd fg with 5 seconds left and then in OT I take a kickoff return with Moses into the endzone for the win...man what luck for a change.

GG man,even though I'm sure you want to kill me right now.

Fifty

I don't want to kill you. I want to kill myself.

I never thought I'd say this, but I let my team down.
I managed to hold you to 17 points with my pitiful offense. Let me preface this by saying that the hitstick is not overpowered. I gave up a TD in regular time because I hitsticked early (Very frustrating...I wanted to use the defensive playmaker to move a safety into zone, but just as I did this, the ball was snapped so my safety went into the hit stick animation and gave up the big play for a TD). Then we got into OT by some offensive miracle of mine (I could have won it, but I missed the FG, 33 ACC...lowest in ages...what luck) and on the opening kickoff I got greedy and took the most important tackler and just fell on my face doing a missed hitstick tackle. On kickoffs one mistake, especially by a user can easily burn you, and it did.

Matrix

Yea I saw those messed up hitstick moments,I also noticed you had control of the closest guy near moses so I went for the spin and you went flying bye....lucky for me.

I was so pissed I had missed two fg's that game,I was tempted to ask you for tips after the game,but seeing you blow that fg for the win...well lets just say I changed my mind about that :p

Imo that was a gg,considering how shitty my team is on D and how shitty your team is on O.

Fifty

Yeah...it was a GG, and since the mistakes were clearly mine I can accept the loss (YA HEAR THAT ESPN??)

Since the Ravens have such a weak offense, I've become really good at FGs...I hit almost every one, and I had 53 yarder earlier in the game....Maybe it was the cinematic camera angle, I haven't been in that situation in quite some time...or my hands were sweaty, whatever...I choked :p Now I hope Mav loses...or gets another tie.

Matrix

Most likely a tie...dude is hardly around :\ And I didnt see him online,I made it online at 11:10 I believe...either he didnt wait around for me or he never went on.

mission: accomplished

dm had to go down, and he had to go down hard. now, to those of you in the AFC, do your job and get 2 out of 4 from DM so i can claim the division, nay CONFERENCE, title! bob is a creampuff and i own him 2 games to none, but i need to finish a game ahead of DM to get the spot in first. i know you guys can help me!

Matrix

I can beat Dm....I know I can! Deep in the heart of Texas Dm will taste defeat whenever I play him again.

matrix you play him in the 2nd to the last week of the season. dont let me down buddy, i'll do my part by beating Dskillz and everyone else from your conference (yourself included :D )

Matrix

:lol Thanks.

Slo

Mav, would you like to play tonight, or maybe Tuesday? I'd prefer not to play Monday night because of the Vikings game. When's good for you?

Top Bottom