• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 12 Man League can finally start

Maverick

Shit, im slowly falling behind in this league because I can't get my goddamn games played. I just got ties for the TEXANS and SLo. :( :( :(

Fifty

Maverick, you really need to find a way to get your games in, or just tell us beforehand so that no time is wasted. Whether it's saying upfront when you think you might be able to play, or finding another way to do it (PMs, AIM, whatever). I appreciate the fact that you're part of the league and seem to regret the missed games, and if there is literally nothing you can do about this, then I'm sorry...because if you were to have left we couldn't replace you....but if there is any way you can make sure to check the boards, or check the league page in these final weeks it would be very beneficial to the entire league.

Drey1082

dskillzhtown said:
Later is better. I have to go to my folks' place this evening. I should be back by 9 though.

Sorry, i think we're going to have to try for tomorrow, I told my halo clan i'd be on at that time. What about 7 central tomorrow?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Drey1082 said:
Sorry, i think we're going to have to try for tomorrow, I told my halo clan i'd be on at that time. What about 7 central tomorrow?

Tomorrw is fine, as long as we have that time before the deadline.

Ramirez

Well I got literally ass raped,I'll be surprised if I win another game all season,the game felt for foreign to me after all of those straight Halo 2 marathons I've been pulling,lol.

But it doesn't help that my line was not blocking worth a shit and I had about 5 fumbles by my QBs in just 2 qtrs. :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
You lost two in a row....wtf world are we living on.

hgplayer1

Maverick said:
Shit, im slowly falling behind in this league because I can't get my goddamn games played. I just got ties for the TEXANS and SLo. :( :( :(

I think you play me next. youre militant black right?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
GG Bob,that played like an Espn game for awhile.

Mrbob

Yeah. Your tight end was going crazy for awhile there. Double coverage, triple coverage, didn't matter. He was coming down with that ball! :lol On the other hand my tight end couldn't catch an open pass to save his life. :(

One question for madden vets. How the hell do you lob pass in this game? I had a couple ints this game where my receiver is wide open behind the defender in zone coverage. I try to lightly tap the pass button but my QB still guns the pass and it gets picked off for an int! :( That one INT you had was crazy though. That LB jumped almost 10 feet in the air to grab that. :lol

Fifty

one of two things is happening

1) You're pressing the pass button too hard

or

2) What you think is the "QB gunning the pass" is a lob and you're crazy :lol

Matrix

:lol

Yea I could have sworn that int I caught with the LB who jumped 10 ft in the air was a lob, it seemed to float into my hands after I jumped....maybe I'm blind Bob :(

PS- Sorry Fmt,but cousin David is coming for you....whoooooo! Week 15 the Texans will make history with their first ever 3 game winning streak.
nfl896_lower.jpg

hgplayer1

Mrbob said:
Yeah. Your tight end was going crazy for awhile there. Double coverage, triple coverage, didn't matter. He was coming down with that ball! :lol On the other hand my tight end couldn't catch an open pass to save his life. :(

One question for madden vets. How the hell do you lob pass in this game? I had a couple ints this game where my receiver is wide open behind the defender in zone coverage. I try to lightly tap the pass button but my QB still guns the pass and it gets picked off for an int! :( That one INT you had was crazy though. That LB jumped almost 10 feet in the air to grab that. :lol

I still havent figured out the lob pass either. I think you also have to lead your receiver to actually get it over the top but Im not sure how to do that correctly either.

Slo

Wellie, you're going to have to pull yourself away from Halo2 long enough to beat the Colts. When's good for you?

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
gg Drey. I am not going to blame my loss on anything. But I will say I didn't have my playbook as I screwed up in picking it before the game. That is why my pauses were so long as I was hoping I could change it in-game. Anyway, I had multiple chances to score or atleast move the ball. That is when my lack of familiarity with the playbook came in. Plays I was comfortable with weren't there. But I think my defense played good enough to give me a chance to win.

Drey1082

dskillzhtown said:
gg Drey. I am not going to blame my loss on anything. But I will say I didn't have my playbook as I screwed up in picking it before the game. That is why my pauses were so long as I was hoping I could change it in-game. Anyway, I had multiple chances to score or atleast move the ball. That is when my lack of familiarity with the playbook came in. Plays I was comfortable with weren't there. But I think my defense played good enough to give me a chance to win.

Yeah, i thought you had me with those damn fumbles I kept giving up. Luckly my D held strong.

hgplayer1

Maverick said:
hgplayer 1 where aaare you. let's get this game in before 10 pm EST tonight.

Ive actually been having connection problems the last night or so. if its working I can play around 7PM eastern time or anytime after that. Ive been on Halo most every night this week though. not too hard to find me.

holy crap what the hell has happened to my defense?? 50-41 was the final score against matrix, this time i was lucky to be on the winning end.

gg matrix. my defense has been picked apart from head to toe the last 2 weeks. i better right the ship soon, or it wont matter whether i make the playoffs or not cause ill be one and done.

oddly, my offense seems like an unstoppable juggernaut... i just dont understand it

Matrix

GG dude...that game was insane..for every wideopen dropped pass their was some insane catch.

I did not expect that final outcome...geez 50-41.

Mrbob

I've been online for the past couple hours. :p

Don't see you on AIM, though. Oh well I gotta go to sleep soon have to work early tommorrow.

Fifty

Ramirez is long gone... I suggest you guys set a better time than "later tonight' if it can't be an exact time, at least you'll probably be able to figure out if one of you is leaving at 12, and the other one wants to play at 12 (for example), so that there won't be any confusion.

Ramirez

Yea dude,I waited around forever...a time would be nice...

Oh well,I'll be around today,today is the deadline I believe so we gotta get it in.

Top Bottom