• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 12 Man League can finally start

ballsack!!!! someone do something!

ramirez is my last hope... my last hope to defeat you! ramirez you know what you must do! do it for barry foster and bam morris rotting away in a jail cell... do it for bubby brister and kevin greene, do it for greg lloyd and levon kirkland, do it for chuck noll and rod woodson... but most of all, do it for cowher! he is counting on you!

cow2.jpg

"YOU CALL THAT A GAMEPLAN!? YOU CHANGE IT NOW BEFORE I WIPE THAT SON OF A BITCH SMILE OFF YOUR FACE! DREY WILL GO DOWN OR ELSE YOU WILL GO DOWN ON ME AFTER I PULL OUT OF YOUR GIRLFRIENDS ASS! LETS GO! LETS GO!!!!"

Mrbob

Oh my god.

Don't start this again dude.

I PLAYED THE LINE THE ENTIRE GAME.

That was the CPU blitzing.

I took control of my guy twice when you tried to run away with Roth. He was about to nail your ass behind the line of scrimmage.

Quitting with one minute 30 seconds is weaksauce. I lost to dm 44-10 in this game and didn't quit. Just play your games out.

Fifty

Oh man. Having your concede rejected has got to suck...I'm sorry. I'd like to hear the story behind that :lol

He's constantly CB blitzing?

edit: Oh, it was with two minutes to go. I've only done it at the half, or shortly after.

Mrbob

Actually, I WASN"T blitizing the entire game. What i meant is that the cpu was controlling the blitz when I came in to blitz.

come on dudes, relax. there is nothing wrong with blitzing. ive had people blitz me all game and i won, ive had people blitz me all game and i lose, its just part of a game. i realize its frustrating to lose, but you have to finish the game out. i guarantee you that you weren't as frustrated as i was when fifty racked up 70 points and 5 first downs on me, but i didnt quit. i guarantee you weren't as frustrated as bob when he threw a pick for a TD to me and fumbled the 2nd half kickoff for a basic TD in a close game, but he didn't quit. you should win and lose with dignity. i know bob declined your forefit, but there was only a min or so left, shoulda finished it out.

dont quit the league though dude, you are just in a slump and its frustrating

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Even if Bob was blizting all game and you bitch at him like I did...it really does no good,I figured out how to counter his blitzes last game and beat him...life is good :p

I'd like to apologize to everyone that I have ever bitched at,its just a game and Ive finally figured that out :p If someone beats you its cause they had your number that game,thats the way I'm going to look at things now.

Its time I start acting my age :D

Mrbob

Matrix said:
Even if Bob was blizting all game and you bitch at him like I did...it really does no good,I figured out how to counter his blitzes last game and beat him...life is good :p

I'd like to apologize to everyone that I have ever bitched at,its just a game and Ive finally figured that out :p If someone beats you its cause they had your number that game,thats the way I'm going to look at things now.

Its time I start acting my age :D

Yeah you beat me with ESPN football style catches. :lol

If you look at our game stats I barely blitzed you that game. I was afraid of you whining. :p

Actually, I didn't blitz him like ournon league game. I wasn't controlling the cb/lb manually. I let the cpu come in and do some damage. I did get burned on some blitzes from the game we played though and I learned from them and implemented new schemes in the game. :D

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Hey whats wrong with espn style catchs :lol

Yea I know you didnt blitz as much that game,but when you did it felt legit this time...ughhh I dont want to start a fight..I WUV THE CUBS!

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
On another subject, for season 2 I think if someone offers a concede, you should take it. This is not about humiliating anyone, or trying to run up a score. If the score is 35-0 at halftime and my offense is sucking, I will concede. I think you should take the concession and take the win.

Just my .02.

Maverick

Yeah, I was thinking about conceding to Drey in the first half because I just had absolutely no chance.....Brady is everything to me basically.

Is this cool or not FMT? juts for future ref. I think skillz has a point.

Ramirez

I don't even care about my slump,losing,etc. I'm done arguing about these games...I just got pissed that he rejected my concede.There was what 2 minutes left?Its 11 o' clock,the game is done, and I've got early classes on Tuesday so I mean what else did you have planned other than trying to get more points on me or something?

I don't regret turning the system off though,that was a complete jackass move on your part.

Mrbob

Ramirez said:
I don't even care about my slump,losing,etc. I'm done arguing about these games...I just got pissed that he rejected my concede.There was what 2 minutes left?Its 11 o' clock,the game is done, and I've got early classes on Tuesday so I mean what else did you have planned other than trying to get more points on me or something?

I don't regret turning the system off though,that was a complete jackass move on your part.

And I know this how? I guess I am supposed to read your mind? Lol use your mic. Ugh. I just like to finish out my games. If you think I'm a jackass and try to turn the tables on your foolish move fine I really don't care. Just remind me never to play you in Madden again if you are losing. I like to finish my games. You have no problem finishing games when you are blowing out other teams but when someone gets the best of you you high tail it out.

Mrbob

You've won 11 games dude don't give me that. The going gets a bit rough and instead of fighting through it you give up. Try to twist the tale however you want you are the one who disconnected with under two minute (WAH WAH I got school WAH WAH BOB can read my mind)s.

Are we playing legit or not in season 2? I gotta know before I make a committment. There needs to be a rule about disconnecting or giving up in the 4th. I'd rather play Half Life 2 or Halo 2 online with my time instead of putting up with this bs if it is going to continue in season 2.

Ramirez

Don't give you what?You said I have no problem blowing people out,but anytime someone has wanted to concede to me I have done it.

The going gets a bit rough and instead of fighting through it you give up.

WTF?There was 2 minutes left and you had the ball,there was no way I could win,I wanted to get it over with.You obviously were proud that you were beating me or something and wanted to put more points up,whatever.

Had it been earlier in the day I would have finished it,but you had already bullshitted me the night before not giving me any kind of time window and I waited around on you forever.

Try to twist the tale however you want you are the one who disconnected with under two minutes.

What tale is their to twist dude?I wanted to concede and you rejected like a prick.

This is exactly why Im not playing in season 2,we have people here who exploit certain plays and then even worse won't even allow someone to concede when the game is over,I don't even feel like fuckin with it.

Mrbob

You blamed the cb blitzing. You blamed school. You blamed me not knowing you had to get up early. You're mad 'cause I rejected your concession with under two minutes because you didn't want to finish out the game 'cause you decided to act like a baby and quit. I told you already it is the honorable thing to finish out games. Please. Anyway it's obvious I don't want to put up with your bs anymore online so lets not play anymore. In fact if we somehow meet in the superbowl you can have the win as I play online for fun and don't need these damn post game hassles.

Ramirez

Dude,look at my posts,my main beef the entire time has been you rejecting my concede,I could give a fuck how you play,you wanna play that way have at it,I don't care.

Ramirez

Again,why?Its over,why not let me concede?Oh probably because you were gonna try and score again,so you could brag that you beat me even worse. :lol

I really wish I could bow out of this league now like in ESPN,the arguments these games cause are not worth putting up with to play the actual game.

Matrix

Hey Fifty...remember when you were up 58-3 against me and offered concede and I didnt accept cause I wanted to get 10 points but I couldnt and you got pissed at me?....haha good times :p

Fifty

in ESPN our arguments were about the game....and those were harder to avoid. These arguments seem to be personal issues..and if we overcome them we're left with a game that people aren't complaining about. It's a shame.

edit: I'm still pissed at you for that :lol

Ramirez

Which is a shame,because I really can't understand someone being such a dick that they won't allow the game to end if the person concedes.

Slo

I shall avenge you Ramirez!

*slaps MrBob with a leather glove*

When can you play? I can only play after 9:30 PM central, is that going to be a problem?

Mrbob

Stop crying Ramirez, it's over and done with.

Anyway, Slo, you are going down! Beating of a lifetime! We'll have to play tommorrow or Thursday night though.

Matrix

I really didnt mean to not concede on Fifty,me not having a mic and the fact that I wanted to score so bad and had no idea he had to go to sleep...well I done gone and fucked up.

Im sorry Fifty...I got a little evil in me :p

remember that one time when i won the season 1 madden 2005 xbox GAF league championship 255-0? that was sweet!

oh wait, i have traveled into the future again :(

my bad ladies... forget i said anything :D

Matrix

DMczaf said:
Let's go Matrix!

Dude the Rockets game is on at 7:30 and its being shown on league pass channel 404 for me...for FREE! :D

We can play after.

dskillz when do you want your whuppin? we are opponents!

p.s. if someone offers you a concede, then take it. i can understand both sides, but just take the concede and be proud of it. its basically like the other person saying YOU BEAT MY ASS AND I CANT TAKE ANYMORE THRASHING! find comfort and the christmas spirit in that

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dskillz when do you want your whuppin? we are opponents!

p.s. if someone offers you a concede, then take it. i can understand both sides, but just take the concede and be proud of it. its basically like the other person saying YOU BEAT MY ASS AND I CANT TAKE ANYMORE THRASHING! find comfort and the christmas spirit in that

When I'm beating you 150-0 in our league playoff game you better not run away like a coward!!! I don't care if I lose to anyone else in the playoffs as long as I beat you!! :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
FMT, I can play around 8 your time, 10 Central. I have some work to do and a Rockets game to watch.

Fifty

HG, when do you want to play? I can play tomorrow night at 9 Eastern. Or just name a time and I'll tell you if I can fit it in.

Matrix

Sorry FMT...I couldnt handle the Bucs Blitz..My O-line sucks and my secondary is even sadder,it was like our game.

I also dropped atleast 3 wideopen catchs :( The last couple of games have felt like Espn football o_O

GG Dm...Congrats on kicking my butt :)

hgplayer1

Fifty said:
HG, when do you want to play? I can play tomorrow night at 9 Eastern. Or just name a time and I'll tell you if I can fit it in.

tomorrow at 9 is good for me. just be sure to log on to Live and get my attention. Ill most likely be on Halo.

matrix, you can do me one last huge favor, and that's beat Drey in the final week of the season! now that ramirez has "thrown in the towel", you will be my final hope to stop drey from getting that wildcard. DONT LET ME DOWN!

Matrix

Drey1082

Ramirez said:
Drey when you wanna play?

Tonight at 8 central is good with me.

Well guys, my season is hanging by a thread. Lose one of these games, and i'm all but done. French is 2 of 3 against me, so a tie doesn't cut it. DANTE, YOU MUST SUCCEED AT ALL COSTS.

I'm feeling fairly confident, since I destroyed the Pats last week. But now, i face two more good players i've never played against, in pivotal games.

Well FMT, it comes down to this.

Top Bottom