• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Madden 12 Man League can finally start

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yea it really sucks for me,cause I was here to play that 2nd game against dskillz and he got bad info somehow and thought we had one extra day to play :(

I most likely would have lost,but it would have been nice to atleast have had a shot for victory.

hgplayer1

hey whered you go? i finished the game I was in but youre not online now

EDIT: ugh Ill be unavailable for about an hour or so

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
hgplayer1 said:
hey whered you go? i finished the game I was in but youre not online now

EDIT: ugh Ill be unavailable for about an hour or so

I am still in the lobby. I got off for like 5 mins, then right back in. I guess that was when you missed me. I'll just stay in the lobby. Hopefully we can get this game in.

Future Trunks

lemme tell you something son, this guy is SO FARKING HUGE HE'LL FLEX AND DESTROY THE SUN no shit
Go DM!!! Go Bucs!!! Time to win that (third or fourth?) Super Bowl!

110704_dsmith03.jpg

**Smith and Barber invent the new DM-era Super-Bucs Hi Five Celebration...**

dskillzhtown

FrenchMovieTheme said:
nm matrix, dm gave me bad info! you are 0-1-1 against dskillz, so you would lose the tiebreaker :(

I beat HG in an UGLY game. Marred by about 348127489 drops on each side. GG HG.

Does that mean I am in the playoffs? Actually, if my win against Slo would have been counted, I would be in for sure.

we don't know for sure who is in the playoffs. here are the 2 possible scenarios:

EA says the playoff format is as follows: Division Winners and Two conference Wild-Cards.

Now, if you take "two conference wild cards" as one per conference, the following would happen:

NFC Playoff Teams: Bucs and Bears (division champs), 49ers (wildcard)
AFC Playoff Teams: Steelers and Pats (division champs), Ravens (wildcard)

If you take "two conference wild cards" as two per conference (for a total of 4 league wildcards), then the following matchups happen:

NFC: Vikings Vs. Bucs
49ers Vs. Bears

AFC: Jaguars Vs. Steelers
Ravens Vs. Patriots

so, we'll find out in a day or so what the terminology means from EA.

Mrbob

Earth to Mav. :( I know our game is pointless as they mean nothing in terms of standings but I'd still like to try in get it in.

Fifty

That's all I care about......Heck, I'm not playing my game with CK because I needed the rest. I would if it affected ANYTHING, but it doesn't so I'm able to be free of Madden for 3 days. But he better show up for the playoffs.....he's on AIM all the time! I have faith.

Maverick

Nah, I still love Madden but I'm at Carnegie Mellon right now in the middle of tons of finals work. Eventhough i'm on AIM constantly a lot of times i'm not by the computer.

I can play whenever you want tonight.

Fifty

Oh. Shit.

I logged on to the game because usually it updates before the site does, and I was really curious to see what the matchups were...Well, I got a "Tournament completed" message. I know, the playoffs might be "loading" now or something.....but it's really freaky.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wow that would really suck if the playoffs couldnt be played :|

dont worry ladies, playoffs are up and ready to go. there are 8 playoff teams, here are the matchups:

Vikings (Drey) @ Buccaneers (DMczaf)
49ers (FMT) @ Bears (MrBob)

Jaguars (Dskillz) @ Steelers (Ramirez)
Ravens (Fifty) @ Patriots (Mav)

lets rock and roll bob! i own you buddy! 3 wins in a season!

Fifty

Don't....Just don't. :( :( Yes, I see 12 teams, but FMT says in the game it tells him 8 people are in, and he's facing Bob....I'm about to go on now and check my events.

EDIT: THE LEAGUE IS GONE FROM MY EVENTS LIST> CODE RED. CODE MOTHERFUCKING RED!!!!!! ARGGHH :lol FWTFWTF

dskillzhtown

What a matchup. We are tied 1-1, with 2 really close games. The 3rd game should be just as good as the other 2.

Drey1082

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dont worry ladies, playoffs are up and ready to go. there are 8 playoff teams, here are the matchups:

Vikings (Drey) @ Buccaneers (DMczaf)
49ers (FMT) @ Bears (MrBob)

Ravens (Fifty) @ Patriots (Mav)

lets rock and roll bob! i own you buddy! 3 wins in a season!

Wait... What? I'm in the playoffs? How the hell did that work.. I was ready to put my copy of madden on the back shelf for a while...

Drey1082

Ramirez said:
All that hype and buildup for my games with you and FMT and it means nothing! :p

Haha, well it was fun though... I didn't check how close your game with FMT was, but I was soooo close in our game.. Letting up that touchdownn at the end hurt much more than matrix just destroying my defense.

Fifty

Fifty said:
EDIT: THE LEAGUE IS GONE FROM MY EVENTS LIST> CODE RED. CODE MOTHERFUCKING RED!!!!!! ARGGHH :lol FWTFWTF

Everyone seems to have ignored my post. That's ok, because FMT was telling me that it would come back....Well, Ramirez just checked and it's still gone. Right after FMT posted his message I went on to see who I faced (because one user can only see his matchup) and the league was gone...Well unless a miracle happens, the only option is to play unranked games with the same settings to determine the winner of the playoffs.

everything will be ok, dont worry guys im going to email EA! they would never screw us like this by not allowing the playoffs [/sarcasm]

the odd thing is i literally was in the tournament room with confirmation of my next opponent (MrBob) and it said 08/08 playoff teams were in the "tournament".

Ramirez

I got an email telling me Matrix was the winner of the league and told me thanks for playing :lol

I say we just play regular unranked games with 6 minutes,whats the difference?

Mrbob

Oh man these playoffs better go through EA!

Nothing would be sweeter than getting redemption in a playoff game!!!!

Matrix

Ramirez said:
I got an email telling me Matrix was the winner of the league and told me thanks for playing :lol

I say we just play regular unranked games with 6 minutes,whats the difference?

LMAO sweet :lol

Matrix

Maverick said:
Yo guys me and Fitty are supposed to play tonight...What's the deal w/ these playoffs?

You didnt hear?.....I won it all,it took a certain loser with specific loser skillz to win the busted madden league.

DMczaf

Maverick said:
Yo guys me and Fitty are supposed to play tonight...What's the deal w/ these playoffs?

Playoffs were up for like 10 mins, then they disappeared :\

Were trying to get in touch with EA but their support sucks ass. Ugh

Fifty

Maverick said:

Read the posts above to find out all of what we know :lol

Our game is off for the time being.

Fifty

DMczaf said:
Lets just play the playoffs outside of the league

Ok. No big loss actually, since the stat system was kind of out of whack. I'm about to play Maverick. Still All Pro, unranked game, 6 minute qtrs...Only one conference wildcard, so we'll play the games with that assumption.

dskillzhtown

Ramirez said:
Damn D I can't believe you blew that game winning chip shot,but thanks :D

The lag or stuttering that had been in and out the entire game came into play right there. I don't miss those FGs...hell I had hit 3 FGs during the game. Not making an excuse, you won. If I had had TDs instead of FGs, it wouldn't have come down to that. But the lag hit right at the wrong time and gave me a wide left. I guess that is part of the game too.

Fifty

Well, that was no fun. Probably one of the worst games I have ever played...oh yeah, and against the 99 rated Pats. Got down real big early on, for the usual reasons. No passing game, allowing them a good passing game, and giving up an INT. I then wanted to die and pretty much called it a game, but I couldn't forfeit when I was down 28-0 for some reason. Miserable 45 minutes. I don't want to think about that...It's a shame I played a game every three days for over a month only to have it lead to that miserable effort.

Top Bottom