• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Man gets soul stolen during rap battle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
For some reason a thought that a guy would literally get his soul stolen during the freestyle. I have no idea why I thought this because I'm not religious.

oatmeal

Banned
You check the thread, and can't even bother to skim through the video?

Do you know what your missing? That don't plague your mind?

I skimmed, I am still watching.

Whatever happened to short freestyles, rather than well-rehearsed stuff like this?

IMMA GET MY WORK

Dude gets really personal with him. Like 3 minutes about his dad.

that last verse was amazing, what lux spit transcended battle rap, shocked calicoe didn't swing on him. I didn't expect to see a thread about this on gaf though, doesn't seem like the place for this type of stuff (hip-hop thread excluded)

noah111

Still Alive
Forty FOUR minutes?

WTF

I'm not watching that.

TL;DW version?
The OP explicitly says it starts around the 33min mark. C'mon son.

But holy shit he got absolutely obliterated when he started brining up his father. Then his mom. Sheeeet.

[edit] just saw those gifs, LOL

forrest

formerly nacire
that last verse was amazing, what lux spit transcended battle rap, shocked calicoe didn't swing on him. I didn't expect to see a thread about this on gaf though, doesn't seem like the place for this type of stuff (hip-hop thread excluded)

I'll pretty much watch anyone that is talented and I definitely think there are some talented people in the rap/lyricist/battle scene. I don't really keep up with it, but I definitely enjoy it. I just stumbled upon the Shady 2.0 BET cypher the other day with Yelawolf and Slaughterhouse and loved the shit outta that. I was actually impressed with Yelawolf even though I'm not the biggest fan of his tone when he raps.

Anyhow, this Lux guy obviously put in the work and made damn sure the other guy got dat work.

waypoetic

Banned
Lux is a douche and also full o' himself. Yeah he's on hometurf and they're sounding the 'alarm' and clapping for eeverything... In my book, he was the weakest rappper of them two dudes.

forrest

formerly nacire
Lux is a douche and also full o' himself. Yeah he's on hometurf and they're sounding the 'alarm' and clapping for eeverything... In my book, he was the weakest rappper of them two dudes.

Well I don't know either of them or where they are from, but when one dude's rapping about peeling caps back with guns and shit while the other guy is rapping about your fucked up dad being in prison and how it skewed your view of the world I gotta give it to the latter. Whether he is good or not, that last bit was on another level. Even if the skill on display was lesser, the content trumped it all.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This fucking guy. lol

nhDMK.jpg

Lux sounds pretentious as fuck but he destroyed that guy. It was cruel to watch. How you gonna talk about a mans dad, and destroy his hero like that.

forrest

formerly nacire
Man knows how to do it..deliver them same lines in a laker warm up instead of a suit and it doesn't have 1/2 the effect.
Exactly, his whole crew was dressed in funeral attire and the little papers they were waving around were like memorials or prayer cards with dude's pic on them.

Seriously the girl standing next to the guy that got murdered was fine. Shit I think she made me switch from team Asian chick to team black chick.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

Kaako

Felium Defensor
the best line:
LuxPlague.gif

I think Calicoe wasn't sure if he should swing at him or hug him like Uncle Phil
I almost avoided watching the video cause of the length, but them last verses were damn worth it alone. Difference between a man and a boy ever so clear...I felt that.

Nothing says Amazing Freestyle Rap Verse™ like your lil' homies reciting the ends of your lines simultaneously.

People's crews doubling as "hype men" has been going on for WAYYY to long...They should just have the two of them up there, doing their thing...

A lot of people say that Calicoe won the battle 2-1 though.

That's how I would score it after watching it again this morning. That being said, he was bodied in the third round.

I'd give it up to Calicoe since there was HEAVY home town bias, and he was calling locals out. Then when someone told him to "Respect us" he just said fuck it and went in...

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I wish I understood what's going on, that seems like some heavy shit.

noah111

Still Alive
Nah, the other dude fucking sucked most of the time. Pulled some good stuff on him but when he choked up it was a lot worse than Lux's one time. Plus some of his stuff was just WEAK. Lux definitely owned it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom