• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murenase! Shiiton Gakuen 5
h4isqvs.png
Lewd.

Cats > dogs, but then you already knew that right? Right. The MC's anti-animal expertise prevails once again. Not sure if she's actually joining the club after that undignified retreat, but either way we'll probably be seeing her again in the future.

pbayne

CardCaptor Sakura-Clear Card Arc 2

This already has more plot than i thought it would. Lol Yamazaki is still a bullshitter. And Tomoyo must have hundreds of costumes stockpiled after all this time.

Arabesque

Bleach Volume 74 will be the final volume of the series.

Guess that means only a handful of chapters until it ends in Jump.

The final volume of the series or the volume to start the end of the series?

Because if volume 74 is the end of the series, then Bleach will end in 2 more chapters.

phaze

Wait wut. How do you end Bleach within 2 chapters. Not possible unless the baddie just blows up in next chapter because of what he absorbed from Ichigo.

Foolworm

Wow. I guess it's like Shaman King - Jump got fed up and gave it the chop even in the middle of its big buildup to the finale.

Hopefully Kubo ends it with the Shinigami losing and the world ending. That would be the perfect troll.

Arabesque

Wait wut. How do you end Bleach within 2 chapters. Not possible unless the baddie just blows up in next chapter because of what he absorbed from Ichigo.

Story wise? I have no idea lol

But if volume 74 is the final volume of the series, then it will cover from chapter 675 to 682-35 (they might fit/add in a chapter), and we are already at 680 so yeah. Unless they move it to a different magazine? Or finish it in volumes from now on?

I really don't know.

Wow. I guess it's like Shaman King - Jump got fed up and gave it the chop even in the middle of its big buildup to the finale.

Hopefully Kubo ends it with the Shinigami losing and the world ending. That would be the perfect troll.

Thinking about it, I was already getting major Shaman King vibes from Bleach for a while now in how it was heading. I do think that the whole "Try and stop Yhwach, you don't have to kill him but just stop him" was the biggest clue that we might get something similar to how SK ended, but will Kubo seriously go down that route?

Maybe it's for the best? Now Kubo can take his sweet time ending his manga without worrying about it getting canned.

Wait wait wait wait.

When people were talking about Aizen lately I thought they just nicknamed a character who was just like him in looks or powers or stupid plans. They actually literally brought Aizen back?

That's so fucking stupid.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Wait wait wait wait.

When people were talking about Aizen lately I thought they just nicknamed a character who was just like him in looks or powers or stupid plans. They actually literally brought Aizen back?

Yep. Despite being stuck to a chair (that might secretly be a deity) he wrecked some shit. They claim he somehow got stronger during his imprisonment (because fuck you) then he got shot by the Quincy with the stupidest name and that somehow knocked him out of whack. Now he's just sitting while all the fighting is going on.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Yep. Despite being stuck to a chair (that might secretly be a deity) he wrecked some shit. They claim he somehow got stronger during his imprisonment (because fuck you) then he got shot by the Quincy with the stupidest name and that somehow knocked him out of whack. Now he's just sitting while all the fighting is going on.

qbaN4HW.gif

Arabesque

Looking back on it, I am amazed that Kubo thought he could have Mayuri fight a giant talking hand for 10 chapters and have the fight with Gerard be as prolonged as it was when he was meant to end the manga in like, a month from now.

Even Komi started wrapping his stuff up a year in advance, and Shimabokuro had enough sense to fast skip to the final battle of his manga.

Jesus.

I guess Kubo wasn't expecting the axe to fall as quickly as it did. Still 5 chapters left I dunno how this ends in a satisfactory way unless we get a re:bleach in a monthly magazine.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
I guess Kubo wasn't expecting the axe to fall as quickly as it did. Still 5 chapters left I dunno how this ends in a satisfactory way unless we get a re:bleach in a monthly magazine.

Even then, I doubt it would end satisfactory.

Kubo isn't really that type of person see well... all of the arcs after the Soul society Rescure

bobohoro

Wait wait wait wait.

Stupid.
And the only fun thing coming from Bleach in the last year.
All the chair-sama jokes were golden.

And yeah, can't see Bleach ending in a handful of chapters. I mean, you need at least 2 more for Ichigo to get back to his senses, some akward scenes with Orihime and then storm after the black hole to nowhere that Ywach opened for some reason while spouting silly lines of omnipresence.

I mean, he really threatened to sit in a dark black corner of time and space and giddily awaits their happiest moment to kill them. Each and everyone of them. And that's it. That's his grand plan, his ultimate goal.

It is utterly dumb.

Arabesque

It just blows my mind that Komi got the memo and made better preparations than Kubo had done.

Maybe a Re:Bleach is in the cards, because I just can't see for as bad as Bleach had gotten for it to conclude in satisfying way at all in half a volume.

Though if it was changing magazines, they could have went about in a much better way.

Even then, I doubt it would end satisfactory.

Kubo isn't really that type of person see well... all of the arcs after the Soul society Rescure

True. Then again, this arc was mostly mediocre to bad to start with, so there wasn't saving it at this point.

upandaway

It just blows my mind that Komi got the memo and made better preparations than Kubo had done.
I don't think Komi got any memo, I think he's doing it himself. I can't imagine Jump in their right mind getting rid of their only popular romcom without another one lined up

dramatis

I wonder what will end first, Bleach, Toriko, and Nisekoi. All 3 could be a dozen or less chapters away from a conclusion.
Jump's actually in a bit of a pinch. Probably the reason why Nisekoi got an extension is because Bleach and Gintama are pretty close to ending, while Toriko and Nisekoi are on their way, and HxH going on hiatus again.

I haven't heard much of their new series, probably because none of them are particularly good? Assclass ended early. Black Clover and Hinomaru Zumo haven't really caught on. A "Haikyuu, Shokugeki, World Trigger, My Hero Academia" lineup is a real fall compared to what they had a few years ago.

upandaway

I remember Jump's new manga always getting posts in here, however good or bad they were. It's never mentioned anymore, what happened

Kurita

My Hero Academia Vol.1-2
Well this was pretty fun. I read the first chapter back when the series started but I was waiting for an official release to really get into it. I'm not disappointed. The art is good, it's funny, the cast is already super strong.
I don't know why but I'm getting Eyeshield 21 vibes from it. Guess I'm just crazy.

Also what is going with her stomach right here
It's cool that she's actually curvy but it still looks weird

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The latest Jump manga was Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary (or whatever Viz called it). It's trash, pure and utter dumpster fire trash.

There was also Boruto, a monthly that runs in Weekly Jump.
Kimetsu no Yaiba, which I didn't care for.
"Yuragi-sō no Yūna-san" which is apparently another To-Love-Ru type series (Viz never ran it).
Buddy Strike, which died really fast.
Really nothing good has come from Jump lately. Not since MHA.

Arabesque

I wonder what will end first, Bleach, Toriko, and Nisekoi. All 3 could be a dozen or less chapters away from a conclusion.

My guess is that it's now:

Bleach (if volume 74 is really the end) followed by Nisekoi, then Toriko and ending the year with Gintama.

I don't think Komi got any memo, I think he's doing it himself. I can't imagine Jump in their right mind getting rid of their only popular romcom without another one lined up

It's hard to say, but given how compact the third year in story compared with the second year in story, and how quickly everyone except Marika got rejected, it is a little suspect. I wouldn't discount that Komi just wanted to move on to something else (Lord knows he deserves better) but I also think that Jump was willing to allow it to end and have room for something new.

Obviously Jump ending a very successful series is going to put them in an awkward position without one to immediately replace it, but that's always been their MO (and considering that Jump is the market leader currently, seems to have worked thus far).

Jump's actually in a bit of a pinch. Probably the reason why Nisekoi got an extension is because Bleach and Gintama are pretty close to ending, while Toriko and Nisekoi are on their way, and HxH going on hiatus again.

I haven't heard much of their new series, probably because none of them are particularly good? Assclass ended early. Black Clover and Hinomaru Zumo haven't really caught on. A "Haikyuu, Shokugeki, World Trigger, My Hero Academia" lineup is a real fall compared to what they had a few years ago.

I think the logic is "as long as we have One Piece, Jump will survive" lol

But yes, I do agree they are in a very delicate situation at the moment. The current line up is alright and has potential for growth, with Haikyuu being a mega hit, not at the same stature as Naruto or One Piece, but it covers the sport niche and has great female appeal, My Hero is already groomed for success, Shokugeki and World Trigger are both popular enough (more so Food Wars, though World Trigger still has a sizeable fan base), and Black Clover is getting pushed as well. It's a good base to start.

But without a lot of heavy hitters, it's going to need something to pick up soon or they might fall from being ahead. The latest offering from 2015 was very mediocre, and is year didn't have much new.

It's going to be interesting seeing where they go.

I remember Jump's new manga always getting posts in here, however good or bad they were. It's never mentioned anymore, what happened

Not many deputed this year.

Buddy Strike was last year wasn't it? Or was it this year? It was so forgettable I couldn't care to remember.

CrazyDude

Black Clover is ranking high. World Trigger has been ranking low though.

Arabesque

^ so Buddy Strike ended in 2016, but started in '15. Guess that's why I couldn't remember when it started.

That and it not being good.

It's hard to know if World Trigger is still ranked or not given Ashihara's health, but it only ranked low for 3 times this year thus far. It's usually in the middle.

Black Clover is getting a lot of pushing from the editorial and seemingly good reception in Japan, but it's hard to say if it's genuine. I suspects it's going to be popular if it's eventual anime is a hit.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
The latest Jump manga was Takuan and Batsu's Daily Demon Diary (or whatever Viz called it). It's trash, pure and utter dumpster fire trash.

There was also Boruto, a monthly that runs in Weekly Jump.
Kimetsu no Yaiba, which I didn't care for.
"Yuragi-sō no Yūna-san" which is apparently another To-Love-Ru type series (Viz never ran it).

I just Google'd the diary one.

Jesus.

upandaway

My Hero Academia Vol.1-2
Well this was pretty fun. I read the first chapter back when the series started but I was waiting for an official release to really get into it. I'm not disappointed. The art is good, it's funny, the cast is already super strong.
I don't know why but I'm getting Eyeshield 21 vibes from it. Guess I'm just crazy.

Also what is going with her stomach right here

It's cool that she's actually curvy but it still looks weird
Does it look weird? It looks fine to me, it's a fold from crouching

Woah, I guess it's really 2 more chapters to the end then.

Crazy. I would've thought it would be like, 30 chapters to end. Guess Jump just wants to pull the plug already.

lol

only two chapters? what?

I wont believe it till it happens, remember people were like nisekoi is ending in two or something chapters, and we saw how that turned out.

Arabesque

I wont believe it till it happens, remember people were like nisekoi is ending in two or something chapters, and we saw how that turned out.

Well Nisekoi is still ending, it's just that the blog that posted that ended up being just speculation. Nisekoi will end soonish, no one knows when.

This Bleach news comes from volume 73. So directly from an official source.

I guess it's hard to believe given how the story is heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom