• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTC| Delicious cooking not in thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
shokugeki no soma 173

It will be interesting to see what they do. I hope they show what all teams make though.

I also feel like some of you guys are being overly critical of this. I mean, yeah central is kinda comically evil, but I think this arc will be actually interesting. I also don't see central or Azami going away anytime soon.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Ozanari-Kun ch. 1-5

Quirky gag manga about a salaryman, Ozanari-Kun, who does what he wants, and his boss, who is most certainly regretting ever hiring him.

Even for Asano, this is super offbeat. Art is very simplistic and the comedy doesn't do anything for me, unfortunately. Wouldn't recommend.

My Hero Academia ch. 97

Their conversation was really sweet.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
New Game 33-34
Ah yes, that empty feeling when you want to contribute to the discussion but you got nothing to add.

34 is basically a yuri christmast chapter WOOOHOOOOO!

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Hero Academia

Also this cracked me up

Ih3gkAa.png
That was hilarious, yeah.

One thing bothered me-- they're all going back to school, only now it's a boarding school, right? So why do they all have those small backpacks?
They should be bringing a lot of stuff if they're gonna stay there-- even if UA supplies basically everything. They're coming in uniform which means they keep them at home, so they'll want to bring extra pairs, and it'll be odd (though not impossible) for UA to supply things like toiletries. Furthermore, you'd expect them to bring personal items-- a bow, a laptop, a picture of their mum, something. Yet they're all bringing those tiny backpacks barely capable of holding a single book.

If they don't supply a proper explanation next chapter I might just quit this series.

Examples:
LPpC04x.png
w2fKGrs.png
lNolEfw.png
y4ZdmhH.png
zoWRaVi.png

Corpse Party: Another Child 1-12
Corpse Party spin-off, if it wasn't obvious from the title. I challenge you to find one setting that isn't improved by the addition of a creepy, deceased gothloli. Having the central cast be somewhat overtly antagonistic towards each-other was also a welcome inclusion, though they share the same problem I initially had with #TeamKisaragi, namely that I'm indifferent about whether they survive or whether they get skinned, disembowelled, asphyxiated, etc. Still, I'm curious enough about Saki's circumstances that I'll definitely see this through to its conclusion. Or at least I would if the final volume hadn't been stalled for nearly 2 freaking years.

The Little Match Girl ch6.5

2vd8aA8.png

Aw yeah. I know somebody else who must be ecstatic.
Got matches + petrol, gonna go torch my local polling station in celebration.

Zweizer

Banned
Anyone read Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice)? Read the first chapter but idk if my heart can take it. Is it worth continuing?

Your heart probably won't take it, but it's worth it.

Tomo is so dreamy~

Got matches + petrol, gonna go torch my local polling station in celebration.

Just make sure you bring the right matches!

Jintor

That was hilarious, yeah.

One thing bothered me-- they're all going back to school, only now it's a boarding school, right? So why do they all have those small backpacks?
They should be bringing a lot of stuff if they're gonna stay there-- even if UA supplies basically everything. They're coming in uniform which means they keep them at home, so they'll want to bring extra pairs, and it'll be odd (though not impossible) for UA to supply things like toiletries. Furthermore, you'd expect them to bring personal items-- a bow, a laptop, a picture of their mum, something. Yet they're all bringing those tiny backpacks barely capable of holding a single book.

If they don't supply a proper explanation next chapter I might just quit this series.

Examples:
LPpC04x.png
w2fKGrs.png
lNolEfw.png
y4ZdmhH.png
zoWRaVi.png

they're probably just not moving in straight away first day. Looks to me like it's just a regular school day imho

Lain

Good fucking riddance i say
Awww so mean to poor Bleach&Kubo =(
I'll fully admit that I still enjoy going through a volume each time a new one gets published here. It's become silly over the years but I still find it fun~

Anyone read Koe no Katachi (A Silent Voice)? Read the first chapter but idk if my heart can take it. Is it worth continuing?

It's a masterpiece. It'll tug at your heart-strings and could be heavy at times, but definitely worth to purchase and read.

Yo manga gaf, is tokyo ghoul worth a read? I remember seeing the first episode of the anime but was put off on how censored it was.

Manga is way better than the anime, apart from some derpness in the art here and there. It's not a must read but I find it enjoyable.

VRMN

Mahoutsukai no Yome 29

Guessing we'll be getting Chise's family sometime soon.
I have to say, I found it strangely endearing that Elias took Chise's form rather than his usual one in dealing with the boy. Kind of like he was trying to project a calmness that Chise brings to him onto the kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom