• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| The NXT Era Has ArRIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to see it. Massively overbooked, a ton of people got turned away. The movie itself is my favorite of the Phase 2's so far though.
jeez. i'd be right pissed if i went to a movie to get turned away at the door. super shitty. good to hear it's solid though. should be fun.

DMczaf

Every day is leg day brah.

fe5498403e89dec7a2dcf06136a48377.jpg

jeez. i'd be right pissed if i went to a movie to get turned away at the door. super shitty. good to hear it's solid though. should be fun.

It's an advance screening and tickets are free, so I can understand the overbook...but it was not handled well from all accounts.

I would hope so, Phase 2 has been uninspiring to say the least. Especially Thor 2's $150M budget that looked like it was shot in a LARPing park.

Deal with it jobber, I liked Thor 2!

strobogo

Banned
It's an advance screening and tickets are free, so I can understand the overbook...but it was not handled well from all accounts.

Deal with it jobber, I liked Thor 2!

I liked Thor 2 when Thor and Loki were together or the action was on Earth. All the space elves bullshit was lame and weird.

DMczaf

Doesn't matter. The real comic book event of the year isn't even a movie. It's a god damn video game for the god damn BATMAN!

batmobile-bat-armour-pose.png

strobogo

Banned

Is that from tonight? Did the new tour start tonight? I've been out of the loop. All I know is that there was a DVD from London in 2012 that has supposed to be coming out for over a year now and then a DVD from the Las Vegas shows last year was also supposed to come out and nothing has happened. So then a fan project was putting out a 2010 show for free and the company doing the DVDs that have been on hold for 2 years even though they keep saying they'll be out soon shut it down and threatened to sue or something. And that 2-3 "new" songs were supposed to be played for this tour. And by new, they probably mean 2 new solos and Going Down since it leaked, or maybe a new cover. So bummed with the band right now. But, he actually looks skinnier in that picture. He couldn't even get the zipper half way up on his jacket on the last tour.

Edit: Loooool, the "new" songs were AFD songs they haven't played for a while and new solos. If Axl still sounds terrible, which I have no reason to think otherwise, I don't even want to follow the band anymore.

gurudyne

I'm going to break my new rule of only posting the links for PPV reviews and will be posting my full review of GAB 1991 in this very thread.

cheap_pop_mick_foley.jpg

I liked Thor 2 when Thor and Loki were together or the action was on Earth. All the space elves bullshit was lame and weird.

Fucking shame. I didn't expect to like Thor as much as I did. I mean magical space vikings on a rainbow bridge? No idea how they funded that pitch, let alone make it not suck. I was hoping Thor 2 could have kept that up, but the space elves had nothing to hang their hat on, all the plot points were telegraphed and go nowhere in the end and the dark world was just a quarry with a post production lens filter. And the Thor-Loki stuff wasn't even that intriguing. Felt like they were just spinning their wheels on all levels.

Edit: Loooool, the "new" songs were AFD songs they haven't played for a while and new solos. If Axl still sounds terrible, which I have no reason to think otherwise, I don't even want to follow the band anymore.
Yep he still sounds terrible although he's historically done better as tours go on. Still, this band doesn't interest me.

strobogo

Banned
Is the plural of scrotum scrotums or scroti?

Ball sacks.

Yep he still sounds terrible although he's historically done better as tours go on. Still, this band doesn't interest me.

Dude has sounded like garbage since 2012 and I don't expect his voice to ever recover. Then again, he sounded pretty much the same in 2002 and then sounded awesome in 2006 and 2010. I think the dream is over. Just release all the finished songs that have been sitting around for 12 years and retire. It's over, man. Slash won.

Also, fucking LOOOOOOOOOOL at someone posting a Bad New Barrett picture in the ongoing concert thread at mygnr.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
S6av5kf.jpg

This is kinda brilliant - I want to make one of these and share it on FB for a business in town so they can have a miserable fucking time because I'm a bad person.

Dude has sounded like garbage since 2012 and I don't expect his voice to ever recover. Then again, he sounded pretty much the same in 2002 and then sounded awesome in 2006 and 2010.
I think 2002 he was just completely out of shape after quitting singing and not touring. There was a rumor he had throat surgery in the time off but I dunno. Also he finally got a fucking vocal coach in 2006. The guy is running on his last leg and will never change the partying and diet so you get what you see.

I just want him to release the Buckettracks he's holding hostage. :(

S6av5kf.jpg

This is kinda brilliant - I want to make one of these and share it on FB for a business in town so they can have a miserable fucking time because I'm a bad person.
lol, i looked at their Facebook, and their pinned post was this clarification that no, they aren't giving away free food. then i read the comments and i felt like you when you rant about POORS
can only assume Van Hammer is KILLING IT in the comments section

strobogo

Banned
I think 2002 he was just completely out of shape after quitting singing and not touring. There was a rumor he had throat surgery in the time off but I dunno. Also he finally got a fucking vocal coach in 2006. The guy is running on his last leg and will never change the partying and diet so you get what you see.

It's over for him. Had he not taken almost 10 years off from singing, his voice would have been shot by the end of the 90s. In fact, it sounded like it was pretty much shot at the RNR HOF performance with Springsteen in 1994. He can do what he can do in the studio, but not live. Doing full on nostalgia tours is so depressing. Fuck, even Steven Adler has put out more stuff than Axl in the past 20 years.

They changed Adam Rose's music? Why???? I still can't believe that guy used to be Leo Kruger. Dat spine buster.

Fuck Mojo and his bootleg Rear view! Fuck Gronk! Fuck the Patriots! And most importantly, fuck Sheamus!

When was the last time the Beautiful Breeze actually wrestled?

Anyone have a gif of Byron Saxton dancing???

G-Fex

I don't see nipples on that suit. Preorder cancelled.

Exactly, not enough neon lights either.
KOG.

You are our Jerry Lawler.
I'm not from the south and I don't own a smart TV
How could anyone hate Batman

You know I could bring about this big argument right now but I'll just say that he's John Cena and Orton combined of comics/movies/games.

It's Nobody-Fex, that's his shtick. He hates everything except the weird obscure stuff he decides to not hate. He's a master level hipster.

my pants are only tights cause they're slightly shrunken and old.
He probably likes Steve Blackman.

I hate Steve Blackman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom