• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

thatJohann

I activated auto steer and auto accelerate and I'm having a bit more fun now because I don't have to hold down A to accelerate or falling off track. Still annoyed I bought this so any tips to enjoy this would be greatly appreciated

Xdrive05

Playing docked really makes the Switch warm after 30 minutes.

I'm guessing playing in handheld doesn't create as much heat on the system?

It's much lower clocks in handheld, so definitely less heat. Except that the fan profile could be different while docked too.

In handheld mode there are two clock profiles: a standard and a boost. Not sure which one this game is using, though I suspect it's the boost profile because of how stunning it looks. But either way, much less heat than the docked profile.

Pagusas

Elden Member
I activated auto steer and auto accelerate and I'm having a bit more fun now because I don't have to hold down A to accelerate or falling off track. Still annoyed I bought this so any tips to enjoy this would be greatly appreciated

Why did you buy it?

F!ReW!Re

Wow this game is fantastic.

I was really amazed. Woke up early this morning and played with my best friend back home in the Netherlands. We played a lot of games and did a tournament (with other players).
I'm in Australia and he's in the Netherlands and there's ZERO fucking lag or stuttering. It's incredible!

Pagusas

Elden Member
Anyone got an answere for how to turn on horizontal split screen? My wife is ready to quit the game as she hates the vertical split.

The L button on the pro controller is so sensitive. I accidentally used a shrooms and fell off the map. And sometimes I accidentally throw an item I'm holding...and then someone red shells me lol.

I did XD omg dude I was drifting as I normally do but the blooper came and screwed me up and I hit the bus head first and it took me for a backwards joy ride 😂
I was feeling so confident in the win when I suddenly saw something come from the bottom of the screen and suddenly disappear. Good shit lol

It's a fun game but I've realized I don't really have much desire to play a cart racer right now. Also wish I would have bought it digitally because switching carts is already annoying. The cart slot is were Zelda lives and everything else will be on my SD card from now on.

Pagusas

Elden Member
It's a fun game but I've realized I don't really have much desire to play a cart racer right now. Also wish I would have bought it digitally because switching carts is already annoying. The cart slot is were Zelda lives and everything else will be on my SD card from now on.

I've been digital only for the Switch, can't imagine why anyone would be buying carts for this system, switching stuff out would be a pain in the ass.

F34R

wow. so I checked the order to see what my final price is actually going to be after they gave me a $10 credit to the order.

Well, the final price went up!!! They removed my rewards points credit of $14.46. wtf Amazon. I'm on the phone now. They are saying they can't add the points back because they aren't showing up in my rewards account on the visa rewards card.

Lord.

Toki767

It sounds to me like you should've bought Zelda digitally lol

M.W.

Walked into Gamestop today, saw they had one Pro Controller, bought. Damn fine controller.

Best I've finished in an MP so far...2nd. G'damn I've been so close to winning, fuck you blue shell.

Top Bottom