• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe |OT| Deluxe Salt

Unicorn

Dat feeling when you use a star right before someone uses lightning

post-40437-nicolas-cage-enjoy-it-gif-Imgu-k2Es.gif
The moment when you get passed and put in second as a blue shell zips past and blows their ass up and you continue back to first, business as usual.

Such a missed opportunity they didnt add Zelda when all other DLC characters have a female option.
Hopefully an expansion or a season pass. That way we get the best BotW Zelda, more battle courses, last man standing balloon, and some more kart parts or customization.

mstevens

It never bugs me to get hit by a bunch of stuff online or vs friends, but damn it if it isn't frustrating when you have to win 4 races in a row for the cup and you get bad luck on the last race.

Majora

Probably the overall acceleration stat.

I don't think it's that. I tried out all sorts of combinations of acceleration and top speed combinations and still found people zooming off ahead of me even after I got the boost even if I was practically maximum on the acceleration stat.

I think there's two different boosts based upon the timing but I don't have it down yet. Very occasionally I get a starting boost that matches the others but not often. I need to try and figure out what causes it.

daxy

I don't think it's that. I tried out all sorts of combinations of acceleration and top speed combinations and still found people zooming off ahead of me even after I got the boost even if I was practically maximum on the acceleration stat.

I think there's two different boosts based upon the timing but I don't have it down yet. Very occasionally I get a starting boost that matches the others but not often. I need to try and figure out what causes it.

The earlier you press accelerate when the '2' appears, the longer your take off boost will be. There's a sweet spot though, because if the '2' is still fading in when you start accelerating you'll end up spinning out.

Big tip for people farming coins:
Go to vs mode choose 2 Luigi's the green big scooter or Quad, small wheels and the plane flier.

Then select no CPU, No Items 48 races and choose Moo Moo Meadows and set Auto steer and Gas on.

You just have to press A every few minutes and you get 14-20 coins per race without doing anything.

How many coins do you need to get all unlockables?

blamite

Are online connectivity issues (sometimes not being able to join lobbies, sometimes getting dropped from races/spectating) a widespread thing, or is it more likely it's something on my end (I would not be surprised at all)? I was able to finish a couple races, but issues keep popping up occasionally...

last time I played anything online on the Switch was the Splatoon testfire, which mostly worked perfectly fine, and I use my PS4 over Wifi all the time with no problems, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if I just need to mess with more settings on my router to get this working consistently...

Mr. Tibbs

I lost the first race of the Mushroom cup right before the finish line thanks to Princess Peach hitting me with a turtle shell. Disgraceful. :(

Man alive, this is such a great looking game. Since I never played the Wii U version, I really appreciate the goofy replay highlight feature.

feel

After a day playing on Handheld I finally gave TV mode a try and it's even more beautiful at 1080p on the big screen!

And that sweet HD Rumble is clearly noticeable on the Pro Controller, puzzles me that some people are saying it's not.

Dierce

Im not that experienced when it comes to Mario Kart. I'm playing 50cc single player races but I'm only getting coins and red shells on all maps. Is that normal?

Majine

Banned
The MKTV and the screenshot function makes for some good hunting for visually popping moments.

Shame the screenshot quality is rubbish.

Leatherface

Agreed.

Does anybody like Bob-omb Blast? Feels too cluster fucky to me.

Really? I feel like shine thief gets a bit cluster fucky with everyone clumped up on the ass of whoever has the shine. All kinds of shells and shit flying everywhere and people smashing into eachother. lol

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Awesome! There's nothing more annoying than you getting 1st place basically every game.

Oh boy, it sound like someone's jealous that he can't even play that good as BurningJustice. I'm not going to tell you to get good but I don't think it's fair that you are projecting your frustration on Justice. If you want to beat him then you gotta to practice and learn how to play the game very effectively.

Nakasan

Alright, joined gaf 150 tourney. First neogaf style mingling I've ever done. Currently spectating and very excited!

First time playing switch MK8 too. Jump to 1080p is immediately noticeable!

Again I'll ask: Is there any way to post your highlight reels through MKTV to Youtube like you could do in the original MK8? I'm having trouble finding any way to do that...

MAX PAYMENT

Big tip for people farming coins:
Go to vs mode choose 2 Luigi's the green big scooter or Quad, small wheels and the plane flier.

Then select no CPU, No Items 48 races and choose Moo Moo Meadows and set Auto steer and Gas on.

You just have to press A every few minutes and you get 14-20 coins per race without doing anything.

100cc?

3DShovel

Been playing this a ton since I got it last night. Plays so smooth and dang is it hectic and intense with two item slots.

Also, this is easily the most gorgeous game I've ever seen. The wide variety of colours is refreshing, and the smooth frame rate will ensure it ages well. Looks gorgeous in 1080p while docked.

Chittagong

Gold Member
No but seriously, how come everyone online is so fucking good? Is Mario Kart a really hardcore heavy game? I get my ass kicked less in Halo 5!

3DShovel

No but seriously, how come everyone online is so fucking good? Is Mario Kart a really hardcore heavy game? I get my ass kicked less in Halo 5!
I noticed this too! On Wii U I came in 1st place 90% of the time. Every race I've done on Switch has been rough hahaha. Typically come in 4th.

MAX PAYMENT

What is the best setup for someone that can't wrap their head around drifting?

The wife is about to give up the game because the vehicles "dont turn good enough."

Lol

Chittagong

Gold Member
How do you fare in the regular single player Grand Prix on 150cc?

Can't win every race, but manage to hang on to top 3 usually. It's interesting this - indicates that Switch userbase currently is rather hardcore, which might mean that the initial sales are not representative of a longer view

Top Bottom