• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
The HUD wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't so big.

Just make that shit smaller and we good.

I know gameplay is the only thing that truly matters for fighting games but I am really not feeling the art direction here. I much preferred the comic book style of MvC3. Maybe I just need to see more videos.

Blueblur1

The camera is way too close and the UI is absolutely awful. Especially the text graphic displayed when Infinity Stones are activated.

GooWop

Looks really good to me, while the hud def looks placeholder.

I keep hearing "power stone" but Edward Falcon is nowhere to be found.....I'm sad he probably won't make it in 😢

Harpoon

Hawkeye's LV3 changed up a bit, no more Ant-Man.

Hmm, now what could that imply...? =P

I was actually gonna say this. Looks like Ant-Man's gonna be his own character (though it could have been explained with Hank being on Hawkeye's arrow, but Scott is playable).

I still think that would have been too confusing for some players, even if they used different costumes. Even then, Hank's costume is more than likely going to be an alt.

V-Faction

Okay, wow, so, the Gems/Stones are looking really unique. Like, not overpowered, but definitely exuding really cool powers that make you want to play with them. I only see 3 (Time/Space/Power).

Time: Invincible dash forward/back
Space: Vacuum pull
Power: Unique move with a wall bounce guaranteed

And the super versions?

Time: Infinite dashes?
Space: Infinite Corner control
Power: Infinite Wall bounces?

Like, Thor with Time looks cool for a command grab character. But Space might also feel hella useful if you can draw them into your range.

Looks fine. OTGs, wall bounces... not much assist-centric confirm type stuff shown, and it looks simplified, but at this stage I'm not expecting a lot of depth to the gameplay reveals.

Neoxon

Yeah, it feel like the camera is zoomed it a tad too close. And it looks like Auto Combos are in judging its mention mid-fight.

SaikyoBro

Some quick notes:

- Hawkeye has a new level 3, Ant-Man basically confirmed?
- Advancing guard still there
- I really hope that Chun VA is a placeholder. Surely they can't give her an ugly model, an awful theme and drop her voice actress.

Hmmm, I don't know. I need more information about the gameplay mechanics.

I did like how Thor whiff cancelled his launcher into a command grab right before it hit--that seems dirty. More stuff like that, and I might be down with this game.

Oh shit, we back to CPS2 era "crouching sweep OTG into full combo" mode now. Both Ultron and Hulk do it on seperate occasions. Guess this really is the XvSF thru MvC1 staff developing this.

EDIT: OH SHIT STRIDER HAS SAVAGE SLASH FROM STRIDER 2

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Of all the characters to make butt ugly why chun li?

- I really hope that Chun VA is a placeholder. Surely they can't give her an ugly model, an awful theme and drop her voice actress.

Eh she isn't really ugly, come on guys.

G7wuFpHG

Also you sure she got a new VA? she sounded pretty familar to me.

phaonaut

Stones look interesting, I'm in. Hulk having standing kicks looked strange.

When the Counter Switch happened with ultron and chris was ultron still being combo'd, it took 2 bars to do that.

VariantX

wow, so MVC:I has rounds instead of having it all end when one team's characters get wiped. Thats a massive change as I don't remember any VS game having rounds before.

El Sabroso

Some aerial raves have the Auto Combo label above, specially the Hulk player

there is the easy hyper combo too

there is a counter switch that costs 2 bars

the infinity storm mechanic looks interesting too

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I missed the video but found this screen shot, is this really the HUD? if so its awful compared to UMvC3.

That looks fan made. UI is really as poor as stated. With a mere few months left, I have doubts this will improve much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom