• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite gameplay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sesha

I don't care for Thor's voice.

Echoing other complaints. HUD looks bad, camera is too zoomed in. The vfx on the Infinity Storm looks distracting and looks like it will get tiresome quick. Also some moves like Ultron's dive look off.

Neo_G, come back to us.

SaikyoBro

Oh yeah, am I missing something or do the defeated characters lay dead on the ground for the rest of the match after being KO'd??

Yager

Banned
Looks dead and bland like 90% of Marvel movies, so props to them for the consistency in visuals.

j/k

Well, not really. It's boring to look at. I don't like the character models and those stages are empty as hell, there's no life in those. There's something "off" for me.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
2017-04-2615_49_33-mawbuia.png

2017-04-2615_50_50-ma8luzr.png

AYYYYY
Yeah she's had that move before.

Similarly I noticed other characters getting moves back like Hulk's stomp

Watching again, the gameplay looks great! I hope Capcom takes some of the complaints about "flat" visuals to heart. duller backgrounds are fine, but the characters need to be brightened.

Also, I wish they went a bit the Killer Instinct route with particle effects. That game is beautiful. Gimme sparky beams that illuminate the ground!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Just work on the graphics and we gucci boys.

Game seems like a blast to play.

Pachimari

No, they're an expanded mechanic from the original Marvel Super Heroes.
I see. I can't say I remember that mechanic but I didn't play that game that much at all back in the day.

No, you choose one of 5 when you select your characters and they seem to have passive abilities and an activation ability.
This is interesting. I wonder what the stones will do. I saw some time capability in the video? Couldn't figure out what it did exactly.

Mupod

Chun doesn't sound like Laura Bailey. She's been voicing the character since SFIV.

I can't watch here, but possibly due to the strike?

I've been playing Fire Emblem Heroes lately, she voices Lucina for the normal version of the character but was replaced for the easter event version. She is uncredited as the VA for a few characters she voices as well, most character sheets list the voice actor but for some they are under pseudonyms or just blank. Jamieson Price for example is credited under Taylor Henry for a few characters.

Still looks like the OTG fest that was MvC3. I want less of that and more MvC and MvC2 combo mechanics.

Also, Ultron's moveset looks a lot like Iron Mans, in terms of normals and specials.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I see. I can't say I remember that mechanic but I didn't play that game that much at all back in the day.

This is interesting. I wonder what the stones will do. I saw some time capability in the video? Couldn't figure out what it did exactly.
One sucked the opponent in another allowed for dashes to look like teleports

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Are you kidding?

I agree that people may be hyperbolizing but that is the worst pic to prove people wrong.

Is a face like this ugly to you? like really "ugly"?

2017-04-2615_54_48-ma7dsgv.png

I'm a picky person myself when it comes to looks but if this is considered ugly then wow.

ibrahima

Banned
Aren't the gem stones here just what the gems in Street Fighter X Tekken was? Or what is the difference here?

Thankfully not, gems in cross Tekken were mainly stat / meter buffs, auto block and similar attributes that would be activated depending on you achieving certain criteria (using 10 normal attacks or blocking 4 times as examples) or would be active from the start of the round.

The infinity stones / gems here are somewhat similar to what we saw in Marvel Super Heroes, but with some differences. There looks to be two different uses for each stone, with one being a "super" version. The closest comparison I'd make is V Skill and V Trigger from SFV, but being specific to each stone rather than each character.

Laura has done lower-pitched before in other roles. I'm in class right now, so I can't really pass judgement myself.

I've listened to a lot of Bailey's Chun for years and she only usually has one tone with her during combat. I love Bailey but she can't hide her voice. I can instantly recognize what characters she plays and the Chun in this new game did not sound like her. I highly doubt she decided to change it up.

fernoca

The gems seem similar to the ones from Marvel Super Heroes. Only you pick one before the fight this time, while in MSH you picked them during the fight.

Pachimari

One sucked the opponent in another allowed for dashes to look like teleports

So by activating that time stone, he actually had to things activated at the same time? Pulling in the opponent and teleporting?

What was that combo all about, where an opponent where locked inside a box while you could smash him all you wanted? Was that a move unique to a character?

Thankfully not, gems in cross Tekken were mainly stat / meter buffs, auto block and similar attributes that would be activated depending on you achieving certain criteria (using 10 normal attacks or blocking 4 times as examples) or would be active from the start of the round.

The infinity stones / gems here are somewhat similar to what we saw in Marvel Super Heroes, but with some differences. There looks to be two different uses for each stone, with one being a "super" version. The closest comparison I'd make is V Skill and V Trigger from SFV, but being specific to each stone rather than each character.

One of the stones is a super version, like enhancing everything? Anyway, so all characters will have the 6 stones to choose from before the fight right?

shaowebb

Okay between the tag mixups and the stone activation attacks this mitigates the two attacks at once setups that I thought were absent from the removal of assists. I am hype for this now. And hurray it's footsies are like tvc more than marvel! Game is slowly evolving into something just right for me.

Neoxon

I've listened to a lot of Bailey's Chun for years and she only usually has one tone with her during combat. I love Bailey but she can't hide her voice. I can instantly recognize what characters she plays and the Chun in this new game did not sound like her. I highly doubt she decided to change it up.
If I had to guess, maybe they changed her VA because Black Widow is on the way (if Chun's VA is indeed changed). For reference, Laura voiced BW in the current Avengers Assemble cartoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom