• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil debuting on Netflix on April 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiktor

Is it weird that I'm far more excited for this than for Avengers: Age of Ultron or Ant-Man?

You're not the only one. I had more fun with Flash and Arrow than with any superhero movie. Those stories simply work better as tv series where they have more room to breathe. I fully expect DareDevil to be the best thing Marvel has ever made in live action.

Ithil

Is there any sort of timeline on when we can expect the other Netflix shows? I haven't exactly kept up with the news on all this. I like the Marvel stuff enough to watch it all at least once. I'm not as big of a fan as a lot of people seem to be, but it's a fun guilty pleasure for me. Still incredibly surprised by how much I'm liking the second season of AoS. I think I like these kind of stories better in an episodic format, as opposed to the movies.

AKA Jessica Jones is scheduled for 2015, they are presumably going to start shooting in the next few months, they've already cast the leads and have all the crew attached. The Iron Fist and Luke Cage series are scheduled for next year I believe, they don't have show runners or anything nailed down yer.

Will this be an episode a week or will all episodes be available from day one?

Surprised it's so soon. What are the chances we see the Jessica Jones and/or Luke Cage shows this year as well?

All the episodes will be available on release. I doubt will see either Jessica Jones or Luke Cage in this show but we'll most likely get references to them.

Ithil

I really hope it doesn't take that long.
End of the first or second episode is long enough.

End of the first episode would be him suiting up for the first time at all. He's not going to get a proto-costume then immediately get his final costume. This isn't a movie and they don't have to rush, especially when all 13 episodes will be out at once.

I would expect he'd upgrade to the final costume by halfway through the series.

Dalek

No hyperbole-this is my most anticipated television series ever. I've loved DD since I was a kid-and I've always said that of all the Marvel properties I felt DD could only work as a TV series.

duckroll

Is this show going to be TV-MA?

Hahahahaha. No. :p

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/29/daredevil/?hootPostID=86d97ba533da5f593b1f0d7ac3a86d91

Daredevil will have more graphic content than Marvel’s other TV shows, and perhaps its movies as well, but will still feel relatively family friendly. DeKnight’s last project was the famously hard R-rated Spartacus on Starz, and Netflix doesn’t have the content restrictions faced by Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD on ABC. Yet Daredevil won’t take too much advantage of its unrestricted boundaries. “When I came onto this there was no way I wanted to make this hard-R or NC-17,” DeKnight said. “I don’t think the material warrants that. It is a little grittier and edgier than Marvel has gone before, but we’re not looking to push it to extreme graphic violence, gratuitous nudity or anything like that. The story does not require that and I think would suffer if you pushed it that far.”

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I really need to see the Affleck movie!

That's disappointing.
I don't think Kingpin+random thugs can sustain a whole season by themselves.
But we'll see.

I don't know.
Kingpin by himself was able to sustain one of the greatest Daredevil stories of all time, Born Again. I imagine if they do him right, they'll be able to produce one of the greatest comic book villains ever on the screen.

Ithil

It doesn't need to be TV-MA. Agents of SHIELD gets away with plenty of violence and dark content and that's a network TV show.
On Netflix you can have more edge and grittiness easily, without jacking up the rating.

dan2026

Do we know how many episodes this will be?
First season I mean.

Also this has to be better than the mess that was the Affleck movie.

Like other Netflix shows the whole season will be available day one.

Jessica Jones is already confirmed to release this year. Cage and Iron Fist will probably wait til next year.

All the episodes will be available on release. I doubt will see either Jessica Jones or Luke Cage in this show but we'll most likely get references to them.

Thanks. I thought that would be the case, but had to confirm.

Also thanks for the info on JJ. Really looking forward to that one as well.

Yes, we're getting full frontal Rosario Dawson

Trance 2.0 incoming?

Dai101

Banned
Agent Carter in January, SHIELD returning in March, Daredevil in April, Avengers in May, Ant-Man in July, and the possibility of AKA Jessica Jones later in the year.

This is going to be a Marvellous year, guys.

lRFN1GR.jpg

I really need to see the Affleck movie!

Do yourself a favor and watch the Directors Cut of that movie.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
YES!
While AoS is running and before AoU releases even :O
I wonder if there will be some crossing over...

Can't wait! :D

Avengers 2
Ant-Man
Daredevil
More Netflix stuff

I was thinking 2015 would be calm before the storm for Marvel (next year is... woah), but it's shaping up to be pretty amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom