• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil debuting on Netflix on April 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithil

Given the immediate high quality of Agent Carter (and the big improvement in Agents of SHIELD in season 2) they appear to have gotten their approach for Marvel TV shows nailed down after a rocky beginning. So I'm very hyped for this show. Daredevil is 100% suited to having a TV show rather than movie.

This show, like Agent Carter, has the benefit of being more brief so there's no filler, but also should feel like a complete story since it'll all be finished/released at once.

Also I expect these Netflix shows to have a lot of creative freedom given they're so standalone (while AoS has to be the "mini-MCU movie" style).

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Eddie-Murphy-Is-Kinda-Sure-He-Approves-MRW.gif

;)

dan2026

I am quietly hyped for this but it feels like such an unknown quantity.

It could be a massive turd or a great success. Or just frustratingly middling (like Agents of Shield)

All roads lead to Civil War! Maybe.

I thought that too, but then apparently DD isn't so big on the secret identity? Ant-Man's another anti-registration guy they could go for, as Lang appears to have a little daughter to protect.

I realise "Civil War" might well be just the thematic of Cap ideals vs Iron Man's, and secret identities might not play such a huge role.

I am quietly hyped for this but it feels like such an unknown quantity.

It could be a massive turd or a great success. Or just frustratingly middling (like Agents of Shield)

It has a character that's actually popular and recognisable, so off to a better start than most of Marvel's TV efforts thus far.

It sounds like we will get 2 per year, so it's possible that Jessica Jones will start filming maybe in the spring/summer and will launch later this year. If I had to guess:

Daredevil - April 10th
Jessica Jones - Winter 2015
Luke Cage - Spring 2016
Iron Fist - Winter 2016
Defenders - Fall 2017

Like other Netflix shows the whole season will be available day one.

Oddly, USA Today had an article saying that the Marvel shows will be released at approximately one-year intervals, but Jessica Jones is already confirmed for this year so their source must have been misinformed.

Oddly, USA Today had an article saying that the Marvel shows will be released at approximately one-year intervals, but Jessica Jones is already confirmed for this year so their source must have been misinformed.

Yeah I guess we'll have to wait for clarification. It really sounded like they weren't going to be so spread out but I guess plans can change to that degree prior to production on JJ.

kirblar

He's gonna be amazing in the role, love what DeKnight has been saying about focusing a lot on Fisk's love story and his rise to power.
Vanessa Fisk was one of the best parts of the ASM cartoon, really looking forward to this.

1-year intervals is way too long given the need for cross-pollination.

duckroll

I thought that too, but then apparently DD isn't so big on the secret identity? Ant-Man's another anti-registration guy they could go for, as Lang appears to have a little daughter to protect.

MCU's Civil War has nothing to do with secret identities. It should be entirely focused on the registration part of the act. I don't think any of the street level heroes would like the idea of being forced to work for the government, so it will probably have an impact on the Luke Cage and Iron Fist shows.

Really hoping that midway through the first season, Daredevil is investigating Fisk and it leads him to a nightclub where DD can't quite get a grip cause of the noise when everything goes to fucking hell, there's a crazy shootout, I'm thinking John Wick/Collateral levels of cool

tumblr_nby8m6EiAt1qcjzvuo1_500.gif

tumblr_nby8m6EiAt1qcjzvuo3_500.gif

DD can't do a damn thing to stop it, and then...

PUNISHER-Marco-Checchetto.jpg

PUNISHER REVEAL

Mumei

Do we know what sort of Daredevil we're expected to get out of this? That is, has it been compared to a particular run?

Dalek

Do we know what sort of Daredevil we're expected to get out of this? That is, has it been compared to a particular run?

It will be it's own thing, but I think from what I've seen it will incorporate beats from Miller's The Man Without Fear and Tim Sale's Daredevil: Yellow.

Yeah I guess we'll have to wait for clarification. It really sounded like they weren't going to be so spread out but I guess plans can change to that degree prior to production on JJ.

Sarandos is saying this too, apparently.

It's certainly possible that the release plans changed in the span of a month, but yeah, I'll wait for clarification too.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
That DD logo poster isn't in Hell's Kitchen!

They didn't move this to the East Village as a setting, did they?

I've purposely not followed production so I can go in fresh - I am pumped for this!

Bleepey

They said Bendis, but the first promo images have the black costume from Miller's Man With Fear. I can't imagine an adaptation of Bendis' run being done justice with anything less than 2 seasons. I hope they don't blow their load too soon. IMO:

Season 1: Miller and Kevin Smith stuff. So a bit of Man without fear and possibly some Guardian Devil with buildup leading into storyline's from Bendis' run. I won't the tone to be primarily like Bendis' run with only hints of Frank Miller. Maybe have episodes begin with Matt talking to a shrink so that we can have an excuse for some Frank Miller-style voice over.
Season 2-3: Bendis
Season 4+: Brubaker, Waid

I am a but worried that Daredevil won't be an annual thing.

Can't wait for this. April is earlier than I thought it would be, not long to wait. I actually have time off work around that time too, so that's perfect.

Xyrmellon

I can't get over the costume...please tell me it's just a placeholder for the red one eventually. It reminds of the Hulk-movie one and that Daredevil was BAD.

Philippo

Freaking excited for this, DD has always been my fav. Marvel hero.

If they put this scene at the end of the season, with the same dialogue, i'll loose my shit.

ManWithoutFear_05.jpg

E the Shaggy

Freaking excited for this, DD has always been my fav. Marvel hero.

If they put this scene at the end of the season, with the same dialogue, i'll loose my shit.

ManWithoutFear_05.jpg

I haven't read Man Without Fear in awhile, but is this the only time he's full on in the DD costume in that series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom