• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hqdefault.jpg

IIRC, wasn't the Daredevil in Civil War actually Danny Rand playing pretend?

ZeroX03

Banned
Not really a fair assessment when they've only seen half a season and don't know how things pay off, come into play later, or coalesce in the back half. They even say the later episodes like 5 and 6 is when things improve

I mean, is there a Netflix show that doesn't suffer from being too long in either episode count or episode length? It's a very common occurrence at this point, the only exception to the rule is stand ups who know not to let their specials run too long and have them judiciously edited.

It wasn't a great or indepth review, but both DD and JJ just had scenes that ran too long from the get go and this seems to confirm the reveiwer feels the same way.

KonradLaw

I wonder why Marvel didn't take people from tv shows into Captain America: Civil War.
I mean...the latest trailer is pretty pathetic in this regard. Near the end they have that scene with two groups of like six people each running at eachother and the titles comes as "Civil WAR"

And I'm like...war? I've seen wedding brawls completely eclipse that in scale :D

There are 10 reviews and season 1 "only" got a 75 on MC. It's also a bit odd that aggregate sites would start compiling reviews for the season when critics have only seen the first half.

Supergirl has a 100% on RT so i don't take comic TV show reviews too seriously

KonradLaw

There are 10 reviews and season 1 "only" got a 75 on MC. It's also a bit odd that aggregate sites would start compiling reviews for the season when critics have only seen the first half.

odd? Everything else gets reviews from first damn episode :( Poor 12 Monkeys :(

eastx

Yep, pretty silly indeed. And someone else getting worried that a reviewer only gave a show a 7.5 is pretty childish, come to think of it.

Wow, the Sepinwall review completely killed my hype. I can't ever remember an instance when I completely disagreed with him. I really wanted this to be good =(

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I totally forgot this was premiering tomorrow! Excellent!

I was just thinking about the show, but for some reason, I had it in my head that it was releasing on the 25th. I can't wait.

Pachimari

We should have a countdown. I know we don't officially know when it's going up but there's a likely chance it'll happen in 11 hours right.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'm surprised how many folks disliked the Stick episode. I thought it was a nice change of pace and the supernatural elements were mysterious enough to be interesting. I haven't read any Daredevil so I don't know what the kid in the crate was, or who Stick was talking to at the end, or anything. So it was fun to get a little taste of that, and I'd be annoyed if this season didn't show us more of it.

I also really loved the Stick episode. And yeah, Scott Glenn was perfect, perfect casting for that character.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Wow, the Sepinwall review completely killed my hype. I can't ever remember an instance when I completely disagreed with him. I really wanted this to be good =(

Meh, he never bothered to review beyond the 1st episode of Person of Interest. That's enough to put him in the "average Critic" camp.

TheStruggler

Report me for trolling ND/TLoU2 threads
I wont be able to watch until saturday however for people watching could someone respond in here or pm me their impressions of the show without spoiling me? Just to get me even more hyped.

I wont be able to watch until saturday however for people watching could someone respond in here or pm me their impressions of the show without spoiling me? Just to get me even more hyped.
The thread should hopefully provide tons of spoiler free impressions when the show drops. We have the 2 week spoiler rule, usually works pretty well for these Netflix shows.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Going to binge a few episodes tomorrow with my family, but make it last a while like I did with S1

Is there a countdown to the exact launch?

I'm in Australian timezone so I'm wondering if it'll be available for watching over dinner tonight (8 hours or so).

JTripper

Didn't Daredevil S1 and JJ premiere early at 9pm PST? Or am I mistaken?

I don't think either did, but I do remember one Netflix show premiering a day or at least a few hours early. I think it was the most recent season of Orange is the New Black.

For some reason I thought it was 12am tomorrow night not tonight. I have company tomorrow night so I wasn't sure I'd be able to watch any of it. I'm so god damn excited now that I don't have to wait

styl3s

Didn't Daredevil S1 and JJ premiere early at 9pm PST? Or am I mistaken?
Both released at 12pst/3est.

I binged the entirety of both of those shows at 3am. This time i plan on getting some good sleep and waking up around 5-6, jog, eat and plant my ass in my recliner for 13 hours with a break 10 minute break every 3 episodes.

Top Bottom