• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Rewatching Season 1 and I got up to Stick's episode. He criticises Matt for his half measures. Nice little nod back to that in some of the Punisher's dialogue.

Theres no way I can watch it all in one sitting if I wanted to. Even if I love a show its just not physically possible for me to sit and watch 10+ hours of something. The most I can do in one sitting is probably 3 or 4 episodes. I predict this taking me about 3 or 4 days to finish.

Anung

Un Rama
So who here is stream monstering it tomorrow. I won't binge it all tomorrow. There is too much of a good thing.

Waking up at 8 and going to binge as hard as I can. I doubt I'll manage the whole thing in one sitting but I'll fight the good fight.

Actually struggling to get to sleep I'm so excited.

Red

I just realized Daredevil has a "description" audio options that basically narrates what is happening on-screen, I assume to allow blind people to experience the show. That's pretty cool.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I just realized Daredevil has a "description" audio options that basically narrates what is happening on-screen, I assume to allow blind people to experience the show. That's pretty cool.

They included that after people complained that a show about a blind person couldn't be enjoyed by someone blind, I think.

stn

Wait, so its releasing at 3AM EST? I would have waited 'til midnight but that's wayyyyyy too late. Tomorrow it is! I know what I'm doing with my day off.

PreFire

Fucking pacific timing bullshit

I was hyped for this. Why is it us east coaster have to suffer because the Sun sets three hours later in California?

:(

jediyoshi

That time of the cycle when I abandon discussion threads completely until I've finished watching. Probably my least favorite part of this release model, not having super focused discussion on singular episodes/combined speculation for future episodes.

Pachimari

Because people in here are blind:

t1458288000z4.png

Pachimari

Huh?

Isn't it releasing 3 AM EST? Which is in 2 hours and 31 minutes? Pretty damn sure both Jessica Jones and DDS1 came out at 3 AM.
I have no idea at this time. People keep saying one time and then changing it to another time and back again.

I would agree with you but somebody corrected me to this time on the last page.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Damn. I was planning on rewatching season one, but never got a chance. Not sure if I should just steamroll through season 1 and 2 over a few days or just stick with 2 (and hope I remember things from 1).

KarmaCow

Damn. I was planning on rewatching season one, but never got a chance. Not sure if I should just steamroll through season 1 and 2 over a few days or just stick with 2 (and hope I remember things from 1).

I don't know what you remember but there isn't that much to remember from season 1. All the little things got swept away for the most part.

Walpurgis

Banned
I'm kind of hyped for this. I loved the first season and Jessica Jones so I have the whole weekend set aside for this. I'll put everything that I'm currently watching on hold and I hope to be finished within a few days.

Looking forward to Elektra and The Punisher. I also can't wait to see what's going on with Fisk and Gao.
Because then people would watch it earlier than others.
Who cares? (not directed at you)

Pachimari

Just bought 1 month of Netflix, and the "Born Again" comic collection. Are these worth getting?

• Daredevil - Guardian Devil: Collects Daredevil (1998) #1-8.
  • Daredevil Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 (by Bendis and Maleev): Collects Daredevil #16-19 & #26-40.
  • Elektra Vol. 1 - Bloodlines
  • The Punisher (by Greg Rucka): Collects The Punisher #1-5 + Punisher story from Spider-Island: I Love New York City.
  • Punisher Max: Get Castle

JTripper

Just bought 1 month of Netflix, and the "Born Again" comic collection. Are these worth getting?

• Daredevil - Guardian Devil
  • Daredevil Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 (by Bendis and Maleev)
  • The Punisher (by Greg Rucka): Collects The Punisher #1-5 + Punisher story from Spider-Island: I Love New York City.

I can only speak for the DD ones, but yeah Bendis is required DD reading and Guardian Devil is a good starting point before reading Bendis.

duckroll

Guardian Devil is shit, but everyone will tell you that you have to read it because it's so "important" to the overall development of Daredevil. I say bullshit. It's a crappy story with crappy writing and iffy art.

Miller's run and Born Again are great for looking at how Daredevil was truly defined for the first time as we now know him. Bendis' run is just fantastic all round as a grounded crime drama. Brubaker picks up off Bendis really strongly and carries the same tone, but unfortunately towards the end of his run he has to make way for Shadowland so the plot really goes into the toilet. Hated the last bunch of stuff he did before handing it over to Diggle.

Drayco21

• Daredevil - Guardian Devil: Collects Daredevil (1998) #1-8.
  • Daredevil Ultimate Collection Vol. 1 (by Bendis and Maleev): Collects Daredevil #16-19 & #26-40.
  • Punisher Max: Get Castle

I thought Guardian Devil was pretty bad, but Bendis Daredevil is up there with the best runs the character's ever had. Rucka is one of my favorite Punisher runs; it's pretty fantastic. Elektra's a gorgeous, but ultimately kinda forgettable book and I have no memory of that Punisher Max story, but I don't think it's an Ennis one, which is the only Punisher Max stuff I liked.

Top Bottom