• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 |OT| No More Half Measures - March 18th on Netflix

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I thought Guardian Devil was pretty bad, but Bendis Daredevil is up there with the best runs the character's ever had. Rucka is one of my favorite Punisher runs; it's pretty fantastic. Elektra's a gorgeous, but ultimately kinda forgettable book and I have no memory of that Punisher Max story, but I don't think it's an Ennis one, which is the only Punisher Max stuff I liked.

You just used the words "Bendis" and "best" in a sentence. Its like I dont even know you anymore man

AMUSIX

Two episodes tonight. I told my friend we'd watch the series together tomorrow...so just two episodes tonight...just two...going to hold myself to that...I swear....just two...

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I was too excited so I just stayed awake to watch this. Such a weirdo.

its almost time guys!!
tumblr_m0qx36B3SR1r7ju8c.gif

TheOddOne

- Vulture: Daredevil Is Still Brooding, Still Brutal in Season Two.
The fault for all this seems to lie less with the workmanlike performances from the cast and more with showrunners Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez, who fail to establish a thematic question more interesting than Should people be allowed to murder or just to punch really hard? Or maybe the blame lies with Marvel’s increasingly ossified approach to filmmaking, wherein everything has to hit a set of predictable heroic beats and any tonal variation is highly circumscribed. Jessica Jones is the hero we deserve, but I fear that Daredevil is the hero we’re going to be chronically stuck with.
- Time: Review: Daredevil Is Too Dark to Be Satisfying.
Netflix recently produced a wonderful TV show: Jessica Jones, which launched last November, brought to the fore creative ideas about depicting trauma that built cumulatively and made the show stand on its own. Paradoxically, its lack of reverse-engineering towards its conclusion made viewers actually want to see more. By contrast, Daredevil just wants to dole out fun doses of extreme gore on the path to an endpoint on a business plan. Any viewer committed to story is left searching in the dark.
- Masable: 'Daredevil' Season 2 is crowded, which just means there's more to love.
t’s here where the biggest flaw of Daredevil’s second season shines through. There’s a ton to keep track of -– who’s pissed at whom,
Foggy’s constantly disappearing and reappearing backbone
. The series tries to combat that by packaging smaller groups of subplots into different kinds of chapters. Even so, you may find yourself wondering more than once why the hell the Yakuza are in Hell’s Kitchen in the first place.

Still, Daredevil’s peaks outweigh its valleys. If you were a fan of everything made the first season so entertaining, you’ll have a hard time being disappointed with Season 2.
- LA Times: Q&A Charlie Cox on crushing the 'childlike' arrogance of Marvel's 'Daredevil'.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah I dont think people actually liked JJ as much as critics seem to think they did lol.

And thats coming from someone that did enjoy it, huge flaws and all

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Tbh I couldn't even finish JJ, and I actively tried to like it. I still have two eps just sitting there. No desire to go back.

I've watched DD like three times.

Pachimari

What the fuck at those reviews. It's fine to criticize Daredevil, but those feelings they have about Jessica Jones don't resonate with me; that was something I forced myself through because it was such a bore, even though I liked aspects of it a lot.

Gonna take a shower and ready myself for the day. It's 8 in the morning here after all, and then I'll watch 30 minutes of Daredevil before heading out!

Sheroking

Yeah I dont think people actually liked JJ as much as critics seem to think they did lol.

And thats coming from someone that did enjoy it, huge flaws and all

Jessica Jones is a much more critic friendly show. They were always going to respond to that arc more than a costumed dude fighting ninjas and yelling about saving his city.

For the record, I do agree with them that Jessica Jones was better than Daredevil Season 1 - but that's because I think Season 1 was fairly overrated by some. It was a 6/10 season that rolled a lot of 8's and 9's IMO. Wilson Fisk might be the most overrated character in this decade of television.

Tbh I couldn't even finish JJ, and I actively tried to like it. I still have two eps just sitting there. No desire to go back.

I've watched DD like three times.

Episodes 10 and 11 are the lowpoint of JJ if I remember correctly. The show sort of redeems itself with the last two episodes. If you didn't care much for the first nine then I wouldn't bother with it.

Pachimari

To me, Daredevil S1 was a 10/10, and Season 2 will break the scale. You better bet your batons on it!

Episodes 10 and 11 are the lowpoint of JJ if I remember correctly. The show sort of redeems itself with the last two episodes. If you didn't care much for the first nine then I wouldn't bother with it.

It's somewhere in the middle were it started to drag like crazy.

Rhaknar

Jessica Jones is a much more critic friendly show. They were always going to respond to that arc more than a costumed dude fighting ninjas and yelling about saving his city.

For the record, I do agree with them that Jessica Jones was better than Daredevil Season 1 - but that's because I think Season 1 was fairly overrated by some. It was a 6/10 season that rolled a lot of 8's and 9's IMO. Wilson Fisk might be the most overrated character in this decade of television.

There are no wrong opinions afterall.

But youre wrong :3

NightOnyx

Yeah that Time review is garbage. Sounds like he didn't like the first season either, so I guess the show isn't for him and would rather his comic book shows be like the Flash.

Akahige

JJ was 5 episodes too long, it really spread the too storyline thin, the bloat hit by the mid season mark. It did character work exceptional well and handled the very dark themes of the show with a lot of class.

Daredevil was a bombastic and well paced from start to finish but there was certainly a trade off in areas where JJ excelled.
Yeah that Time review is garbage. Sounds like he didn't like the first season either, so I guess the show isn't for him and would rather his comic book shows be like the Flash.
Yeah that is a possibility, I don't think more of the same is a bad thing because Season 1 of Daredevil was a ridiculously good time.

Top Bottom