• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 *Spoiler Thread* |OT| Elektra Boogaloo - March 18th on Netflix

They show Frank waking up in the elevator and seeing Matt fighting the last three guys in the lobby.

Episode 3 was amazing.

EDIT: Just saw Episode 4. Give Bernthal all the awards. Goddamn. Shut it down.

Episode 4 just shook me to the core. Goddamn that was some compelling television.

Pachimari

Finished Episode 4. Nice seeing Punisher open up a little. And I seriously wonder what Karen is up to again.

And yes! Finally Matt and Karen are hooking up!

And that Elektra introduction! Of course now, to mess it all up. Loved that "Hello Matthew".

Moppeh

Banned
I've only seen an episode and a half and probs won't be able to watch any more of it until next week.

Does DD get a new costume?

Playsage

I was hoping they could keep up the quality of the story and writing until the end... Then Ep. 12 happened (still haven't seen Ep. 13)

EDIT: Finished it! Last episodes are the easily the lowest point of the season (arguably the lowest point of the series), but up to episode 10 it was really enjoyable

Pretty interesting that they hired a fairly well-known guest star (the man who played Vincent Van Gogh in Doctor's Who's "Vincent and The Doctor" S5 episode) just for a one-shot role as an Irish mobster. I wonder if he could turn into Jigsaw, but then I remember that the dude took a shotgun blast right to the face in full detail.

Elektra's really good so far. Like I said in the general thread, I love the duality of her character. High-class businesswoman meets psychotic ex-girlfriend.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
My review: It was awesome.

Seriously Elektra was better for me than Punisher. Was not expecting that at all. Last couples eps were a bit corny, but she and Matt saved it. Punisher fizzled out, tbh.

Karen has an even harder time now. She had a better showing in S2, but jesus, how do you follow that Elektra performance? Idk if the portrayal of the character was accurate (don't really care either) but whoever that actress was, she really brought it. Even with pretty corny material.

Also, Kingpin was another surprise. Wasn't a fan S1 but he was just right here.

Anung

Un Rama
Pretty interesting that they hired a fairly well-known guest star (the man who played Vincent Van Gogh in Doctor's Who's "Vincent and The Doctor" S5 episode) just for a one-shot role as an Irish mobster. I wonder if he could turn into Jigsaw, but then I remember that the dude took a shotgun blast right to the face in full detail.

Finn Cooley is a character in the Ennis Punisher MAX run. What happens in this could lead in to a Punisher show if they make one.

TheOddOne

animation1p9sl6.gif

animation2w5ses.gif

Dai101

Banned
Just finished and didn't like it

I FUCKING LOVE IT! They really outdid themselves. MAHVEL, just take my money.

There's nothing i can nitpick, i even liked Karen this time. Will comment later, i need to rest, and go to sleep.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Idk, that first scene with Karen after Elektra was buried was like tumbling into a void. Just hollow feeling. But then they revealed (well allowed the possibility) Elektra would be back and that wet towel smack didn't sting as much.

Just binged the season 2.

Much, much better than season 1. There were a couple of spots where the mystic stuff made the thing a bit weaker but overall a very strong season. At first I hated Elektra, but I'm surprised how much I grew to like her. And Karen..wow, I expected her to have a small side role but she was a major character during this season. Pacing of season was excellent, by the end of episode 4, a story line "ended" which I thought would be the plot for whole season. This left me with no idea where things were headed.

There were a couple of weird things like "stormtrooper accuracy" of police, but those are very small issues. I'm excited for season 3!

What a great season. Much better than the first. They hit the ground running, and keep the show interesting throughout. I liked how the DvP storyline morphed into a legal case plot then tied into the Elektra story. It all felt organic

That Matt/Fisk meeting was amazing, and set up a Born Again season beautifully. So happy they kept Kingpin a secret; at most I was expecting a cameo in the finale

My favorite moments this season were the Episode 3 fight, everything with Frank in prison, and the Matt/Fisk confrontation

Bernthal was fantastic as Frank. The best adaption of the character so far, we desperately need a Punisher series

The biggest disappointment was that they had the great teaser of Punisher firing a mini-gun and that never happened.

Really like the references to Luke Cage and Jessica Jones.

Got to set up Punisher villains
4018306-finn+cooley.jpg

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
The Chaste motherfuckers! We full comic book now

Damn, they outdid S2 in every single aspect. Hell even DDs costume grew on me I like it now. On board for S3 baby!
Oh yeah Jon Bernthal killed it as Punisher, I'm also down for whatever they do with him next.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea that was great all in all.

Only real complaint I have is that almost all of the fight scenes were people in black clothes fighting in pitch black rooms. It made it really hard to follow what was going on.

Geeky

Yea that was great all in all.

Only real complaint I have is that almost all of the fight scenes were people in black clothes fighting in pitch black rooms. It made it really hard to follow what was going on.

Yea, that got to me too. I know that fighting with the aid of darkness is kind of Daredevil's MO, but I wish they put more work into backlighting to atleast give us better silhouettes so the actors don't just blend into the background sometimes..

Calcium

Banned
Just finished up Season 2. Man, I can't believe I knocked it out in one day, but I just couldn't stop. For me it was definitely on par with the first season. I had my doubts, but Berenthal was fantastic as Frank Castle. Not sure I'd be on board for a Punisher series, but he was amazing in this. The season stumbled a bit at the end, especially the whole Blacksmith resolution, but all in all it was a great ride.

That Kingpin/Murdock scene - hot damn. I can't wait for next season.

Just finished up Season 2. Man, I can't believe I knocked it out in one day, but I just couldn't stop. For me it was definitely on par with the first season. I had my doubts, but Berenthal was fantastic as Frank Castle. Not sure I'd be on board for a Punisher series, but he was amazing in this. The season stumbled a bit at the end, especially the whole Blacksmith resolution, but all in all it was a great ride.

That Kingpin/Murdock scene - hot damn. I can't wait for next season.
They set up so much good stuff for a Punisher series. The Frank/Fisk history, Finn, Punisher finally becoming Punisher at the end,

But come on, how could they tease this and then not deliver? ;_:

3oGNSl7.jpg

Calcium

Banned
They set up so much good stuff for a Punisher series. The Frank/Fisk history, Finn, Punisher finally becoming Punisher at the end,

For me the way they portrayed him was a little too brutal. Not sure I'd want to watch a whole season devoted to that. Maybe if there was some minor redemption to be had, but he seems beyond that. Maybe a carefree buddy comedy with him and the dog.

Yeah, what the hell? It was even shown on the advertisement on Netflix. Kinda bummed it wasn't in the show.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wait Punisher with a minigun vs ninjas isnt in the show? o_O

Wait Punisher with a minigun vs ninjas isnt in the show? o_O
They even linger on the mini-gun like a foreshadowing

I was certain that the finale was going to have Elektra and Matt completely surrounded, being overwhelmed, and then Punisher appearing with the minigun

The way the camera lingered on the minigun and shows Frank spray-painting the vest, and then they emphasize the number of Hand ninjas coming and how it's going to be a fight to the death, I was certain that's how it was going to play out

mreddie

3oGNSl7.jpg

Does the ending count?

Overall, dug it, it does drag during the trial but once Fisk comes back, shit starts up again. The Hogath cameo put a smile on my face, even more than the Jones namedrop or Temple recapping her Jones appearance. Elektra kinda acted a bit too bratty for me but I liked her even if
her death was obvious after the Black Sky was revealed to be her.

Frank was GOAT, his first appearance basically sealed the deal for me. Sucks he kinda takes the backseat after he gets arrested and put on trial, luckily Fisk saves the day. He played a great total opposite to Matt and fucked with Matt's morality.
"One batch, two batch, penny and dime."

Nobu being the 2nd half big bad was kinda shocking considering how he ended up in S1. Wonder if Temple quitting her job basically means she moves to Harlem with another notable being from Kitchen.

Foggy and Page, I kinda stopped giving a shit about them, especially when Matt gets flaky during the Frank trial,
of course, Foggy goes away after he gets shot.
Page getting stuck with Frank bugged me but I assume she helps tells Frank's backstory and ultimately, his role in the last few episodes.

Elektra...is a hard nut to track down. She plays a flirty socialpath who doesn't know what side she's on. One minute, she's cutting necks, next, she's asking for pie. I wasn't expecting this from Elektra of all characters. I like her but her characterization feels weird to me.

But yeah, well done follow up to S1. I assume Fisk is getting out and his empire will come back, after all, his last scene in the season hints he thinks he knows Matt and Daredevil are the same.

Deadly

Good stuff. I think I enjoyed it more than the first season, not too sure though. Punisher and Elektra were both great.

Who were the people being drained though? That was fucked up. What about the 'MICRO' CD that the Punisher took at the end? Something related to the mission he spoke of with the Blacksmith at the end? Speaking of the Blacksmith, that was kinda lame.

ElTopo

Banned
Done with episode 4. This is so fucking good. The conversation with Devil and the Punisher was one of the best things I've seen with the Punisher character. That's the one thing we never got in any of the Punisher movies, we see him debate with someone why he kills.

Goddamn. Bernthal is the GOAT Punisher actor. And I say this as someone who was bummed out at first when I heard that Thomas Jane wasn't brought back.

I watched episode 5 and uhhh.. let me just say that one of the writers has garbage taste in beer. Bernthal is one of the best actors right now, he needs to be one of the stars in big movies. Nolan/Scorcesse needs to hire this guy with Bale and Leo and we can see some GOAT level acting/directing.

Horrible opener by Elektra calling German beer piss or some sort. Ugh.. what writer was tipping his fedora as he pretended to have any clue about beer, what a hipster douche.

Matt not sleeping with her made no sense, two times in one episode he turned her down. His reasoning was uhh.. plot device I'm assuming :D.. Seriously dude, that made no sense. Yes both of these issues are incredibly minor but need addressing.

I watched episode 5 and uhhh.. let me just say that one of the writers has garbage taste in beer. Bernthal is one of the best actors right now, he needs to be one of the stars in big movies. Nolan/Scorcesse needs to hire this guy with Bale and Leo and we can see some GOAT level acting/directing.
About that...
the-wolf-of-wall-street.jpg

Kalentan

That was... amazing. Holy shit the wait for Luke Cage and such will be horrible. :(

Personally I liked Foggy and Karen this season, then again I'm one of the few that liked them in S1.

I also like how Jeri Hogarth appeared at the end to hire Foggy and reference her firms situation following the ending of Jessica Jones. If they do Jessica Jones season 2, which I assume they would, possibly Foggy and DD make an appearance?

Also someone mentioned in the other thread that Fisk was reading the Daily Bugle, which is a nice touch. :)

Kalentan

Oh wow, really? I missed that

Well actually on second viewing of Episode 9... Now maybe I just didn't see it but the only place I thought he was reading the Daily Bugle was at 3:30, but I'm pretty sure that's the New York Bulletin.

I don't think he even had a newspaper in Episode 10.

I'm having a pretty hard time seeing either Civil War or Batman v. Superman containing onscreen fisticuffs as well choreographed and executed as Hallway Fight II.

I'm sure they'll both excel in other ways, and do things this show can't, but holy shit that fucking fight.

Kalentan

I'm having a pretty hard time seeing either Civil War or Batman v. Superman containing onscreen fisticuffs as well choreographed and executed as Hallway Fight II.

I'm sure they'll both excel in other ways, and do things this show can't, but holy shit that fucking fight.

It was awesome. Also your new avatar tripped me for a second.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So if i got it right since Fisk mentions that he first met with Matt months ago, Season 2 still takes place prior to Winter Soldier/AoU.

Also, i wonder if Foggy will appear in JJ S2 now lol

Top Bottom