• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Daredevil S2 *Spoiler Thread* |OT| Elektra Boogaloo - March 18th on Netflix

Dalek

What a great fake out. Here I was thinking these Irish guys were going to be a storyline, picking up where Fisk left off.

Pachimari

Well fuck, I liked that leader guy, and then he gets shot through the wall. Man that's some bullets, we all know who has arrived oh yeah!

What a great fake out. Here I was thinking these Irish guys were going to be a storyline, picking up where Fisk left off.

I hoped this was the case.

Oh, Josie's bar is still open. Will it be replaced by Luke's later in the season?

Shows lost me already, those cops would have shot those robbers in the opening scene in real life.

If course I'm going to keep watching, I did find it odd though.

Dalek

Don't know how I feel about Frank firing like that with innocent people around.

Edit: that's a hell of a way to end the epidode!

Akahige

Finished episode 1, didn't quite start with the Bang I was hoping for, it took some time to find it's bearing, started to hit it's stride as soon as Frank showed up in person to shoot shit up.

And goddamn Frank was shooting his shotgun off without a care in the world, dude could have blasted off Karen's head.

Sheroking

Finished Episode 1.

Opening sequence was cringey, IMO. That scene has been done a hundred times and we had no need of an establishing scene for Daredevil. Some better character work in the rest of the episode than most of Season 1, including, by far, the best chemistry we've seen between Matt and Karen. The Matt/Foggy issue came up again, but wasn't irritating, which marks another positive change from Season 1.

The closing sequence was very strong. This is what I wanted from this season.

Maybe my favorite episode of the series.

Onto Episode 2 and then, unfortunately, bed.

NightOnyx

Finished episode 1, didn't quite start with the Bang I was hoping for, it took some time to find it's bearing, started to hit it's stride as soon as Frank showed up in person to shoot shit up.

And goddamn Frank was shooting his shotgun off without a care in the world, dude could have blasted off Karen's head.

I thought it was decent for a first episode. Some of the bar stuff and the Foggy with the bikers lasted longer than I would have liked, but it definitely picked up a the end with Frank.

Dalek

So I had to know how they portray Frank before I went to bed so I skimmed ahead to some future episodes-there's a scene
in a cemetery
that's incredible. I'm talking out of this world good. They nailed casting with Jon.

Pachimari

I like the bromance with Foggy but his acting is "Off" Dare i say? like he is trying but, idk seems wonky.
I don't know. Some people felt this way with Season 1 as well and I think you guys will feel like that about him as long as he is around.

I'm super fine with Foggy's actor and find him very likable and a nice break from all the seriousness.

I'm on episode two right now. So that bullet fucked Matt up huh?

How many times are they going to say the Punisher works with military precision?

So I wasn't the only one thinking that the opening chase was kind of weak.

Great idea in theory, not very good in execution. As soon as the cops were running ten feet behind a group that's shooting at them without firing back or taking cover I knew something was off. They were running blindly into bullets. There was a few more times my eyes rolled during that sequence as well. Daredevil looked amazing in the church though.

Episode redeemed itself shortly after. Frank stalking through this hospital like he's goddamn Michael Myers with a shotgun.

Onto episode 2.

Sheroking

Finished Episode 2.

The less-is-more approach to Punisher dialogue is appreciated. Berenthal is terrific here. I haven't been disappointed with an action scene so far. Fewer unnecessary flips, more brutal efficiency.

I'm enjoying this season far more than I enjoyed Season 1.

Akahige

Episode 2 was better overall. The choreography of the fight sequences is good but man they could tighten up the camera work and editing, shit could be so much better .Foggy didn't annoy me as much as he did others last season but man in these two episodes he is straight up bad, I guess it's more pronounced this season because he seems to have a larger role now that he is fully on team Daredevil.

NightOnyx

Finished Episode 2.

The less-is-more approach to Punisher dialogue is appreciated. Berenthal is terrific here. I haven't been disappointed with an action scene so far. Fewer unnecessary flips, more brutal efficiency.

I'm enjoying this season far more than I enjoyed Season 1.

I'm done with 2 as well and I completely agree. Daredevil/Punisher fights have been very brutal so far. Not too much fancy stuff, just two guys beating the hell out of each other. Onto 3 now! I wonder when Elektra will show up?

I just watched Age of Ultron and Ant-Man for the first time this week, and transitioning from those super-quipy, ultra-powered superheroes straight into this is actually really awesome. I feel almost emotionally unprepared. Even just Foggy frantically searching for Matt on the rooftops hit me pretty hard. The consequences of everything just feel more palpable. And I suppose, in a way, that's the best compliment I can give these early episodes is how quickly I got sucked back into the world and stakes of Daredevil.

Pachimari

This scene with Punisher in the store is fucking awesome. "she's barely 12" and bam!

This scene between Karen and Foggy, with Karen asking if she deserves to get punished, is that a reference to what she led Ben into in S1?

Top Bottom