• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Production Thread

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/phot...48103536156/10153387641026157/?type=3&theater

Hmm, I wonder what James Gunn is hinting at:

13336114_10153387641026157_3210916822976267566_n.jpg

Neoxon

Video from the set today - Chris Pratt is wrapped:

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/videos/10153413245806157/

Gunn also said the film wraps today as well.

EDIT: If I could read, Neoxon's story already says this. Still - footage at SDCC??
I guess that's a wrap. I guess since James Gunn was able to get a trailer ready for SDCC 2013 despite just recently starting filming for Vol. 1, we should expect a trailer for Vol. 2 at this year's SDCC. I also assume that a trailer attached to Doctor Strange will be a safe bet.

Quick

Banned
GOTG Vol. 2 filming under budget and efficiently (barring possible reshoots) is impressive as hell for a blockbuster.

I wanna know what black magic Gunn used to accomplish this.

Neoxon

GOTG Vol. 2 filming under budget and efficiently (barring possible reshoots) is impressive as hell for a blockbuster.

I wanna know what black magic Gunn used to accomplish this.
Same, though I'd expect whatever leftover cash they have from principle photography can be put to use for either marketing or reshoots later down the road. I guess the first movie helped him know exactly what to expect & made Vol. 2 go through its production even more efficiently than before.

Pachimari

I changed mine back to Scarlet Witch for the moment, to celebrate the wrap of GotG 2 and the start of production on Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Neoxon

I've decided to do a bit of analysis on Star-Lord's new outfit. While the design looks pretty similar to what we saw in Guardians Vol. 1, there are quite a few differences in the new Vol. 2 outfit for Star-Lord (& that's not even mentioning the new piece of gear on his chest, which I'll go into below). I'll be using these three images as reference in comparison to his somewhat casual design from Guardians Vol. 1 (not the Ravenger uniform, which was his duster jacket from the beginning of Vol. 1).

Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 1
Star-Lord in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
  • Right away, you can tell that the jacket that Star-Lord is wearing is a brand new one compared to what he wore in Vol. 1 when looking at the first image. While granted, it's not stylistically that different, the main differences lie in the smaller details. For example, you can see a different kind of sticking at the inner elbow area as well as more padding at the upper shoulder/collarbone area.
  • In the second Vol. 2 image, you can see probably the biggest change to Star-Lord in Guardians Vol. 2. It looks like just regular chest armor at first glance. But if you look closely, you can see what appears to be an exhaust on Star-Lord's back. This most likely means that Star-Lord's new armor is actually meant to be a jetpack that doubles as chest armor. As for why he would need a jetpack, the thrusters on his boots are only really meant for levitation & short-distance flight in space. They aren't meant for Star-Lord to fly around like Iron Man or War Machine, hence the jetpack. And about those boot thrusters, it looks like they've been removed from Star-Lord's design entirely. That said, the design of the jetpack itself also remains consistent with Star-Lord's mask, making said mask fit in better with the overall design of Star-Lord in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
  • In the third Vol. 2 image, you can also see that he's now wearing a dark blue long-sleeve shirt underneath his jacket as opposed to the gray one he wore in Vol. 1. This offsets the red better & is a nice nod to his 2008 color scheme (albeit inverted). You also get a better look at his boots, which are pretty different compared to what Star-Lord wore in Vol. 1. While yes, the shape of the boots are more-or-less the same, it's the inclusion of a black over-layer & straps across Star-Lord's shin bones set it apart from the boots worn in Vol. 1.

Platy

That is the worst look a like stunt double I ever saw xD

His body is a perfect match but his face looks NOTHING like pratt's xD

And yes, I am including muscled arm Black Widow =P

HeySeuss

Just read on my Facebook feed that the villain will be Ayesha. Did we already know this?

And does that mean Adam Warlock might make an appearance as well?

Not sure how reliable Moviefone is and I'm on mobile so I can't link it... ignore if old.

Neoxon

Just read on my Facebook feed that the villain will be Ayesha. Did we already know this?

And does that mean Adam Warlock might make an appearance as well?

Not sure how reliable Moviefone is and I'm on mobile so I can't link it... ignore if old.
It's just a rumor from elsewhere, one that I'm not sure about its validity.

BLACKLAC

Neoxon

I guess the rumors of Yondu & Nebula joining the team were true. I'm also liking the first look at Mantis. She isn't as green as I would have hoped, but she otherwise looks pretty faithful to her comic book counterpart (right down the iconic skirt). But to be fair, she did have a human-esque skin pigment in the Avengers comics, so I suppose that James Gunn was allowed some leeway in that regard.

Simo

Depending on the mod though it'd likely get locked and myself in trouble because of the scan rule, even though movie mags and Off Topic are generally more lax about that ruling and so I've posted stuff in the past. lol

Neoxon

Depending on the mod though it'd likely get locked and myself in trouble because of the scan rule, even though movie mags and Off Topic are generally more lax about that ruling and so I've posted stuff in the past. lol
Good point. But if that page was officially released by the magazine publisher, then it isn't a problem.

I guess the rumors of Yondu & Nebula joining the team were true. I'm also liking the first look at Mantis. She isn't as green as I would have hoped, but she otherwise looks pretty faithful to her comic book counterpart (right down the iconic skirt). But to be fair, she did have a human-esque skin pigment in the Avengers comics, so I suppose that James Gunn was allowed some leeway in that regard.

I'm guessing that's to differentiate her more from Gamorrah.

Neoxon

What's with Star-lord's chest armor? looks unnecessarily huge.
If you read my analysis, there's reason to believe that it doubles as a jetpack (since his boot thrusters seem to be gone). Rocket looks like he has something similar, but the quality of the concept art image isn't good enough to know for sure.

Neoxon

For the record, I totally called the chest armor being Star-Lord's jetpack.

Also, Yondu's head-fin grew longer.

Top Bottom