• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 | Production Thread

Neoxon

It looks like Rocket is now wearing a blue outfit (possibly the same one from the end of Vol. 1) with a hint of red in it, which is reminiscent of his 2008 GotG uniform. He also does indeed have a jetpack similar to Star-Lord's.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the double-post, but James Gunn officially released the concept art on his Twitter account.

CnYiBEWUAAA1uIy.jpg:large

Looks good, Mantis not looking green isn't really surprising.

Baby Groot though :p

jph139

I like that Mantis is alien looking and not just "sexy Asian lady with antennae."

And YES, more Nebula, so good.

IHaveIce

Banned
Kinda disappointed by whom Gunn chose to join the team besides Mantis.. hopefully he did do a dumb decision with the Villian/ Peter's father aswell

*HOMERDROOL*

Cqe4xL1UEAA7Mb-.jpg

James Gunn ‏@JamesGunn 2m2 minutes ago
First digital look at #GotGVol2 concept art shared in the new @empiremagazine. Have a great week, all! #GotG

Neoxon

*HOMERDROOL*

Cqe4xL1UEAA7Mb-.jpg

James Gunn ‏@JamesGunn 2m2 minutes ago
First digital look at #GotGVol2 concept art shared in the new @empiremagazine. Have a great week, all! #GotG
Oddly enough, I'm getting some classic Justice League vibes from this......I love it.

Pachimari

Wait.. They will all have jetpacks now? I thought it would only be Rocket and Star-Lord.

I love that concept by the way. So we're gonna see them fight monsters, nice!

Nyanmaruz

I gotta say that I'm still not a big fan of how casual Star Lord's costume looks.
Hopefully in Infinity War, they can pull off some of these looks to change things up.
qfHUvIc.png

Quick

Banned
I gotta say that I'm still not a big fan of how casual Star Lord's costume looks.
Hopefully in Infinity War, they can pull off some of these looks to change things up.
qfHUvIc.png

I'm actually glad they went with the red jacket on Star-Lord instead of the blue, though it would've been cool if they tied the blue colour scheme to him stealing a uniform from the Nova Corps and just messing around with it.

This could interestingly help out the Blind Gossip rumor that one of the GotG members (likely Pratt) was going to be the special guest star that would blow up Twitter during the premiere of Agents of SHIELD.

The Kree

Banned
That's the kind of thing that probably looks better as concept art than live action. Flailing CG tentacle monsters are rarely exciting for some odd reason. If they lean heavy on the comedy in that scene it'll be OK though.

PsychBat!

Banned
That's the kind of thing that probably looks better as concept art than live action. Flailing CG tentacle monsters are rarely exciting for some odd reason. If they lean heavy on the comedy in that scene it'll be OK though.

Yeeeaaaaah

Expect to see this as the opening scene imo.

I'm actually glad they went with the red jacket on Star-Lord instead of the blue, though it would've been cool if they tied the blue colour scheme to him stealing a uniform from the Nova Corps and just messing around with it.

Something closer to the original concept art would've been perfect, but I like his red coat and mask quite a lot. Gamora, though, looked a lot better in the art, but Groot looks a lot better in the film.

And at the end of the day, at least it's not this,

Gamora's alternate designs are much better than what we got. I dunno why they settled with eyebrowless and pointy cheekboned Gamora when they had superior designs. You could barely see any of the implanted shit.

shingi70

Banned
good fucking god at that pic
name?

What does this have to do with Guardians?

Wrong thread.
Dont know her name, but I saw the pic when.my girlfriend told me to pick out a swimsuit. Despite being the sMe body type she told me no.

tomtom94

Stallone's small part is the first thing that springs to mind - I don't think Fillion had a role confirmed beyond the movie posters, did he?

Pachimari

Is Vin Diesel even doing Groot's voice this time? I assumed he wouldn't but I guess he is. He might be able to do a consistent light voice.

Top Bottom