• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's Iron Fist |OT| Hi-yahh - March 17th on Netflix

Applebite

I kinda already kinda felt like Rosario being in both Luke Cage and JJ felt like a stretch but now she has a cameo in literally every show. Definitely groaned during her first scene lol

Watched until episode 7 as of today and damn I hate most of the actors/actresses except Rosario and the chinese gal and does this guy look like the master of all martial arts styles to you? He gets beat up most of the time.

And where is my flashback scenes about what happened when he was a monk?

Not bad show though, I will finish the first season without a doubt

MaKTaiL

I'm gonna have to disagree with everybody else. So far for me:

Daredevil > Iron Fist > Jessica Jones >>>>>>>>>>>> Luke Cage

Pachimari

I rank them:

1. Daredevil
2. Iron Fist
3. Jessica Jones
4. Luke Cage

Although it have to be said the first half of Luke Cage would be up there, but the second half just really soured me.

LotusHD

Banned
I kinda already kinda felt like Rosario being in both Luke Cage and JJ felt like a stretch but now she has a cameo in literally every show. Definitely groaned during her first scene lol

Can't even complain that much because she's consistently a delight to see, especially on this dreadful show.

okay finished the last episode... the show was pretty average, and danny is pretty much the barry allen of marvel in this....

also what the hell with the final action scene

danny knock down harold.... and just ran away.... WHY? And then harold do something similar, he knock down danny with his pipe... and casually go away, turning away from danny

Falchion

I'm through episode 7 now. I'm still really enjoying it, but there are some very noticeable scenes with Danny that are uncomfortable to watch for whatever reason. It's usually when he's trying to really emote but some of the other aspects like Joy/Ward and Colleen more than make up for it.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I already complained about the fighting scenes especially measuring them up against daredevil but man since then I also watched Ip Man 3 and I know that's not a fair comparison but I can't lie it made my feelings about this show more complicated.

Not feeling this IF character.

To me, he doesn't inspire the type of fear or awe accorded to characters like Daredevil, Luke Cage, or the Punisher. In fact, I don't see what purpose he serves. This universe already has a fighter in DD and a bruiser in Luke Cage, leaving IF as just another hero in New York whose only value is to punch and kick villains.

I want them to replace IF and this entire backdrop for Blade and vampires.

ColdPizza

Banned
Jessica Henwick in general though.

Yeah. She's amazing. Love the casting.

Not feeling this IF character.

To me, he doesn't inspire the type of fear or awe accorded to characters like Daredevil, Luke Cage, or the Punisher. In fact, I don't see what purpose he serves. This universe already has a fighter in DD and a bruiser in Luke Cage, leaving IF as just another hero in New York whose only value is to punch and kick villains.

I want them to replace IF and this entire backdrop for Blade and vampires.

His superpower is being a billionaire. He can bankroll the Defenders.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Just finished it.

It was pretty "meh", not terrible but nothing stood out as great and the ending was pretty goofy.

I really don't understand the negativity from the reviews at all. Started watching it expecting something really bad and I am enjoying it quite a bit actually.

shaowebb

Episode 6 fights were bad but everything after that so far has been very good. Danny is less fortune cookie phoning in a David Carradine impersonation for all his lines now and is coming together more as he is shown as the confused struggling person he is thats trapped between what he was turned into, and the person he never got to become. Ward and Harold absolutely steal the show BTW. Its really made by the supporting cast more than anything.

I really wonder how non initiate viewers keep up though with so much danced around about what the Iron Fist is. I'm a fan and a half of Iron Fist and I can barely keep up with the nods and skirted allusions. Episode 6 was baaaaaaaaad bad bad on its action scenes. Just bad all around with its writing and everything power through it...its painfully bad at trying to imply anyone knows how to fight and Danny's second "fight" is just stupid and makes no sense. Its out and out terrible and everyone involved in his fights are just cookie cutter and forced.

Up to Episode 10 now. 6 was the absolute lowest point but after that they clearly said "fuck this guy he's hopeless to cover for" and started shoving him in outfits and scenes where they could use talented doubles to cover for him. Plus his opponents are actually successfully written and made interesting after that point as well. Episode 8's opponent is absolutely baller and I would love to see them return.

Elandyll

Banned
Am at episode 5... And so far I don't really see the supposed trainwreck some were talking about.

It's not only way better imo than your average CW fare, but (so far) I'd rank it that way

Daredevil S1
Jessica Jones
Iron Fist / Luke Cage S1 first half
Daredevil S2
Luke Cage S1 2nd half

#shrug

We'll see if the rest of the season holds up.

dlemarc

Just finished it.

It was pretty "meh", not terrible but nothing stood out as great and the ending was pretty goofy.

This basically sums up how I feel about this show. The other Netflix Marvel shows had higher highs, but I'll watch another season to see where it goes. If this was 8-10 episodes (and the other Netflix Marvel shows), I definitely believe the quality would be much higher. It's also hard to watch the martial arts in this show with Into the Badlands coming back.

Zen Aku

okay finished the last episode... the show was pretty average, and danny is pretty much the barry allen of marvel in this....

That's an insult to Barry Allen. At least Barry look the part of a CSI and the Flash and is actually pretty convincing that he's a speedster. I can't look at Danny Rand and see a man who is a martial arts master of 15 years.

That's an insult to Barry Allen. At least Barry look the part of a CSI and the Flash and is actually pretty convincing that he's a speedster. I can't look at Danny Rand and see a man who is a martial arts master of 15 years.

fair enough, but i mostly talk about their stupidity in their choice!

Realeza

Banned
I just watched the first episode. People say the main actor is one of the main problems, but he seemed alright to me, likeable even. The problem is everything else: the effects are cheesy as fuck, like WTF? Where did the budget go? The supporting cast seems boring as fuck, and like every other Marvel Netflix show, it moves at a snail's pace. Are the rest of the episodes better, or worse than the first one?

Carcetti

Marvel shows rated:

1. Best parts of Jessica Jones (beginning and end)
2. Daredevil as a whole
3. Best parts of Luke Cage (about 5-6 episodes)
4. Worst parts of Jessica Jones
5. Iron Fist
6. Worst parts of Luke Cage

Finn Jones isn't even the real problem. It's direction and the script where everything goes wrong from minute one.

Theorry

No idea why its gets recieved badly really. I wasnt expecting much from all the reviews but i am really liking it so far. At ep 7 now.

Volimar

Marvel shows rated:

2. Daredevil as a whole
5. Iron Fist

Finn Jones isn't even the real problem. It's direction and the script where everything goes wrong from minute one.

I can respect all this.

How is the running theme of this show from the beginning until the absolute closing moment that
Danny is a terrible iron fist. I just know that can't be what they wanted us to take away from it lol. But they must have...

When you're introducing a new hero in the universe I don't think that's the note you're supposed to end on. Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Daredevil all ended on the opposite note.

Altairre

Marvel shows rated:

2. Daredevil as a whole
5. Iron Fist

I haven't watched Iron Fist yet but I agree with the rest of this list. Makes me even more worried about Iron Fist cause I'm going to watch that at some point before Defenders comes out. Too deep down this rabbit hole to stop now.

I liked Iron Fist more than I thought I would, but mainly for everything that WASN'T Iron Fist.

I absolutely hated Ward at the beginning with his constant whining, treating Danny like shit, and his weird slow stretched out way he talks (like he's condescending to everyone he talks to). But by the end I really, really liked him.

Joy was like the opposite, she started out seeming like the character you'd root for because she would do something nice (giving the M&M's to Danny, giving the bowl to Hogarth), but then she'd occasionally do fucked up stuff for the company (or herself) and the last scene with her made NO sense:
she wants to kill Danny because her life went to shit after he returned? All the bad stuff that happened was because of her evil father!

Wing was fantastic throughout the whole show. I cared way more about her character than anything Danny had going on. They should just kill Danny off in the beginning of season 2 and the Iron Fist should go to her.

As for Iron Fist... I thought the special effect for it looked cool, but that was about it. It wasn't used in a cool way until really late in the show (
and one of the only REALLY cool moments was spoiled by the trailer
).

also what the hell with the final action scene

danny knock down harold.... and just ran away.... WHY? And then harold do something similar, he knock down danny with his pipe... and casually go away, turning away from danny

They learned how to fight from the lichens in the Order 1886

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
No i can't because Drugs
No i can't because Chi
No i can't because reasons,

Ya'll I really wanna do more Iron Fistin' but my budget was used up in episode 13, you gotta wait until then for me to actually be useful and then it's
only for a second cus I gotta get roughed up by a CEO.

faint.

Watched episode 7? last night with the
fight with the drunken dude guarding the door.
It was soooo cheesy. Honestly gave me Daredevil (the movie) park fight vibes.

Watched episode 7? last night with the
fight with the drunken dude guarding the door.
It was soooo cheesy. Honestly gave me Daredevil (the movie) park fight vibes.

I was really hoping for some good ol' drunken master type crazy action, but yeah they kind of dropped the ball on that one too.

Top Bottom