• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ibqUkY3JJq50ep.jpg

Alx

That he was, and his best run was the extremis series. Which iron man 3 is gonna be based off of.

After learning about that extremis thing, and that IM3 will be based on it, I'm not sure I want to see the movie any more. :/
All the charm of the Tony Stark/Iron Man character, is that he's an engineer using a machine he invented, with his hands. It caters to the joy of toying with screws and bolts and make great things with them.
All the things Stark invented in the movie were done fiddling scrap, or holograms, or nuclear device, but it's the complete opposite of nanomachines. And the coolest parts of the movies are seeing the armor being built or deconstructed before your eyes.

Jacob

Damn, I'll have to keep an eye out for that when I go see the movie again with my brother. Hopefully the sign will actually be legible when it's not a cam rip.

That's the bleeding edge, not the extremis. Bleeding Edge is overpowered and should be the last suit with him facing a huge group of his Rogue gallery that survive. Living Laser, Blizzard, Mandarin, Crimson Dynamo, Titanium Man.... I think are good start for a nice finish.

Bleeding Edge is broken. Extremis is pretty normal just more energy, always on him, and makes him stronger and a bit faster.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn, I'll have to keep an eye out for that when I go see the movie again with my brother. Hopefully the sign will actually be legible when it's not a cam rip.
Considering the ludicrous image quality of this flick I have no doubt that it will be.

Rimfya

Banned
My second viewing confirmed Iron Man vs Thor as my favourite fight in the film.

The hits just sound and look so hard. It's fantastic.

Asbel

Why would anybody want Iron Man to be that overpowered? Hopefully they nerf that crap IM 3.

Agreed. Iron Man doesn't need a big power boost. Yes he should always get better cuz tech gets better but I prefer that he never beats characters like Thor or Hulk physically (although it's entertaining when he tries). He can beat them when he outsmarts them though. Overpowered heroes are hard to write good stories for consistently.

I'm a bit torn on the Extremis stuff making it into the movies - it's definitely the natural progression of things, but it's a little too advanced compared to the almost-believable tech the movies have presented so far. At the same time though, I'm having a lot of trouble thinking of other directions IM3 can take that won't just be rehash of the previous movies.

Log4Girlz

I'm a bit torn on the Extremis stuff making it into the movies - it's definitely the natural progression of things, but it's a little too advanced compared to the almost-believable tech the movies have presented so far. At the same time though, I'm having a lot of trouble thinking of other directions IM3 can take that won't just be rehash of the previous movies.

How about a movie without the suit?

Ahuahuahuahua

Hex

Banned
After learning about that extremis thing, and that IM3 will be based on it, I'm not sure I want to see the movie any more. :/
All the charm of the Tony Stark/Iron Man character, is that he's an engineer using a machine he invented, with his hands. It caters to the joy of toying with screws and bolts and make great things with them.
All the things Stark invented in the movie were done fiddling scrap, or holograms, or nuclear device, but it's the complete opposite of nanomachines. And the coolest parts of the movies are seeing the armor being built or deconstructed before your eyes.

I agree with this.
The limitations of the armor is what made it interesting.
Nano-machines in his skin making armor come out of his ass that does not need engines and can repair itself continually? They should save shit like that for the ultimate crap.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Why would anybody want Iron Man to be that overpowered? Hopefully they nerf that crap IM 3.

Well IM3 will be about Extremis and most likely not Bleeding edge. They'll probably just go with the idea that the new armour can be carried with him at all times as it's main benefit.

Tobor

Well IM3 will be about Extremis and most likely not Bleeding edge. They'll probably just go with the idea that the new armour can be carried with him at all times as it's main benefit.

Yeah, and I can see why. They've done the "How will he get his armor?" bit twice now, once in IM 2 with the suitcase, and then in avengers with the Mark VII.

As long as he doesn't turn into Superman, it will hopefully work out. That Bleeding Edge stuff is ridiculous.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm sort of assuming (hoping) that Extremis will be expressed in the movie in terms of enhancing his cognitive abilities and becoming able to interface directly with the armor, but still need to "put it on," though he wouldn't need anything like the bracelets to get the Mark VII to him accurately. The effect of having anything substantial come out of his body to form the armor would be so, so difficult to translate to the screen and maintain suspension of disbelief.

noah111

Still Alive
I stil find it hilarious that with all the crazy tech and science Stark has at his disposal, in the movie he still has that shrapnel inching towards his heart without the arch reactor chest piece...

At least movie Iron Man doesn't wear the under armor and that's the least believable part of Extremis.

I stil find it hilarious that with all the crazy tech and science Stark has at his disposal, in the movie he's still has the shrapnel inning towards his heart without the arch reactor chest piece...

I think that will be addressed in IM3. Just to question why he'll still wear a mini arc reactor in his chest or something.

knicks

Mark Ruffalo smirking in a plain calm tone of voice explaining he is always angry, turning into the hulk on command and than taking orders from captain america and comprehending what people are saying to him.....what is going on? Okay lets go kill black widow during one scene, than later on completely take sides and control your commands.

Nice black sabbath thermal Robert Downey Jr.

Captain America you are played by Jake Wyler from Not Another Teen Movie. End of discussion. Quit acting. You suck. I cannot and will not ever take you serious. Your lines were terrible. Your a face with a build, that is all.

Black Widow, your purpose is........?

Does anyone even get close to injured on The Avengers squad? What a terrible villain and plot. I cannot believe this has a 93% on RT. RT has become a complete joke.

This movie sucked hardcore guys. It was just to simple. 12 people tops have actual lines in the movie.

Robin from How I Met Your Mother was looking soooo sexy though.

/rant

Log4Girlz

Mark Ruffalo smirking in a plain calm tone of voice explaining he is always angry, turning into the hulk on command and than taking orders from captain america and comprehending what people are saying to him.....what is going on? Okay lets go kill black widow during one scene, than later on completely take sides and control your commands.

/rant

It took me one whole second, an entire second to realize that a voluntary transformation would result in Banner having more control over his actions when Hulking out.

This is what they intended, accept it or not.

noah111

Still Alive
Do you ignore my posts or something, I posted that link as soon as it went up as well as when it got updated. ;P
I saw a bunch of your older links but not to this specific piece. Not sure if you noticed but this thread moves a dozen pages a day so it's kind of hard to keep up on every link. :p Sorry!

Also, if any of you are like me you've been sleeping at night with the question "is hulk innie or outie" on the mind. I finally have the answer;

C7SQe.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom