• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Fex

this movie actually made me do something I thought impossible.

It made me kinda like Scarlett Johansen. I thought she was very very pretty.

She's 10 times better than that dope whos the new catwoman

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Mark Ruffalo smirking in a plain calm tone of voice explaining he is always angry, turning into the hulk on command and than taking orders from captain america and comprehending what people are saying to him.....what is going on? Okay lets go kill black widow during one scene, than later on completely take sides and control your commands.

Nice black sabbath thermal Robert Downey Jr.

Captain America you are played by Jake Wyler from Not Another Teen Movie. End of discussion. Quit acting. You suck. I cannot and will not ever take you serious. Your lines were terrible. Your a face with a build, that is all.

Black Widow, your purpose is........?

Does anyone even get close to injured on The Avengers squad? What a terrible villain and plot. I cannot believe this has a 93% on RT. RT has become a complete joke.

This movie sucked hardcore guys. It was just to simple. 12 people tops have actual lines in the movie.

Robin from How I Met Your Mother was looking soooo sexy though.

/rant

I don't know anything else about you but the first bolded struck me as hilarious as a gauge of the "complexity" of a movie. Have you ever seen 12 Angry Men?

Also I agree wholeheatedly with the second bold. :D

I find the remainder of what you have to say flaccid and tawdry.

knicks

It took me one whole second, an entire second to realize that a voluntary transformation would result in Banner having more control over his actions when Hulking out.

This is what they intended, accept it or not.

Or it's just lazy writing.

Hulk was about to kill an ally on a flying boat. Now he is taking orders, he is the hulk. Is there really an argument here?

ReiGun

- She brings in Banner to join the cause
- She tricks Loki into revealing his plan to unleash Hulk.
- She beats up Hawkeye so he can be captured and brought to his senses.
- Flies the Quinjet and fights alongside Cap and Hawkeye on the ground
- Closes the damn portal, which was like, the whole point of the final battle.

Widow more than pulled her weight.

this movie actually made me do something I thought impossible.

It made me kinda like Scarlett Johansen. I thought she was very very pretty.

She's 10 times better than that dope whos the new catwoman

She was looking quite good in this movie. Especially dat ass.

Miggytronz

Mark Ruffalo smirking in a plain calm tone of voice explaining he is always angry, turning into the hulk on command and than taking orders from captain america and comprehending what people are saying to him.....what is going on? Okay lets go kill black widow during one scene, than later on completely take sides and control your commands.

Captain America you are played by Jake Wyler from Not Another Teen Movie. End of discussion. Quit acting. You suck. I cannot and will not ever take you serious. Your lines were terrible. Your a face with a build, that is all.

Does anyone even get close to injured on The Avengers squad? What a terrible villain and plot. I cannot believe this has a 93% on RT. RT has become a complete joke.

This movie sucked hardcore guys. It was just to simple. 12 people tops have actual lines in the movie.

/rant

LOLOLOLOL

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I saw a bunch of your older links but not to this specific piece.

I posted links to it at least twice, with images both times.

Not sure if you noticed but this thread moves a dozen pages a day so it's kind of hard to keep up on every link.

Bah, if I can keep up despite a busy work schedule, anyone can. ;P

EDIT: Looking back at when I first posted it, you replied to the thread right after 2 posts later. So you are just ignoring me, ha! ;)

G-Fex

- She brings in Banner to join the cause
- She tricks Loki into revealing his plan to unleash Hulk.
- She beats up Hawkeye so he can be captured and brought to his senses.
- Flies the Quinjet and fights alongside Cap and Hawkeye on the ground
- Closes the damn portal, which was like, the whole point of the final battle.

Widow more than pulled her weight.

She was looking quite good in this movie. Especially dat ass.

yes that too, very much that.

XiaNaphryz

Or it's just lazy writing.

Hulk was about to kill an ally on a flying boat. Now he is taking orders, he is the hulk. Is there really an argument here?

Uncontrolled transformation due to external triggers - uncontrolled Hulk.

Controlled transformation by Banner - controlled Hulk.

Not too hard, and was alluded to the whole movie.

knicks

This is why batman/spiderman stand alone at the tippy top of the mountain in my opinion. Your right, I guess I just cannot accept it. I think it is stupid.

Log4Girlz

This is why batman/spiderman stand alone at the tippy top of the mountain in my opinion. Your right, I guess I just cannot accept it. I think it is stupid.

So when he first transformed, he should have said in Hulk voice "Oh hey Black Widow, you're in a bind, let me lift that pipe for you".

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Uncontrolled transformation due to external triggers - uncontrolled Hulk.

Controlled transformation by Banner - controlled Hulk.

Not too hard, and was alluded to the whole movie.
Just not spelled out explicitly, and moreso than all of the people who came into this thread politely wondering if they'd missed something about it, the indignation of the Knicks makes me glad that they didn't.

I've mentioned this a few times, but Stark figures this out about Banner within minutes of meeting him. The fact that they never have a line of dialogue being like "lol, but I can totally control it if I choose to transform myself" serves to underscore the connection between Banner and Stark that pays off when Tony is the only one that realizes and expects Banner will show up in the final battle.

I think it is stupid.
Well I think this...
I cannot believe this has a 93% on RT. RT has become a complete joke.
...is just dynamite! What exactly do you think Rottentomatoes does? Do you have any other examples of how it's a complete joke, just to get me through to lunchtime?

noah111

Still Alive
I posted links to it at least twice, with images both times.

Bah, if I can keep up despite a busy work schedule, anyone can. ;P

EDIT: Looking back at when I first posted it, you replied to the thread right after 2 posts later. So you are just ignoring me, ha! ;)
D'oh! I must've thought it was a completely different article, because it's been updated tremendously with a shitton of new stuff in there. :lol

Also, anyone know where there's an 1080 version of the ending credits? That'd make an awesome screen saver.

Chavelo

tumblr_lt22wsJ0Iu1r14t0t.gif

knicks

So when he first transformed, he should have said in Hulk voice "Oh hey Black Widow, you're in a bind, let me lift that pipe for you".

No, but it was stupid to make him attempt to kill her during one scene, and next thing you know they are fighting side by side.

And than how they have Loki getting disowned by the hulk was ridiculous. Thats what I call lazy. Out of the blue hulk just comes breaking into starks building and destroy him. It couldn't have been more random and simple. Just like that.......What a way to have the main villain fall from power.....really....

Miggytronz

No, but it was stupid to make him attempt to kill her during one scene, and next thing you know they are fighting side by side.

And than how they have Loki getting disowned by the hulk was ridiculous. Thats what I call lazy. Out of the blue hulk just comes breaking into starks building and destroy him. It couldn't have been more random and simple. Just like that.......What a way to have the main villain fall from power.....really....

So you dont understand Conrolled Hulk vs Uncontrolled Hulk and Loki is weak sauce.

And his pants, I mean, why don't they get torn apart right.

XiaNaphryz

LakeEarth

Just not spelled out explicitly, and moreso than all of the people who came into this thread politely wondering if they'd missed something about it, the indignation of the Knicks makes me glad that they didn't.

I've mentioned this a few times, but Stark figures this out about Banner within minutes of meeting him. The fact that they never have a line of dialogue being like "lol, but I can totally control it if I choose to transform myself" serves to underscore the connection between Banner and Stark that pays off when Tony is the only one that realizes and expects Banner will show up in the final battle.
Tell him to suit up.

Log4Girlz

Right, so he should have just tried to kill everyone and not have him in the Avengers. You know, he's been fought by the Avengers several times in the comic books. In this movie, it was made pretty clear without just out right stating it that when he transforms himself, he gains control. I mean, I can't imagine it being any clearer without just outright saying it, which IMO would have been weaker.

noah111

Still Alive
RT just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about movie culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it.

This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but RT has alienated an entire market with this movie.

RT, publicly apologize and cancel Avengers or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Translated.

You're just not accepting basic facts

And than how they have Loki getting disowned by the hulk was ridiculous.
I didn't know the Hulk was a slave owner

Thats what I call lazy. Out of the blue hulk just comes breaking into starks building and destroy him. It couldn't have been more random and simple. Just like that.......What a way to have the main villain fall from power.....really....
Hulk was smashing around, doing what he does best. It really wasn't random, but it was simple, but just because something is simple, doesn't mean it is bad. Hulks beatdown of Loki was incredibly simple and that's why it works.

/rant
tumblr_m2f9m190wz1qlrqk7.gif

J10

Banned
I'd argue that Loki's effectiveness as a villain is exactly what makes that asswhooping so awesome. It was cathartic.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know how much longer they could have ominously zoomed in on the staff with the ability to control people while everyone was at each other's necks without being totally in your face about Loki's manipulation. Along with that we're shown Banner is drawn to the staff without realizing it when he's suddenly shown subconsciously grasping it. Not everything should be spelled out crystal clear.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

And you are entitled to your opinion. Just realize that most of the world disagrees with you and actually loves the movie.

Maybe you just didn't understand it?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Extremis > Bleeding-Edge in terms of movie believability and bad-ass-ness.

Holding parts in of your bones? Crossing the line. Just standing there while various pieces of armor magnetize together on your body? BAD. ASS.

That shit would look beautiful on the silver screen, and would make for great action scenes where Tony is pinned down, stripped of armor and quickly materializes only the gauntlet bit to get him out of a sticky situation.

Log4Girlz

Extremis > Bleeding-Edge in terms of movie believability and bad-ass-ness.

Holding parts in of your bones? Crossing the line. Just standing there while various pieces of armor magnetize together on your body? BAD. ASS.

That shit would look beautiful on the silver screen, and would make for great action scenes where Tony is pinned down, stripped of armor and quickly materializes only the gauntlet bit to get him out of a sticky situation.

It would be cool if he held up his hand to the sky and lightning came down and hit his bracelet (like the one he had when thrown out the building by Loki) and the armor starts forming around his body, piece by piece.

lol

Thank you... so this is a GAF original? Wow
KuGsj.gif

One of Gaming side's greatest moments in revealing the absurdity of fanboyishness.

I just thought it was one of the most hilariously bad things to ever read. Since then, it's cropped up in a few places but nothing beats the original.

LakeEarth

Well Thor being less destructible than the tree helps with the explosion.

Seeing that GIF looped made me realize that that's a 100% CG Thor. Neat.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Look at the effect this movie is having on the OT. Like 10 superhero related threads in the past couple days....I love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom